Don't understand 90% of you

Its really very simple. Two wrongs do not make a right.

The fan base behavior is abominable. And stop with the slurper bull****. I am anti Golden, but that doesnt mean I condone or endorse childish, inappropriate behavior from our fan base. Not only are you scaring off recruits, you are scaring off potential coaches.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Advertisement

The fan base behavior is abominable. And stop with the slurper bull****. I am anti Golden, but that doesnt mean I condone or endorse childish, inappropriate behavior from our fan base. Not only are you scaring off recruits, you are scaring off potential coaches.

Couldn't disagree with you more.

This fanbase has had their home (OB) ripped away from them, had 3 straight ****** coaching staffs...all 3 of which received premature extensions and each of which were given more time than they should have. That additional time in each of the 3 cases is what damaged the program, not any "public outcry"

Stop with this bull****. What we're seeing right now is the cumulative effect of 10 years of incompetence. If I could neg your post 400 times I would....you're absolutely wrong and off base. We have every right to tear this **** down to the ground in light of the neglect and incompetence we've had to sit back and endure.

For the last 10 weeks most of you have trash Golden and company, to the point of flying banners and sending messages to recruits on twitter not to come to the U, etc. Now you don't understand why 18/19 year kids have seconds thoughts about going to Miami, are you kidding me ?? I love my Canes, but our fan base is total S###t.

The recruits don't listen to the vitriol spewed by the fans, here or anywhere else. There's plenty of reasons they choose a school. You and I aren't one of them. This is what the recruits themselves say, anyone else on this board w contact w any players will say the same.

The reading comprehension of this board is so bad. I haven't seen one poster say that Al is not a main reason for the kids coming here. Maybe a math lesson will help. If the recruits have a pie chart and its broke down into sections say Golden is 60% of the problem, Record is 20% and Home game attendance, fan support, telling recruits not to come is 20%. You would think that we would want to make the 20% we control to not be a negative. **** Golden, Shalala, James, BOT and anyone tweeting 18 year old kids to not attend The U cause they don't like the 4 groups that make decisions.

People are projecting. The ones blaming the fans are the same soft individuals who'd shy away from a school due to people being meanies. But what they don't realize is that the South Florida D1 athlete isn't as female-shouldered as they are and simply wants to go to the program that will put them in the best position to succeed both while in college and beyond. Nobody is going to sacrifice what they view as their best chance at success simply because fans are mean. And anyone who truly believes they would has a few screws loose.

At the end of the day, we've ALWAYS had poor attendance and lacked the fan support that other marquee programs enjoy. That never held us back in the past, because we had other things to sell. We no longer do.

Advertisement
For the last 10 weeks most of you have trash Golden and company, to the point of flying banners and sending messages to recruits on twitter not to come to the U, etc. Now you don't understand why 18/19 year kids have seconds thoughts about going to Miami, are you kidding me ?? I love my Canes, but our fan base is total S###t.

The recruits don't listen to the vitriol spewed by the fans, here or anywhere else. There's plenty of reasons they choose a school. You and I aren't one of them. This is what the recruits themselves say, anyone else on this board w contact w any players will say the same.

This. The idiocy of some people simply amazes me.

Burn this **** down to the ground. The only way I'll attend the stadium on a gameday next year is if we organize some type of protest/demonstration to stand outside the gates and encourage people not to go inside or support the program.

Even then...I'll carpool with someone just out of principal to avoid paying for the parking. I'm done supporting this program in any way until they show they give a **** about the program.

Agreed.

Agreed

Advertisement
I agree the fan base sucks and Al has not got it done, its that simple. I'm all cane tho and since Al is here I hope he has a break through next season and recruits will come! If he doesn't get it done then they are going to have to make a big splash with a big name.

Totally agree. It seems most of our fans suck, and are stupid to boot. But hey, at least they show up in droves every Saturday!! Opps!!

Advertisement

Totally agree. It seems most of our fans suck, and are stupid to boot. But hey, at least they show up in droves every Saturday!! Opps!!

It's funny cause you're type actually represents the stupid portion of our fanbase.

The rest of us actually CARE. Go root for another team if you're ok with mediocrity.

Opps!!

Advertisement
Players would be falling all over themselves to go 6-6 every season at Miami if it wasn't for those pesky banners. I see your logic op.

Sounds like florida and texas

Yep, let's throw out two schools that are committed to their football program.

There fans are commited to the program there is no half empty stadiums and no mass tweeting to kids to not to come your right

Players would be falling all over themselves to go 6-6 every season at Miami if it wasn't for those pesky banners. I see your logic op.

Yup because the Orane Bowl stayed packed when they were playing against teams not name FSU or UF.

We lose in the ACC championship game instead of another 6-7 year and recruits would be more incline to come here
They flocked to uf after a 4 win season something is in the water or shall i say the stands and behind social media.

New coach and their success is more recent than Miami. As a matter of fact, you'd be crazy at this point to choose Miami over Florida.

You can't be serious. Who the **** wants to live in a ****** trailertown like Gainesville when you can live in the Gables? The place stinks to high heaven! And only a very small percentage of college players get a sniff of the pros so a good education with smaller classes and top notch teachers means a lot to both players and parents. The U will be back, but the constant **** talking to the recruits will set back the program more than anything. The ONLY thing Fla has over Us is a bigger fan base. And about a million more rednecks.It's the only place where you can go to the games and see 50000 70 year old rednecks in jorts holding hands and singing together and swaying back and forth. Jeez! And they're so desperate for attention they put a statue of Tebow up across from the stadium while he was STILL IN SCHOOL! Gators suck! They haven't had a running back make it in the NFL since Fred Taylor and NEVER had a QB make a dent. If a gator lights a match in their bathroom it will blow their house off of it's wheels! I'll take the Gables and our institution of higher learning every darn time.

You might not understand 90% of us...but you 10%'ers are a bunch of *** kissing morons who should go root for another team.

Advertisement
Back