Don't have a subscription, but just saw this....potential hire?

He did a good job as Miss State’s DC in 2018, they had the #1 ranked scoring Defense & #3 ranked total Defense.

Idk if he’s coming in as DC or as an analyst but he’d be a very good addition to the staff.

We need as much wisdom, experience & new pair of eyes to eval this Defense as much as possible.

Anybody who’s not a Diaz disciple coming here to help the Defense in any capacity is a net positive.
For clarification El, let me add that I’m not surprised in the least that you identified Shoop 2 years ago.

Advertisement
I know several people from Tennessee that talk highly of him. Have a friend that was an analyst at the time. Very smart guy, runs a similar scheme to manny (4-2-5) and aggressive.

His downfall at Tennessee was Butch Jones recruiting off of rivals rankings and not making actual evaluations. He was dominant at Miss State and very good at Penn State and Vandy (taking the Vanderbilt situation into account)

I know several people from Tennessee that talk highly of him. Have a friend that was an analyst at the time. Very smart guy, runs a similar scheme to manny (4-2-5) and aggressive.

His downfall at Tennessee was Butch Jones recruiting off of rivals rankings and not making actual evaluations. He was dominant at Miss State and very good at Penn State and Vandy (taking the Vanderbilt situation into account)
I like that word.

For clarification El, let me add that I’m not surprised in the least that you identified Shoop 2 years ago.
C1F19E7B-EC19-4F58-9B0D-C700DCA82A14.gif

Advertisement
I bet Manny calls the defense. Shoop works with him during the week as an “analyst” to game plan, etc. Travis Williams is hired to coach the LB’s. Just a prediction.
Would be perfect if it works out that way.
I want TWill at the U

Advertisement
Exactly. We aren't hiring a failed safeties coach to be DC. It's very likely an analyst/admin type hire.
You don’t know what you are talking about. He’s had more success as a DC than Manny.. Fact. Him and Jimmy boy didn’t get along.

Advertisement
He did a good job as Miss State’s DC in 2018, they had the #1 ranked scoring Defense & #3 ranked total Defense.

Idk if he’s coming in as DC or as an analyst but he’d be a very good addition to the staff.

We need as much wisdom, experience & new pair of eyes to eval this Defense as much as possible.

Anybody who’s not a Diaz disciple coming here to help the Defense in any capacity is a net positive.
Eaxactly. The defense meeting room needs gray hairs and Shoop fits the bill. So whatever capacity suits him is the right one.

Advertisement
He's a DB coach when he isn't in the DC role so unless he's the DC I don't see a place for him. Never been a LB coach. But has been a DC at Penn State, Vanderbilt, Miss State( didn't coach with Manny) and Tennessee.
He is not anything to get excited about from what I have seen

He's a DB coach when he isn't in the DC role so unless he's the DC I don't see a place for him. Never been a LB coach. But has been a DC at Penn State, Vanderbilt, Miss State( didn't coach with Manny) and Tennessee.
Man I swear a lot of yah know nothing about football, lmao...when you’re a coordinator or HC you’re in that position because you know a whole lot to include the ins and outs of all positions (how u gonna call plays on defense and not know the intricacies of all defensive positions? lmao)...just bcs he’s never had an official title of LBs coach does not mean he can’t coach the position, SMFH

Advertisement
Back