Donna Shalala

Julio Frenk is a liberal too... and Mexican.

Some of you on this board sometimes heh

<3 the new Prez

Advertisement
Why do some people find a way to bring their irrational, moronic political and religious views into everything? Donna was terrible, yes, but last time I checked Frenk was liberal too? No?

How can you not bring politics into a discussion on Shalala? Everything with her was political. SHE brought it into everything she did at Miami. We didn't ask for it.

Can't ignore her political affiliation and liberal lunacy - and that's her fault.

indeed.

she was the one who injected her own liberal agenda into everything Miami did. She was a SEASONED, true snake oil salesman of a politician...always selling us a load of **** regarding athletics when the situation was the opposite.

It was because of her Miami lost the Orange Bowl. and her fault we hired such awful coaches...because she unnecessarily had a hand in everything.

GTFOOH with your liberal ****. I'm freakin' liberal and love the Hurricanes. Her political affiliations have literally nothing to do with the damage she did to the University. I can guarantee Frenk isn't a conservative either.

She was corrupt to the core, no doubt about it. Absolutely responsible for Nevin Shapiro and threw the student athletes and Randy Shannon under the bus to save her own ***. She was courting Ponzi schemers on the academic side as well. She tried to increase revenue outside of the actual game every step of the way. Moving to the ACC, SLS, Adidas were all parts of that.

I think Frenk sees it another way. Frenk sees the Football team as a marketing tool which it is. However, we're so embarrassing, it makes the school look like a joke. That's why we are making the move that we're making.

Two liberals, two different thought processes. So cut the politics crap out of this.

LOL I still laugh at UM honks that think Shalala’s liberal mindset has nothing to do with her awful decision making. She's been a phucking embarrassment for UM. If you don't know the financial woes of UM and the poor investments that Donna has forced down people’s throats which are costing UM Millions a year…well....You can look them up yourself. Her handling of the Jackson Memorial relationship in conjunction with UM's desire to build its own medical system has been a disaster. It has put the entire medical program at UM in risk of going into a tailspin. Some at Jackson don't feel like that relationship can be fixed. That medical program is the pride of UM and she raised the whole program’s risk profile both financially and politically. Google it. There are well documented in pieces by the Miami Herald like this one:

UM med school?s big ambitions led to big layoffs | Miami Herald

Donna has been involved with a number of huge scandals at UM including the whole medical school fiasco, the strained relationship with Jackson Memorial, the entire Shapiro scandal was a result of her poor leadership and failure to invest into the AD. Donna is a typical ultra lib Dem.....she has no ****ing clue what to do with $$$$ and that was a major problem for a private University. Add on to the fact that she was also a phucking coward that denied all accountability for her horrible decisions

When Donna was/is questioned in DETAIL about all of those things she dodged everything and passed off the blame. She said some of the DUMBEST SCHITT YOU'VE EVER HEARD regarding investments. Her handling of the FIU fiasco (again, that's just sports) was embarrassing. I'll never forget how she humiliated herself and the University on the MIke and Mike show and how they shredded her to pieces that day. A private University has to be run like a business, not like a phucking liberal welfare money give away system.

Shalala was WORSE than Foote and, SPORTS-WISE, she was the worst thing UM has had happen in 30 years. She sunk nearly EVERYTHING about UM Athletics into the toilet. All of the programs have tanked and UM has had horrific hires in almost all sports during her tenure. Shalala was given an option and publicly stated it was her fiduciary responsibility and idea not to renovate the Orange Bowl for 6 home games a year and made up all kinds of lies to sell the public on Sun Life Stadium. You don't have to sacrifice academics. You can work to grow both with equal passion and commitment. UCF has added a medical school during the same time they exploded their athletics dept. Sure, it's not on the level of other schools academically, but they've worked to raise BOTH at the same time.....with equal commitment.

I’m glad that ***** is gone. ***** her forever.

BTW, I’m a registered independent.

Dude, maybe she's just a dumb **** with money. I know some conservatives who are pretty stupid with money as well. Frenk's a liberal too. What do you have to say about him???

But.... she created "The Harvard of The South"!

Last time I looked, we had fallen in academic status behind Hogtown U AGAIN. So whatever she did for the school didn't work. We were well on our way to being a legitimate top 30 school......and then the med school mess started and our rankings tanked again. (Welcome back, SunTan U!)

Hope Frenk can turn this mess around. He seems to be a competent university president who will make us better.....in every way.

I HATE being behind the damned Ratlizzurds in ANYTHING!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was kicked off Canesport in 2010 simply bc my handle there was "ShalalaKilledTheU" and was deemed a troll.

It was obvious. I met her once at a University event in 2006 and light-heartedly said "well I love everything you've done, now let's get the football back and winning!" and her face was of pure disgust.

Where did this myth that we could have had Patterson start?

Gary Patterson was going to interview for the UM job the weekend after the hired Shannon.
Maybe it doesn't materialize into him taking the job but at LEAST UM should have followed through with the interview.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back