Off-Topic Don't Walk Your Dog Near Lakes and Canals in Florida

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Some scary **** but at the end of the day, the dog survived. Mission accomplished. Lemonade outta lemons.

Reminds me of growing up in Pittsburgh. My saint of a father saved my chubby twin sister's dog during a housefire. He died later that night from a heart attack due to smoke inhalation. Our adopted brother later became a senator and my mom married my dad's Puerto Rican best friend but I digress.

Advertisement
Some scary **** but at the end of the day, the dog survived. Mission accomplished. Lemonade outta lemons.

Reminds me of growing up in Pittsburgh. My saint of a father saved my chubby twin sister's dog during a housefire. He died later that night from a heart attack due to smoke inhalation. Our adopted brother later became a senator and my mom married my dad's Puerto Rican best friend but I digress.

Someone’s grandma was eaten and you’re making jokes.

Someone’s grandma was eaten and you’re making jokes.
I don't think meemaw was technically eaten. That said, gallows humor plus at the end of the day if you're 85 then going out in any sort of noble way (despite doing something kind of dumb) is probably a net positive. She DID save the dog.

Sounds like you have a good book in you or could use some therapy. Probably both.

Igor: You know, I'll never forget my old dad. When these things would happen to him... the things he'd say to me.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: What did he say?

Igor: "What the **** are you doing in the bathroom day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance?"

Advertisement

If you're by a canal, best to have hollow points in case of gator confrontation.

My neighbor sent me this the other day. I saw the big one crossing the road from storm pond to storm pond. I was coming back from a run with my dog and there it was. ****** just hunkered down until I moved off. A little later he was killing the other gaters in the pond. He attacked another one a couple days later but only got one of it's legs. I want to go out there with a bow.

IMG_20230223_203439.jpg

My neighbor sent me this the other day. I saw the big one crossing the road from storm pond to storm pond. I was coming back from a run with my dog and there it was. ****** just hunkered down until I moved off. A little later he was killing the other gaters in the pond. He attacked another one a couple days later but only got one of it's legs. I want to go out there with a bow.

View attachment 231239

Something must be wrong with me...All it reminded me of was our defenses of old.

View attachment 231239
That belongs in the Gator Tears thread when they start attacking their own.

Advertisement
If you're by a canal, best to have hollow points in case of gator confrontation.
At the end of the day, Meemaw here was sadly probably just a little too comfortable with the lake in the backyard of her gated community. I'd be lying if I said I never let my dogs run loose near our lake when I lived in a similar community way out west in Miramar.

Definitely dumb but mannnn do you see some stupid **** in the actual Everglades with people too. Go out to Shark Valley this time of year and you'd think some of the people have the same size brains as the gators they try to "interact" with or take social media pics/videos with. I guess that environment has ample natural nourishment options but it's really amazing that there haven't been more attacks on people just based on general idiocy alone.

At the end of the day, Meemaw here was sadly probably just a little too comfortable with the lake in the backyard of her gated community. I'd be lying if I said I never let my dogs run loose near our lake when I lived in a similar community way out west in Miramar.

Definitely dumb but mannnn do you see some stupid **** in the actual Everglades with people too. Go out to Shark Valley this time of year and you'd think some of the people have the same size brains as the gators they try to "interact" with or take social media pics/videos with. I guess that environment has ample natural nourishment options but it's really amazing that there haven't been more attacks on people just based on general idiocy alone.
I've lived, worked, and schooled in Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade. I have additional family ties to Central Florida.
I'm 36.

I couldn't finish a book on the stupid **** I've seen in my life. Despite the self-belief of many, nature always wins.

That gator needs to go up against this dog. If he can get the best of a 12 ft hammerhead, a gator is easy work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back