Dorito Hired At Wisconsin

Perfect example of its not about what you know but who you know. And we all know he doesn’t know nothing about coaching a defense
And that’s the baffling thing about him. Despite tons and tons of evidence to the contrary, people who should know better keep hiring this guy thinking he’s capable of running a legit defense.

Advertisement
Chickillo was outside LB, right? So I guess they thought “He didn’t F up Perryman!”

I disliked him and his buddy’s scheming with a passion. It’s the most frustrated I’ve ever been as a Canes fan, and that’s saying a lot considering what’s been happening the last 15 to 18 years.

But he’s not being hired as a defensive coordinator, or any kind of strategist.

He may actually be a very good inside linebackers coach. anyway that’s not really an issue we had with him, down here it was much bigger than that, and he’s basically being hired as an almost minor position coach. Inside linebackers.

Even with this, it’s a pretty spectacular fall from grace. Not exactly he way you want your coaching career trajectory to go. I’m sure he had it in his mind that he was going to be a head coach one day.

He's no Charlie Strong.

Advertisement
Remember this?

1557278758231-jpeg.84813

F5B46488-7750-442E-8BF8-15557DBB800C.gif

Advertisement
Think about how Mario took his time and layered in an imprerssive crew. How in the world could anyone vet No D for more than 30 seconds and hire the guy? Pretty funny for anyone except WI, especially inside linebackers.

Perhaps all of you geniuses have forgotten, or never learned the Peter Principle, that people rise to their lrvrl of incompetence. Just like some guys are good coordinators, but lousy head coaches, some position coaches become lousy coordinators. D'Onofrio was an excellent linebacker as a college and NFL player. And a good coach till he became a DC. He's been hired at Wisconsin as a LB coach, not as the DC. And. BTW, Wisconsin is a LB factory with a top, top, defense headed by maybe the top DC in the country.

Advertisement
I have a affinity for the defensive side of the ball. Dude he is only coach in Miami history, when I see it , rage starts to build up in me. That was only time in Miami history I intentionally miss watching Miami games.

I dislike donut with fiery passion of a thousand suns.

Again, I just don’t get a lot of these posts. He’s not going to be the defensive coordinator and I honestly have no idea how good a linebacker coach he is or isn’t.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back