Dorsett first miami player in Mel and Todd mock draft

poncho0091

Senior
First off I know it's Mel Kiper and Todd Mcshay, not a whole lot of accuracy there, but with that said, they have Dorsett as the first Miami plaot likely imo.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
Before Flowers? I thought Mcshay had Dorsett going to Seattle at the end of the first?

I love the kid but would any of you use a first round pick on him? I kinda think if you take a wideout in the first round you should be getting a legit 1. IMO, Dorsett will kill at the next level by going to a team that already has a big time 1 and then he functions as a burner. Don't think you use a first round pick on a guy for that type of complimentary role.

Before Flowers? I thought Mcshay had Dorsett going to Seattle at the end of the first?

I love the kid but would any of you use a first round pick on him? I kinda think if you take a wideout in the first round you should be getting a legit 1. IMO, Dorsett will kill at the next level by going to a team that already has a big time 1 and then he functions as a burner. Don't think you use a first round pick on a guy for that type of complimentary role.

You do if you're Seattle. They just got their #1 receiver in Graham, now they need a guy to take the top off the defense.

Could be Flowers or Dorsett going first. I think Flowers is all dependent on if O-lineman start dropping like flies like the 2013 draft. Both should go in the first round though.

Flowers is a first round talent.

I'll be happily surprised if we have anyone go in the first round.

Advertisement

You do if you're Seattle. They just got their [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] receiver in Graham, now they need a guy to take the top off the defense.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Don't like Dorsett being a #1 but dude is a legit "take the top of your defense" player, plus he can catch that quick slant and take it to the house.

This was a combined mock draft special they had on ESPN where Mcshay and Kiper took turns making picks. It's likely their individual mocks are much different, but I think Mcshay messed up Kiper's picks by having Cooper go at #3 .

Advertisement
Didn"T Flowers walk on field and start in D1 program first game as true freshman in place of a guy now starting in NFL after beating out some big name Bama OT? I suspect any team that takes a different OL guy before him will regret that. Kid, and he is still a kid, is total beast. Might have hurt himself going without agent as a sales rep, but huge road graders with light feet and long arms with no drug, social, head, legal, or lazy problems just do not pop out every year. Some QB is going to be very happy when his team picks that big Viking.

PD might be a little of a reach but with pass happy NFL, he could go 1st round easy. Out of St Thomas, several recent Canes WRs have surprised and those drops against ND are fading -- even if not, he blew the top of ND and forced complete change of game plan(By now NFL has figured out the Al is just to stupid to have taken advantage of those ND dbs playing 30 yards off). Even his blocking improved this year. Kid is a "no problem" hard working fast as crap WR. Not the cancer cell like good of Percy and others. Could go later 1st but not before Flowers.

Could be Flowers or Dorsett going first. I think Flowers is all dependent on if O-lineman start dropping like flies like the 2013 draft. Both should go in the first round though.

I bet Al is on his knees praying "Please Lord don't let 2 or 3 of my former players go in the first round. I can't go outside as it is." If RB was not so downgraded now, Duke would surely go in 1st too.

They also don't have Duke coming off the board until #90 . They have him as like the 7th RB off the board. That's crazy to me.

Advertisement
Seattle doesn't have a first round pick. Traded it as part of Graham deal

Ahhh, you're right. I may have caught the end of the scroll and saw the (from Seattle) part. I guess Dorsett would be an option for the Saints but still seems too high.

I think Flowers is a lock for 1st Round. I doubt Dorsett goes as high as 16 but I could see him sneaking in late 1st Round depending on how the Picks turn out. McShay and Kiper change their mock draft's drastically each week. They had Gregory top 5 and now they have him late Teen's. In this last one I think it was McShay who picked Gurley at 4 or 5 I cant remember. Now Shane Ray has the foot problem that could drop him. It will be interesting to see how 1-10 turn out and I think that will determine Dorsett's fate

You do if you're Seattle. They just got their #1 receiver in Graham, now they need a guy to take the top off the defense.

its already hard for me not to like Seattle. if they do that I may officially convert

Advertisement
First off I know it's Mel Kiper and Todd Mcshay, not a whole lot of accuracy there, but with that said, they have Dorsett as the first Miami plaot likely imo.

Thoughts?

He probably isn't an #1 WR on a team, so shouldnt be first rounder, but teams get excited about speed (Tavon Austin last year).

Flowers should go ahead of him though. From what I have read, there are 3-4 OTs better than him NOW, but he has the most potential long term.

Thoughts?

He probably isn't an [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] WR on a team, so shouldnt be first rounder, but teams get excited about speed (Tavon Austin last year).

Flowers should go ahead of him though. From what I have read, there are 3-4 OTs better than him NOW, but he has the most potential long term.

I think that's flawed. Draft picks are used to get guys that fit your team. If Dorsett fits what Seattle (or any team) wants, even if it isn't a true #1 receiver, they should take him where they feel they can get him. You'll notice the teams that ALWAYS win, like New England and Seattle, have a reputation for "reaching" in the first round.

Miami will have 4-5 players taken in the first 2 rounds. Flowers and Dorsett will go in 1st, Perryman and Duke in 2nd and possibly Walford in 2nd as well.

Flowers could possibly go as high as 9th overall to the Giants and won't fall past the Colts at 29. Dorsett could go to Philly at 20 and won't fall past the Saints at 31.
Perryman could have been a 1st rounder if he ran a better 40. He will go top 50 for sure, possibly to San Francisco at 46. Someone will pull the trigger on drafting Duke higher than expected - I could see him going as high as 37th to the Jets and not falling past Dallas at 60. Walford may be the 1st TE taken in the draft, could see him going as high as Atlanta at 42 and not falling past Green Bay at 62.

Advertisement
Back