Don't be Fooled

The Offense was overshadowed by the Defense problems but they were just as bad.

I'm not defending no one. I'm just putting facts out.

Kayaa is doing great yardage wise. He still had 2 INT n a Fumble we got back. 1 INT got neggated should have been 3. Our turnover Margin is killing us.

I don't care if Kayaa is a true Freshman. He won the job. NFL coaches don't get slack for starting Rookie QBs they get fired. It simple he needs to throw away the ball and stop thinking we have an all pro line. They protected better but gotta have a clock in your head.

We also don't force any turnovers and we turnover the ball alot. We are probably -3 in turnover margin. Ask any coach you can't win like that.

Yes the defense played atrocious but so did Nebraska's. But guess what they turned over the ball less and won the game. both gave up over 400 yards of offense

We were still 4-10 on 3rd down conversion (which I think has been swept under the rug). 40% 2-3 on 4th down(which we should never have to attempt 3 4th downs . Nebraska's 7-10 70%. 0-0 on 4th Down.

Def not stopping anybody def cost us the game but we still gave Neb too many opportunities to win it by turning over the ball in the red zone

So it's the Same problem. We can't convert on 3rd down and we can't stop Anybody on 3rd down which is the "Money Downs" we pretty much played the same exact game as Louisville.

Golden needs to fire both Coordinators or he needs to go. Something has to change. Golden is losing this team. Herb is one of best recievers barely played, Stacy Coley is non existent. Two playmakers from last year are completely gone.Tracy Howard is ****ed he can't be himself.

What killed me the most is when Armstrong went the line and audible the play.I watch the defense closely. No Signals in the secondary or Lbs. Dline did not move. there was 0 Communications between the players. Idk what is going on but this is not my Hurricanes Football. I talked **** because they could back it up about and loved. I was up all last because of this ****.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The offense wasn't perfect, but 400+ yards and 31 points on the road should be enough.
It should be but when you turn the ball over it's hard to win. Washington st had 499 yds. Oregon has 501 yards of offense. Oregon won 38-31. Why? Washington St has 2 fumbles lost Oregon 0. Washington St has -2 turnover margin and that's why they lost. It's that simple

Neither is perfect but the biggest difference between the offense and the defense right now is that the offense is improving while the defense remains the same.

Advertisement
C'mon, the offense did enough to win. I thought the passes and routes were good.

Sorry I'm not going to rag on the O. Yes Kaaya is True frosh and he will have growing pains. We should have been 60% on 3rd downs as well. 2 drops. One on Clive I think another on Berrious that hit them both in the hands.

I at least see improvement from the O. I still hate those **** stretch running plays.

Advertisement

Kayaa is doing great yardage wise. He still had 2 INT n a Fumble we got back. 1 INT got neggated should have been 3. Our turnover Margin is killing us.

I don't care if Kayaa is a true Freshman. He won the job. NFL coaches don't get slack for starting Rookie QBs they get fired. It simple he needs to throw away the ball and stop thinking we have an all pro line. They protected better but gotta have a clock in your head.

We also don't force any turnovers and we turnover the ball alot. We are probably -3 in turnover margin. Ask any coach you can't win like that.

Yes the defense played atrocious but so did Nebraska's. But guess what they turned over the ball less and won the game. both gave up over 400 yards of offense

We were still 4-10 on 3rd down conversion (which I think has been swept under the rug). 40% 2-3 on 4th down(which we should never have to attempt 3 4th downs . Nebraska's 7-10 70%. 0-0 on 4th Down.

Def not stopping anybody def cost us the game but we still gave Neb too many opportunities to win it by turning over the ball in the red zone

So it's the Same problem. We can't convert on 3rd down and we can't stop Anybody on 3rd down which is the "Money Downs" we pretty much played the same exact game as Louisville.

Golden needs to fire both Coordinators or he needs to go. Something has to change. Golden is losing this team. Herb is one of best recievers barely played, Stacy Coley is non existent. Two playmakers from last year are completely gone.Tracy Howard is ****ed he can't be himself.

What killed me the most is when Armstrong went the line and audible the play.I watch the defense closely. No Signals in the secondary or Lbs. Dline did not move. there was 0 Communications between the players. Idk what is going on but this is not my Hurricanes Football. I talked **** because they could back it up about and loved. I was up all last because of this ****.
actually nfl coaches do get slack sometimes for starting rookie qbs. and you can't compare a true frosh didn't even early enroll qb to a nfl qb. that's plain stupid. kaaya is possibly the best qb i've seen with his amount of college experience. now i agree herb should be playing a whole lot more, especially bc kaaya seems to have good chemistry with him. and we did call way too many bubble screens. also would like to stacey coley thrown the ball down field but i can't complain about our offense's performance. **** our oline stepped up in a major way and #4 de from nebraska was bottled up for most of the night.

Nah. Sure there were some bad mistakes and clock management still sucks, but Coley actually called an aggressive game. I may be slitting my wrists this morning, but not over what happened on the offensive side.

Advertisement
Kayaa was frustrated alot and I knew it was due to Coley but he tends to force things that are not there. Don't get me wrong Kayaa is a great QB. I loved his confidence. he just need a better OC. And take care of the ball. 3-5 seconds and ball needs to be gone.

31 points on the road in the pit, with no defense? I'll take it. They have actually shown improvement and ability to exploit weaknesses. They will get better. The defense is and always was the problem.

Misguided frustration
I frustrated with it all. Sloppy playing on offense and Soft, non tackling mentality on defense.

Preaching to the choir. I have never been this disgusted, not even during the OB Massacre. What we are watching is an insult.

I'm not absolving Kaaya of anything, but if we want to be real, this had to be expected. He panics when under pressure and throws a lot of bad balls. It's what most every QB does really, college to the pros. He came out last night and showed a lot of command and poise, which are things you can't just teach guys. The other stuff will get cleaned up so I guess that's why he isn't getting the heat.

**** what this ******* is doing to my defense man, it's a god**** insult.

Advertisement
Sorry I'm not going to rag on the O. Yes Kaaya is True frosh and he will have growing pains. We should have been 60% on 3rd downs as well. 2 drops. One on Clive I think another on Berrious that hit them both in the hands.

I at least see improvement from the O. I still hate those **** stretch running plays.

You have a good point. 2 critical drops hurt us bad. Stretch plays are about a pro offense. Kayaa looks uncomfortable running them and oline can't block to get any holes. Nebraska did The same thing all night. Perfect hook blocking all night. Edge open all night. Duke had no room. We had no problem running it last year.

Sorry but I can separate the O from the D ,neither step up when the game are on the line..
WEATHER IT A MISS TACKLES HERE OR A FUMBLE FOR A TD ....

Both unit are error-prone when the game is on the line period.

Advertisement
Back