Donna Dangles: We Skate

Can we get a brief summary of what this all means in regarding to the case moving forward and how you believe it will affect Miami's investigation?

Thanks a ton.

Advertisement
Page 21:
We learned that the NCAA had expended
approximately $8,200 to fund communications with Mr. Shapiro, including transfers of
approximately $4,500 to his prison commissary account from which he pays for
communications expenses.

The sad part is that is more than all of the alleged benefits to our players.

Advertisement
A Burner Phone?..... GTFO... These ******* were just as dirty as Shapiro was if they were going to these lengths..

The lack of Ethics the NCAA used is insurmountable... If this case ever went to count and THEY were found unethical... the NCAA would be destroyed and done for good.

JC

If the NCAA has brain one it will settle this thing.

The media now has a story much bigger than "college booster cheats in recruitment"

It has: "ethics enforcement arm of NCAA cheats to prove college booster cheated"

The press won't let this one get away, (plus its just the last installment of a coast-to-coast series of F'ups, by the NCAA!)

A COI will bring on the chinese water torture (damaging leak about the NCAA after damaging leak, repeated story after repeated story) death by a thousand cuts, all performed, in public by the press that above all hates hypocrites.

Loose cannons in MEP and Shapiro! And, who knows who can pay Nevin to say what? what's the bigger story? where can he get more money?

If the NCAA has brain one they reach an agreement with the U, chase some coaches and quickly find something else to do.

Hey Julie, what's the name of the Bankruptcy judge in NJ? I bet you're gonna find out.

I'm with you!

Anyone else think we may get time served for postseason bans, but will get crippling scholly reductions? I just don't see the NCAA backing off.

BTW, think they will hammer us before the NCAA hoops tourney? Post season ban would really stick it to us.

Advertisement
Anyone else think we may get time served for postseason bans, but will get crippling scholly reductions? I just don't see the NCAA backing off.

BTW, think they will hammer us before the NCAA hoops tourney? Post season ban would really stick it to us.

No chance. Minimal scholies and that's it.

Miami could appeal and the post season ban in basketball and it will be delayed. Also the NCAA has given schools some leverage in applying the post season ban. When UNLV went undefeated during the 1991 regular season after winning the NC the year before they given a one year post season ban. The NCAA agreed to let them play in the 91 tournament and take the ban in 92 even though the punishment was given before the tournament started.

The lost in the final four to Duke one game before the title game.

Last edited:
The NCAA has bigger fish to fry then Miami

1. The Public Perception (laugh laugh laugh) and

2. Paid insufficient attention to the concern that engaging the criminal defense attorney could constitute an inappropriate manipulation of the bankruptcy process.

The NCAA could be in a lot of trouble for this bold part above. They opened themselves to lawsuits from the bankruptcy creditors and the estate itself. Elena for less than 15K was willing to lose her license, wow she either sucks at law (because she couldn't make that type of money) or had no idea she was doing wrong.

Here are my 2 cents...

I am stepping away from my EXTREME MIAMI BIAS for one second. The NCAA, in order to bury Miami, was willing to do all these terrible things (too long to list) to find some truth on roughly $15,000.00 (includes the BS DQJ allegation) worth of improper benefits for some football and basketball players. What were they thinking? They got in bed with a lying, defrauding criminal ponzi-scheme artist to bring down Miami. They spent more to aid their investigation then the alleged improper benefits too. This is incredibly unintelligent. For an organization that is in shambles and lacks any public support...this move makes no sense. They had easy cases in front of them to show discipline (OSU, UCF and UNC) and they choose this one to make an example.

Last edited:
Advertisement
2. Paid insufficient attention to the concern that engaging the criminal defense attorney could constitute an inappropriate manipulation of the bankruptcy process.

The NCAA could be in a lot of trouble for this bold part above. They opened themselves to lawsuits from the bankruptcy creditors and the estate itself. Elena for less than 15K was willing to lose her license, wow she either sucks at law (because she couldn't make that type of money) or had no idea she was doing wrong.

Thanks for your answer to my question that I asked in previous page.

Thanks for your answer to my question that I asked in previous page.

Didn't read the whole thread, sorry.

Advertisement
Tim Reynolds said on WQAM that his impression from the press conference was that Mark Emmert is scrambling to save his own job more than he's concerned with the Miami investigation running its proper course

Tim Reynolds said on WQAM that his impression from the press conference was that Mark Emmert is scrambling to save his own job more than he's concerned with the Miami investigation running its proper course

That is fine, just make sure to settle with us for no punishment.

Im sure he is. Doesnt mean that we should suffer any longer because of his corrupt organization

No chance this happens. We have 90 days to respond to the NOA. If there is anything in there hinting the bball program is facing a post-season ban, we will wait until after the tournament to respond

Advertisement
Back