Don't Overreact. Chill. We're on Schedule

Advertisement
I remember getting called a mope last week for telling fans not to set themselves up for heartbreak. Yet, some of you were still calling for big wins and now you’re talking about firing coaches

steve brule GIF
This gif always cracks me up but what movie is this from? I want to watch it. Lol

Advertisement
Same **** we've heard for years. We looked no different. I've seen this **** for too long to just have blind faith in this program. I'll believe we have turned the corner when I see it.

Miami's commitment to mediocrity is institutionalized in the BOT.

Proof: Manuela as HC

Advertisement
Everyone is over reacting if we didn’t commit early penalties on 4th down and a 3rd that’s 2 TDS off the board. Now the offense still needs work but we all knew our WRs aren’t great but no reason to throw in the season lol
Agreed, but a lot of ifs. The team is still not disciplined. Fifteen penalties. They were stupid penalties. So many false starts and offsides.

Looking at the glass half full, we could have held Clemson to 24 points without the penalties on the first two Clemson drives and we had any offensive. Our defense played hard. They played a ton of snaps and the game could have gotten away into the 60's or 70's. They ran a ton of plays and shut our offense down.

I think if we got to the ACC Championship game, the game would be much closer with a better offensive scheme. I thought Lashlee was trash in this game. He had no answer for Venables. I was most disappointed that he kept calling the same running plays that weren't working. He needs a better scheme against Clemson. The good news is they have film to figure out what Clemson did to them.

Time to move on to Pitt and get a W.

Most of us wanted Miami to be COMPETITIVE. Most of us wanted to see Miami play a relatively clean game, and if they lost to an obviously more talented team, then so be it. Note that in my previous statements, I didn't mention the word WIN. I had pathetically low expectations for this game, and they still managed to disappoint.

A COMPETENT, WELL COACHED Miami team is competitive tonight. You get a team that eliminates the presnap penalties, stupid drops and that stuff, and you are probably within striking distance entering the 4th quarter. Miami couldn't even do that. You can't be less talented AND outcoached. That is just flat out unacceptable. Lashlee showed that he is enamored more with his system than with winning. You can't tell me that Mallory and Jordan shouldn't be featured more. You can't tell me that spreading out with Mallory, Jordan and 2-3 receivers wouldn't have forced Clemson to stop loading the box, which may have given King some time and maybe allowed him to create more with his feet....

I watched other teams play today and I saw teams with zero talent like Arkansas play their asses off, despite being undermanned. I saw teams that got the most out of the talent they did have. If Miami did that, they could have been in this game. They probably wouldn't have won, but they could have at least made it look respectable. Instead, we get this garbage. Let's see whether Miami rebounds or does what they've done for the better part of the last 20 years which is go into a death spiral.

Agreed, but a lot of ifs. The team is still not disciplined. Fifteen penalties. They were stupid penalties. So many false starts and offsides.

Looking at the glass half full, we could have held Clemson to 24 points without the penalties on the first two Clemson drives and we had any offensive. Our defense played hard. They played a ton of snaps and the game could have gotten away into the 60's or 70's. They ran a ton of plays and shut our offense down.

I think if we got to the ACC Championship game, the game would be much closer with a better offensive scheme. I thought Lashlee was trash in this game. He had no answer for Venables. I was most disappointed that he kept calling the same running plays that weren't working. He needs a better scheme against Clemson. The good news is they have film to figure out what Clemson did to them.

Time to move on to Pitt and get a W.
I agree everyone literally is screaming to blow it up lol. Like why I was encouraged with the defense. Offense needs work but the season is far from over who’s to say we don’t win out and play them again with a shot at the playoff

I agree everyone literally is screaming to blow it up lol. Like why I was encouraged with the defense. Offense needs work but the season is far from over who’s to say we don’t win out and play them again with a shot at the playoff
Yes. The defense played hard. The only real bad plays were our LBs and Roche against Etienne. Roche did not set the edge on the run game. He hasn't all season and Clemson game planned for it. Etienne was probably 60%-70% of their offense especially on 3rd down. Our D played a ton of snaps. They could have gotten off the field on the 1st few drives if not for the penalties. With our offense doing nothing, we got worn down on defense, but they kept playing hard. The secondary played pretty well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back