Donnie Thompson strength seminar!!

Anonymous274945958675743

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
I'm not sure this means much to a lot of you guys but Donnie Thompson is an absolute beast! He's one of the foremost power lifters in the entire industry. I recall a few years back he went to Clemson and FSU just before both those teams began to put it all together. I'm sure he will meet with the football team in addition to this seminar open to the public also. He works with a lot of OLinemen to teach them how to use their body. Even was in the movie the Program as one of the OL. Anyways just thought I'd put this out there. I'm hopeful he talks to the entire team!

Advertisement
IMG_1268.jpg

Does he tie in accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior in between feats of strength? I used to like those guys. I do suspect those cinder blocks were slightly compromised prior to being smashed with a single blow though.

Jokes aside, this is good stuff. We pay attention a lot to the skill position athletes that have an interest in track but there are a ton of o-linemen that are big into power lifting. I had a conversation with Bibla once where he said he almost went to freakin' Pitt because he loved their power lifting program.

In 1993 former UM strength coach Brad Roll was hired by the Tampa Bay Bucs when their SC was killed in a car accident. The first thing Brad did was get rid of all the Hammer Strength equipment and bring in free weights and olympic bumper plates.

Advertisement
I've got some friends going to it. The Saturday lineup is fantastic. I'd be going myself, but I'm out of town this weekend.

In 1993 former UM strength coach Brad Roll was hired by the Tampa Bay Bucs when their SC was killed in a car accident. The first thing Brad did was get rid of all the Hammer Strength equipment and bring in free weights and olympic bumper plates.

Oh I hate most of the hammer strength equipment myself. When I heard we were gettin new strength equipment I was hopeful it would be sorinex or Rogue but we got hammer strength instead. Seems like there's mostly Oly Racks so that's something. But I hate to think of guys using a lot of the machines Hammer Stregth makes.

Coach Roll was one of our assistants for a year before the new staff came in. Great guy who's very knowledgeable about the profession. Also very funny, he always told me he was going to get a horse for the Kentucky Derby and have me be his jockey.

Advertisement
When Brad got the Bucs job he invited me over to visit the Bucs facility. It literally looked like a weight room at the YMCA.

Advertisement
Back