Donta Wilkins visiting in January

Am I wrong for not being impressed with this kid? Maybe I need to watch his film again.

If you are going off that videos posted in this thread, you are the farthest thing from wrong. I havent seen the other stuff, but that video shows a big kid that can move decent but doesnt make that many plays, atleast from the DT position, but hey its one video and it wasnt a highlight reel in the sense that it was mostly from two games, and showed a lot of plays.

Gotta watch the HUDL vids

Advertisement
For some reason I thought he was a prep kid.

According to Scout he has a pretty decent offer list: UNC, NC St, Penn State and Va Tech have all offered along with us and Virginia.

Am I wrong for not being impressed with this kid? Maybe I need to watch his film again.

Go Watch all of his Hudl highlights. Kid was All state both ways for the 2nd year in a row, who makes all state for OL and DL in the same year, two years in row?

Kid is EXTREMELY high on UM, and committed to UVA because it was close to home an the safe choice. But if he wants in the staff will accept his commit, they have flown up to see him twice already once back in Feb and then again about a week after he said he was reevaluating his options with UVA. So for the staff to jump on a plane to East Tumble Weed, VA the minute this kid says he is back on the market speaks volumes about their interest.

Good for Donta in locking in a visit date, I am hoping its the 18th so he can be around some of the bigger recruits.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...1531546-492f-11e2-ad54-580638ede391_blog.html

Go Canes!

You fly into DC and then rent a car and drive 30-40 mins.

Advertisement

If you are going off that videos posted in this thread, you are the farthest thing from wrong. I havent seen the other stuff, but that video shows a big kid that can move decent but doesnt make that many plays, atleast from the DT position, but hey its one video and it wasnt a highlight reel in the sense that it was mostly from two games, and showed a lot of plays.

Gotta watch the HUDL vids

I was only speaking about the video posted earlier in the thread. This kid looks like one of those schollys I was talkin about in the other thread regarding WRs. Bryant Bostwick, and one other kid such as Wilkins or a JUCO.

I had heard the name mentioned but never bothered to watch his tape. I watched his HUDL jr year highlight and he is **** impressive. He has the stout build and strength at the point of attack of a NT (1-tech or even 0-tech) but also has the ability to penetrate and get upfield as a 3-tech. Also is a mauler at guard.

Actually reminds me a lot of Curtis Porter

I'll happily take him in this class. Just hope it is in addition to Bryant and Bostwick rather than replacing one of them.

I didn't watch one second of film....but

WANT. Let's get all the big guys we can and sort them out at the Hecht.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back