Donna Dangles: We Skate

Im pretty sure at this point the NCAA has paid Shapiro and his Lawyer more money, than we were accused of taking

Quoted for making such a salient point. Rep this man. I'm like President Whitmore at the end of ID4, "Doesn't anyone have any reps left?"

Advertisement
352.gif

Nevin has a ton of people who want their $$$$$ back. So, how can the NCDelay funnel $$ to him sidestepping all his creditors? Shouldn't they have had dibs on that cash before it ever got to Nevin?

Nevin has a ton of people who want their $$$$$ back. So, how can the NCDelay funnel $$ to him sidestepping all his creditors? Shouldn't they have had dibs on that cash before it ever got to Nevin?

I brought this up today, they opened themselves to lawsuits from the bankruptcy creditors and the estate itself.

Advertisement
Anyone want to take a guess on the final bill from Cadwalader was?

in the area of $100,000.

That is what I am thinking. In order to investigate 13K in shady payments to NS and the attorney, they probably spent another 100K. Shapiro wanted to bring everyone down and in attempting to do so he was able to weasel another 100K+ from the NCAA (the ponzi scheme that never stops taking).

I just think that the NCAA had literally nothing and couldn't sell that to the public. They got desperate and went fishing, they failed. They are supposed to be some unbiased judge and instead they got in bed with a criminal defrauder with a vendetta against UM....no bias and nothing to see.

Advertisement
How long until we hear of a settlement? Next week? End of spring ball?

I'm guessing Shalala isn't waiting around any longer.

LOLOL, low by at least 750K.

Seriously? One month full blast at 12 hours per day by at least 7 lawyers billing at $400 per hour, plus expenses. Someone do the math.

in the area of $100,000.

I don't think they went that far on this investigation. Also this partner at President Fat's old firm probably makes much more than $400.00 an hour.

How long until we hear of a settlement? Next week? End of spring ball?

I'm guessing Shalala isn't waiting around any longer.

This whole thing has been utter BS, so hard to say. I am hoping a meeting happens shortly between the NCAA and Miami to discuss.

Advertisement
How many hours billed to go through 2.5 year file, memos, research, opinions, and drafts of opinions, and all the correspondence?

Seriously? One month full blast at 12 hours per day by at least 7 lawyers billing at $400 per hour, plus expenses. Someone do the math.

in the area of $100,000.

It's not a million dollar investigation. Just knowing how these firms back into their costs and work-load, I'd guess it was a handful of lawyers billing some of their time for a few weeks. Sounds like a $250K investigation to me.

in the area of $100,000.

First, you're clueless. Second, they didn't have 7 lawyers working on this. Third, read the Report and you'll be able to glean with some accuracy the labor involved. It lists the source documents (just email) and the interviews (limited). Could it be more than $100,000? Sure. Even double? Possible. But I doubt it.

Advertisement

in the area of $100,000.

First, you're clueless. Second, they didn't have 7 lawyers working on this. Third, read the Report and you'll be able to glean with some accuracy the labor involved. It lists the source documents (just email) and the interviews (limited). Could it be more than $100,000? Sure. Even double? Possible. But I doubt it.

Yup, I was more amazed by how much money NS was able to scam after he was a known defrauder. Talk about suckers, hello NCAA!

Advertisement
Back