Dontye Carrier-Williams

pumbaa

Sophomore
Just left Wisconsin with a full release, should Miami grab him this time since he has experience and would add depth to our DB rotation? Played for Booker T and St Thomas down here, we flirted with offering under Golden but he was told he needed to grow an inch, I believe he is 5'10" or so. He played in rotation at Wisconsin last year.

Advertisement
Apparently he left because he got passed over...I’m not down with taking guys at a position with talent. I would rather leave it for a lineman or a QB like the Texas dou if they transfer.

Wonder what happened. Everything I had read elsewhere said that he was happy at Wisky.

Advertisement
Lol at Golden needing him to grow an inch for an offer. Sounds like Bandy. God I ******* hate that man or whatever he is.

Apparently he left because he got passed over...I’m not down with taking guys at a position with talent. I would rather leave it for a lineman or a QB like the Texas dou if they transfer.
If you think he was given a full release because he got "passed over" I am not sure you understand how football works. The fans think that, but that is not what happened. If he was passed over and left he would have had to sit a year.

If you think he was given a full release because he got "passed over" I am not sure you understand how football works. The fans think that, but that is not what happened. If he was passed over and left he would have had to sit a year.
Dude he was taking second team reps....and that’s from people watching their practice.

Wisconsin cornerback Dontye Carriere-Williams announces he'll leave Badgers

The redshirt sophomore found himself relegated to second-team reps midway through camp, however. Defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach Jim Leonhard said at the time that Carriere-Williams needed to show more consistent effort in practice.

"Right now, in having conversations with him as well, it's just consistency," Leonhard said of Carriere-Williams earlier this month. "The highs are high, and they've been high. It's just consistency and effort in practice, and just continuing to push that. I like some of the things he's done, but I just want to see more. ... He knows what it's like on Saturdays, and that doesn't give him a pass to compete on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and in training camp.

CB Dontye Carriere-Williams announces full release to leave Wisconsin

On Sunday, Wisconsin released its Week 1 depth chart with Carriere-Williams as one of the second-team cornerbacks behind redshirt freshman Faion Hicks and redshirt sophomore Caesar Williamsas starters.

Advertisement
Dude he was taking second team reps....and that’s from people watching their practice.

Think about what I am saying. Would Miami grant a kid full release if he didn't start? No schools don't do that, ever. When a kid is given a full release especially 2-3 days before the season starts there is more than 2nd team reps.

Think about what I am saying. Would Miami grant a kid full release if he didn't start? No schools don't do that, ever. When a kid is given a full release especially 2-3 days before the season starts there is more than 2nd team reps.

Yeah....something's off here.

May be its early but i cant follow your train of thought, can you elaborate? If a kid is not a starter, hes 2nd/3rd string or practice squad...why would we NOT grant him a full release?

May be its early but i cant follow your train of thought, can you elaborate? If a kid is not a starter, hes 2nd/3rd string or practice squad...why would we NOT grant him a full release?
Because teams don't grant full releases because a kid is mad he didn't get playing time. When a kid transfers due to lack of playing time they have to sit a year due to NCCA rules. Full release is usually due to something behind the scenes that is going on.

Advertisement
^ go read it again. There’s receipts...you only care because he played for BTW and STA
Don't care that he played at STA or anywhere else. He was a take for Miami except for height before so I asked a question. Also his father has posted in some groups of why he left, and 2nd team reps isn't part of it. Full release is not happening due to 2nd team reps, usually kids fight with the NCAA and petition to not have to sit a year or have family reasons or health reasons, not playing time. Grimes wasn't given a full release from OSU to go to UF due to his mother being sick, he had to petition the NCAA but Wisky is going to let a top 3-4 db leave on full release due to 2nd team? Come on.

His Dad is SFE 7 on 7 Pres or VP- so he def has ties to our coaching staff. Will just be a matter if coaches think he adds valuable depth.

His Dad is SFE 7 on 7 Pres or VP- so he def has ties to our coaching staff. Will just be a matter if coaches think he adds valuable depth.
Prez is Brett if I am not mistaken, I think he is VP and talent evaluator/recruiter

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because teams don't grant full releases because a kid is mad he didn't get playing time. When a kid transfers due to lack of playing time they have to sit a year due to NCCA rules. Full release is usually due to something behind the scenes that is going on.
Ok, i follow...i missed the part about not having to sit a year

If his compete level is being questioned, you don't want him near Greentree.

Listen to a Manny Diaz interview and ask yourself if this kid would survive.

Advertisement
Back