Don't Tweet Recruits - Possible NCAA Violation

Some people may think it's cute and funny to tweet recruits but please think before you tweet..
We understand your frustration with the state of the U but telling recruits where to go and not to
go is a NCAA violation. New rules have been established for social media please read them.
Those members who ignore our warnings will be banned from this site.

As of right now Hurricanes_1983 and all of your other accounts have been banned..
Ray Lewis
SEAN TAYLOR
backdoorcover
clap bomb 16
sauce47
sauce77777
steve_downie

I don't tweet recruits but please ban me im so sick of your BS here. Half the members on this site came here because of the other message board acting like you been here. Deleting posts and banning people... prob the guy you banned i'd like to punch in the head but still...

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're all welcome, I brought it to the attention of the admins about this little pest earlier today.

I'm very laid back and don't call for anyone to get banned or really report anything at all, but he was going way overboard.

One thing is being upset at the University and the higher ups and another thing is attacking kids and their families. That's uncalled for.

Should ban you for thinking you're a police man.

Just for clarity:

It's ok to harass the corch's family at their residence, but tweeting an 18 year old is out of bounds.

Who's making these rules, Or are we coming up with them as we go?

Please tell me how banning someone from canesinsight keeps him from tweeting recruits.
Please tell me how you would even know if someone tweets recruits if they use a different twitter name.
Please tell me why you care? Its not a very enforceable violation, the NCAA can't even enforce rape (child or otherwise) and you think they can enforce millions of people on twitter? laughable.

This just sounds like you trying to look good to the administration or some other entity for some reason.

Do you think Twitter is goign to dig through THEIR database if the ncaa asks them... you just kind of said how much a pain in *** it is to go through this little peon of a message board as far as internet subscribers go... imagine twitter.

Dwight_pfft.jpg

Advertisement
Please tell me how banning someone from canesinsight keeps him from tweeting recruits.
Please tell me how you would even know if someone tweets recruits if they use a different twitter name.
Please tell me why you care? Its not a very enforceable violation, the NCAA can't even enforce rape (child or otherwise) and you think they can enforce millions of people on twitter? laughable.

This just sounds like you trying to look good to the administration or some other entity for some reason.

Do you think Twitter is goign to dig through THEIR database if the ncaa asks them... you just kind of said how much a pain in *** it is to go through this little peon of a message board as far as internet subscribers go... imagine twitter.

if u have an issue with the site, you know u could just browse other canes sites. its their site and they could do what they want with it. if u dont like it, u can leave. its not like ur paying any money for access.

I think you're looking too much into it..
If you're not tweeting stupid things to recruits you have nothing to worry about. OP went past stupid..
This site is pretty flexible you have to do something really dumb and **** off a lot of folks to get the hammer..

Just for clarity:

It's ok to harass the corch's family at their residence, but tweeting an 18 year old is out of bounds.

Not sure what you're talking about we banned the person that was responsible for pizzagate..

Advertisement
Look fans shouldn't be tweeting recruits but saying its a NCAA violation is BS how could the NCAA police that? and the last time i checked freedom of speech is still legal in this country, the NCAA is asking for a lawsuit. I mean you could respectfully ask fan to stop contacting recruits but making threats is not gonna work.
This is why I said possible violation in my title but fans should read the NCAA Bylaw 13.02.14..
I don't know how they are going to police it but why would anyone other than friends, reporters/writers, and schools tweet those kids?

Recruiting and social media: Twitter leads to new set of compliance problems

NCAA bylaws only allow an institution's coaches and authorized staff to contact prospective student-athletes; those who are prohibited from contacting recruits include boosters, season-ticket holders, students, alumni and, yes, even average fans.
“Fans cannot contact a recruit and attempt to entice them to attend a certain school, as this is a violation of NCAA rules,” said NCAA spokeswoman Kayci Woodley.
“If a school comes across an instance of this happening, it is expected they would reach out to those athletics personnel, fans and boosters and reinforce the ground rules related to communicating with recruits. This communication outreach would most likely be reported to the NCAA, which would show the school is doing their due diligence to abide by the NCAA rules.”

Key words there are "fans can't contact recruits and attempt to entice them to attend a certain school." Why exactly would the ncaa attempt to penalize UM for a fan attempting to steer a recruit AWAY from UM?

If you guys want to ban guys for doing stuff off this site that you don't agree with, then you should just do that. But to attempt to cloak the banning as protecting UM against the ncaa is insulting to those of normal intelligence.

Last edited:
RIP MIAMI FOOTBALL ‏@Hurricanes_1983 5h5 hours ago

someone send me more recruits twitters, it's time to warn them.

Look fans shouldn't be tweeting recruits but saying its a NCAA violation is BS how could the NCAA police that? and the last time i checked freedom of speech is still legal in this country, the NCAA is asking for a lawsuit. I mean you could respectfully ask fan to stop contacting recruits but making threats is not gonna work.
This is why I said possible violation in my title but fans should read the NCAA Bylaw 13.02.14..
I don't know how they are going to police it but why would anyone other than friends, reporters/writers, and schools tweet those kids?

NCAA bylaws only allow an institution's coaches and authorized staff to contact prospective student-athletes; those who are prohibited from contacting recruits include boosters, season-ticket holders, students, alumni and, yes, even average fans.
“Fans cannot contact a recruit and attempt to entice them to attend a certain school, as this is a violation of NCAA rules,” said NCAA spokeswoman Kayci Woodley.
“If a school comes across an instance of this happening, it is expected they would reach out to those athletics personnel, fans and boosters and reinforce the ground rules related to communicating with recruits. This communication outreach would most likely be reported to the NCAA, which would show the school is doing their due diligence to abide by the NCAA rules.”

Key words there are "fans can't contact recruits and attempt to entice them to attend a certain school." Why exactly would the ncaa attempt to penalize UM for a fan attempting to steer a recruit AWAY from UM?

If you guys want to ban guys for doing stuff off this site that you don't agree with, then you should just do that. But to attempt to cloak the banning as protecting UM against the ncaa is insulting to those of normal intelligence.

BINGO!!

And why would NCAA care if some fan tried to dissuade a recruit from coming to his supported school?? I can understand if it was the reverse, though it would be almost impossible to monitor it unless it was a criminal investigation or so..,,

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just for clarity:

Not sure what you're talking about we banned the person that was responsible for pizzagate..

It's not an indictment on the moderators. But kudos to you for trying to Police a fickle mob instead of manage it. This uprising is useless.

It's only a matter of time before y'all ban whatthehell

Someone has some splanin' to do. Cause this seems like logic to me.

Advertisement
Back