D'Onofrio making changes?

Talk is cheap! Seen enough to know Donut shouldn't be a DC. Slightly called out Golden when the article said re the safeties playing too deep: "GT game shows otherwise". If your son rides the short bus as a kid he isn't miraculously going to be Math Club president in HS. Same case with Golden and Donut, These guys just aren't any good!

Advertisement
I'm sure we will be really aggressive for the first 2.5 games. We will look so good against FAU and Bethune that everyone will be all "See look how good we are now! Look how smart our corches are now!"

Then, as soon as Nebraska reels off a 40+ yard screen pass it will be right back to ****** ball.

Last edited:
In UM’s case, defensive end Ufomba Kamalu said D’Onofrio made some tweaks to create “more of an aggressive defense” and that the defensive ends are being “asked to get in the backfield sooner”

Sooner? How about at all? The Golden/NoD philosophy was that the backfield was the shadowy place and they must never go there.

CIS has cornered the market on malcontents and mopes. If you can't see the progress we've made you just don't want to see it. Hop on the bandwagon, friends!

It starts with their moderators. They're the worst.

BTW - One change that I think will help coach D'Onofrio the most would be to throw away all of those solid shirts and go to all vertical striped clothing.

CIS has cornered the market on malcontents and mopes. If you can't see the progress we've made you just don't want to see it. Hop on the bandwagon, friends!

Agreed. Bring bomb back and let him moderate. He is not only knowledgeable about football and UM football, but he was also very even handed.

Advertisement
"D’Onofrio has said in the past that perceptions of his defensive approach aren’t necessarily true, that UM plays more man defense with its cornerbacks than many perceive. Two players privately have said they wish D'Onofrio played more man defense."

His own players don't believe him. That's all you need to know.

Golden has said publicly several times this offseason that there will be changes in UM's approach. Coconut Creek receiver Binjimen Victor told Canesport.com recently that "they are going to change the way they do things,... but didn't say how."

jedi-mind-tricks-for-diet.jpg

Advertisement
Always easy to say changes are coming until game time and then you panic and go back to being a conservative little ***. Saw it last year will see it happen again this year.

@ NVA CANE: they said the same thing last year, that they were going to switch up their formation to a 4-3 defense with a little one gap formation in their 3-4. Golden even went as far to say that "they have the guys" to do so...he was gushing over all of the "quality depth" that he had AT EVERY POSITION. When the season came around, he blamed players, and went right back to that read-react bull, blaming it on the DL being young and some being inexperienced by not being able to participate in spring ball or new to the system. Spare me with these "fluff changes" that are coming about.

"D’Onofrio has said in the past that perceptions of his defensive approach aren’t necessarily true, that UM plays more man defense with its cornerbacks than many perceive. Two players privately have said they wish D'Onofrio played more man defense."

His own players don't believe him. That's all you need to know.

man, let's just close this thread already. nothing to see here...same bull, just a different sub-plot.

Advertisement

Agreed. Bring bomb back and let him moderate. He is not only knowledgeable about football and UM football, but he was also very even handed.

I would absolutely love to see that, if for no other reason than to read Gables endless crying on the WEZ. Man that would be an epic meltdown over there. LMAO.

It's not hard to believe at all. When your job is on the line coaches will switch up.

Muschamp last year went to a spread offense after years of trying to ground and pound.

They said golden has been pushing the staff to visit more nfl teams to get new ideas.

They was never trying that the first 4 years.

Advertisement
The guy's an idiot. It took him 4 years to realize what kind of athletes UM has/can recruit? It took him 4 years to realize the UM defense is offensive? He's a dope.

I think they are dedicated to change people said they ignored FL in recruiting they stayed home now I think they will 1-gap pressure pressure will force change

I think they are dedicated to change people said they ignored FL in recruiting they stayed home now I think they will 1-gap pressure pressure will force change

Yep changed recruiting philosophy and I'm all for it. All of our commits are from Florida with most of them being from south Florida. And have two absolute studs from Jacksonville

Advertisement
Back