Don't forget the QUITTERS....

Liquidstoke

Banned
Banned
You can't emphasize enough the gut-punch to a still young team to see starters sit out their final game...

Their statement to the team is "it's about me and not about my team..."

Shaq was the ONE guy who stood in there and kept trying to rally the troops in the last quarter... Never forget that guy's heart....

But also never forget how the hoard of quitters who told their team mates their ain't worth it...."you guys are on your own... we gonna hang on South Beach..."

THAT'S THE CULTURE we need to get rid of on this team.

Advertisement
This "culture" or whatever we want to call it has been an issue since 2004. I have no idea how to fix it. The one common theme that I see across every coaching staph is a lack of CONSISTENT accountability, CREATIVITY, and we all know about recruiting.

I firmly believe UM has still had more than enough talent to be successful over the last 15 years but we have had HC after HC that lacked consistent accountability (towards players AND coaches) and creativity.

Yea I don’t think anybody’s losing sleep because a senior decided to nope outta here.

i dont blame seniors for sitting out the bowl esp a meaningless one, but i am **** proud of Shaq. he truly represents what it means to be a cane. came in 4 years ago with nothing but class and left the same way. he will be remembered. in the same sense, props to KJ for also playing in that game and giving it his all.

guys like Bandy, Garvin, etc. sitting out -- come the bleep on. neither have shown enough to be a draft pick aside from late late rounds and one last good performance on national tv can do nothing but help.

Advertisement
Yea I don’t think anybody’s losing sleep because a senior decided to nope outta here.
Ed Reed is on record saying he was begging for another year of eligibility, despite being an absolute superstar.

Meanwhile we have Juniors sitting out the Bowl game to 'get ready for the Draft'.

Don't tell me it's not about culture and it's not a glaring problem.

Ed Reed is on record saying he was begging for another year of eligibility, despite being an absolute superstar.

Meanwhile we have Juniors sitting out the Bowl game to 'get ready for the Draft'.

esp considering every draft eligible junior seems to find a way to declare no matter the staff here.

Advertisement
Yea, I don’t have a problem with seniors sitting out a low tier bowl game. Nothing to gain and possible money to lose. Heck if they get a contract making a couple hundred grand a year, dude that is life changing for poor people, like me.

What I have a problem with is the people that are playing getting their *** whipped by less talented players, or maybe just maybe our players just are not that good and they need to look in the mirror. I don’t like Enos as a OC and I am **** glad he is gone, but the only player on Offense I saw really play hard is Pope and Tate. IMO only

Agree w/ OP.

The guys sitting out are not projected top 10 players ( Boas. Mcaffrey ,etc) . We are talking about second round to 7th rounders . These are overrated players who probably could have used the exposure but chose to dog it. Pinkney especially was disappointing to me to sit out.

Hill- 5th round, maybe?
Garvin- 2-3rd
Thomas- 6th
Pinkney- 4rth.

Honestly, other than Garvin the above could end up not being drafted. Thomas is a head case, Hill is a head case, Pink is an average CFB LB who sat out his last game.

Advertisement

I don’t think you understood my point. OP states:

“You can't emphasize enough the gut-punch to a still young team to see starters sit out their final game”

I say that’s bullshlt. The guys there yesterday weren’t gut punched... they were either thrilled to be getting a shot at more burn or completely Ok with a teammate not wanting to get hurt prior to the draft. Nobody was curled up crying because 3 dudes decided not to play.

To your point tho... Draft eligible guys sitting out a meaningless bowl game isn’t exactly a UM problem. It’s a college football problem, if it’s even a problem at all. Point being that it’s the norm today.

Agree w/ OP.

The guys sitting out are not projected top 10 players ( Boas. Mcaffrey ,etc) . We are talking about second round to 7th rounders . These are overrated players who probably could have used the exposure but chose to dog it. Pinkney especially was disappointing to me to sit out.

Hill- 5th round, maybe?
Garvin- 2-3rd
Thomas- 6th
Pinkney- 4rth.

Honestly, other than Garvin the above could end up not being drafted. Thomas is a head case, Hill is a head case, Pink is an average CFB LB who sat out his last game.
No way Garvin goes in the first 4 rounds

Advertisement
None of these Juniors who sat or are leaving early are going anywhere higher than 5th round, IF they’re even drafted. None are top talent but could’ve used a bowl game to showcase their talent; or in this case lack there of.

i dont blame seniors for sitting out the bowl esp a meaningless one, but i am **** proud of Shaq. he truly represents what it means to be a cane. came in 4 years ago with nothing but class and left the same way. he will be remembered. in the same sense, props to KJ for also playing in that game and giving it his all.

guys like Bandy, Garvin, etc. sitting out -- come the bleep on. neither have shown enough to be a draft pick aside from late late rounds and one last good performance on national tv can do nothing but help.

bandy didn’t sit out.

everything you need to know about the culture of team was in J.Williams interview with Don bailey
" we just went thru the motions" no leadership anywhere in this entire program President/BOT/AD/Cmd
sad, man sad

Advertisement
Back