Don't forget the QUITTERS....

Some kind of a rule change is going to have to change about this sitting out thing.

Its eventually going to get so out of hand that basically bowl games aren't going to mean anything anymore.

Advertisement
I don’t think you understood my point. OP states:

“You can't emphasize enough the gut-punch to a still young team to see starters sit out their final game”

I say that’s bullshlt. The guys there yesterday weren’t gut punched... they were either thrilled to be getting a shot at more burn or completely Ok with a teammate not wanting to get hurt prior to the draft. Nobody was curled up crying because 3 dudes decided not to play.

To your point tho... Draft eligible guys sitting out a meaningless bowl game isn’t exactly a UM problem. It’s a college football problem, if it’s even a problem at all. Point being that it’s the norm today.
There’s also the problem of too many useless bowl games now. No team with over 3 losses should be in a **** bowl game. Having crap .500 teams like our shytshow this year need to stay home. They’ve earned nothing and such games are boring as ****.

There’s also the problem of too many useless bowl games now. No team with over 3 losses should be in a **** bowl game. Having crap .500 teams like our shytshow this year need to stay home. They’ve earned nothing and such games are boring as ****.
The school makes money from the game, so there’s that. But yea.. bowl games are now just participation trophies.

Advertisement
Ed Reed is on record saying he was begging for another year of eligibility, despite being an absolute superstar.

Meanwhile we have Juniors sitting out the Bowl game to 'get ready for the Draft'.

Don't tell me it's not about culture and it's not a glaring problem.
the only Sr who sat was Pinckney..and hes been nicked and got hurt vs Duke..other than that this sitting out **** is the new norm for guys leaving early. It’s not exclusive to us.

You can't emphasize enough the gut-punch to a still young team to see starters sit out their final game...

Their statement to the team is "it's about me and not about my team..."

Shaq was the ONE guy who stood in there and kept trying to rally the troops in the last quarter... Never forget that guy's heart....

But also never forget how the hoard of quitters who told their team mates their ain't worth it...."you guys are on your own... we gonna hang on South Beach..."

THAT'S THE CULTURE we need to get rid of on this team.

If we being real it was some kids that quit that were on the field in shrevport. This team was mostly checked out

You can't emphasize enough the gut-punch to a still young team to see starters sit out their final game...

Shaq was the ONE guy who stood in there and kept trying to rally the troops in the last quarter... Never forget that guy's heart....

But also never forget how the hoard of quitters who told their team mates their ain't worth it...."you guys are on your own... we gonna hang on South Beach..."

And Manny was dealing with these losers and PLACED MOST OF THE BLAME CORRECTLY on where it was to go on the PLAYERS.

Can we give our coach at least a TIDBIT of SUPPORT here on CIS ?

Advertisement
Crazy thing is someone like Bandy will go run a 4.6 in the 40. So you will be like “what training did you do?”
I remember the days when guys would work so hard before the draft and you’d actually see canes test well. To add to 2-3 years of legit playmaker film. What film do you suppose they will use? Freshman year stuff? Does Garvin even have draft worthy film? Wait a minute? Are they both going to be UDFAs?

Crazy thing is someone like Bandy will go run a 4.6 in the 40. So you will be like “what training did you do?”
I remember the days when guys would work so hard before the draft and you’d actually see canes test well. To add to 2-3 years of legit playmaker film. What film do you suppose they will use? Freshman year stuff? Does Garvin even have draft worthy film? Wait a minute? Are they both going to be UDFAs?

Garvin and Bandy both peaked in the '17 ND game.

Ed Reed is on record saying he was begging for another year of eligibility, despite being an absolute superstar.

Meanwhile we have Juniors sitting out the Bowl game to 'get ready for the Draft'.

Don't tell me it's not about culture and it's not a glaring problem.
Ed was a 5th yr Sr in 01....Why would he have begged for another yr of eligibility?

Advertisement
JR's

JT4 2-4 due to speed
Garvin 4th, wasn't that productive this year, was outshined by Rousseau
Bandy 5- 6 too short
DJ 3rd -4th

SR's

Pickney 2-3
Shaq 2nd
#99 UDFA
Finley 5-7
Knowles UDFA

SMDH... they don't learn huh

Some kind of a rule change is going to have to change about this sitting out thing.

Its eventually going to get so out of hand that basically bowl games aren't going to mean anything anymore.
They don't mean anything now. And there will never be a rule "forcing" you to play. **** they can't stop players faking injuries to stop a game. Get real

JR's

JT4 2-4 due to speed
Bandy 5- 6 too short
DJ 3rd -4th

SR's

Pickney 2-3
Shaq 2nd
#99 UDFA
Finley 5-7
Knowles UDFA

lol JT at what now? hes not getting drafted.

Advertisement
JR's

JT4 2-4 due to speed
Bandy 5- 6 too short
DJ 3rd -4th

SR's

Pickney 2-3
Shaq 2nd
#99 UDFA
Finley 5-7
Knowles UDFA

Another expert CIS draft evaluation. None of these guys will attain your lofty expectations, guy. Sorry to burst your bubble.

This is happening at other programs as well .kids today are soft and are probably afraid they'd have to actually find a real job.

Why play in a meaningless bowl game with the possibility of getting hurt? Time to think of your future.

Advertisement
Back