Donna a Micromanager. DiMare & Miller to Decide Our Fate

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Sentinel:

The University of Miami’s new president, Julio Frenk, has taken a backseat in the hiring of a football coach. This is a complete U-turn from previous president Donna Shalala, who was in the middle of vetting candidates and overseeing decisions.

Frenk wants the finalists – or perhaps the finalist – brought to him. So the question becomes who will be deciding on who that finalist is. The answer is it’s essentially a three-man committee involving athletic director Blake James and two Board of Trustee members with deep roots and deeper bank accounts, Paul DiMare and Stuart Miller.

Don’t discount the Board members’ political weight (and financial backing) here. Miller and his family’s homebuilding company, the Lennar Corporation, gave more than $221 million toward the school’s medical school, according to the university and reports.
DiMare’s latest donation to the school was $12.5 million, of which $6 million was to fund scholarships to the Leonard Miller Medical School. Leonard Miller founded Lennar. Stuart Miller is Leonard’s son.

See how this is all interconnected?

DiMare also has given $3 million in recent years to the athletic department. That’s why the Paul J. DiMare Gallery of Champions in the athletic building that showcases national championship trophies. His son, Gino, a long-time Hurricane baseball assistant, will take over as coach when Jim Morris retires in 2018.

It’s clear these names know business. Do they know what make this football program tick?

One of the first names that was reached out to was Mike Shula, according to a source. Shula is a respected name and becoming a hot commodity as Carolina’s offensive coordinator. He isn’t interested, it seems.

The larger question is whether he would have been right for the job. Does he have any connections with Miami high schools, which is the prime selling point for the job? Could he develop them quickly?

It says something more about the process that Shula was contacted last week and that whispers came from all over when he was. We’ll have to see where this goes. These are strong, influential and rich businessmen involved. They obviously love the university. They also were involved in the hiring of Al Golden during the previous coaching search.
The question becomes: Do they get the right coach for the job this time?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think it obvious we gave the BOT and AD a bad name before it was deserved. There was five successful hires until Shalala but then three bad hire. She was the problem.

I think it obvious we gave the BOT and AD a bad name before it was deserved. There was five successful hires until Shalala but then three bad hire. She was the problem.

If Mike Shula is the first person they reached out to, they deserve every bit of criticism thrown their way and some.

Advertisement
Everyone defending that little ghoul should show themselves. She destroyed a dynasty in a little over a decade. She's a barbarian. Her whole goal is to create a "gender neutral football program without any triggers that offered a safe space."

This is the same woman that was rumored to encourage a "diverse" roster; she didn't want so many kids from South Florida. My those who defended her rot in the lowest level of ****.

Advertisement
Everyone defending that little ghoul should show themselves. She destroyed a dynasty in a little over a decade. She's a barbarian. Her whole goal is to create a "gender neutral football program without any triggers that offered a safe space."

This is the same woman that was rumored to encourage a "diverse" roster; she didn't want so many kids from South Florida. My those who defended her rot in the lowest level of ****.

Where are of the Donnaites? They came screaming out of the closest every time I ever said a bad word about her. I am assuming they are all working for the Clintons now.

I refuse to believe that Shula was one of the first people they reached out to, really?? What has he ever done at the college level, besides bomb at Bama?

I just pray that the DiMare pushing for Butch rumors are true. Give me Butch or Herman and I'm happy, haven't been happy with Miami football for a long time.

Advertisement

Wonder why most of the U fans hate her

If Mike Shula is the first person they reached out to, they deserve every bit of criticism thrown their way and some.

Exactly. If that Stoola rumor is true, then the only way we make a good hire is by pure luck. The right guy will have to fall into our lap, and we'll have to not fck that up when he does.

If they contacted Stoola about the job, then it shows an absolute lack of knowledge of football and what we need. Then, when you toss in the Mario ****, this is looking like another gigantic post-term abortion.

Advertisement

Don't rush judgement. She clearly was the problem, but they need to prove they are not in it with her. They need to bring Butch back. A Shula loser or Mario the Cuban Golden, doesn't cut it. If they in fact even thought about someone who failed at Bama, they are just looking for another more acceptable loser like Al. Bama and UT are like Miami; any decent coach will win there. To fail at any of the three is unacceptable. Bama for commitment; UT for resources. THE U for the unfathomable talent.

I don't believe the Shula nonsense. I think coaching searches double as an opportunity for every coach to try and up their market value.

I'm half expecting Larry Coker to publicly deny interest at this point.

If it is true... We ****ed.

Exactly. If that Stoola rumor is true, then the only way we make a good hire is by pure luck. The right guy will have to fall into our lap, and we'll have to not fck that up when he does.

If they contacted Stoola about the job, then it shows an absolute lack of knowledge of football and what we need. Then, when you toss in the Mario ****, this is looking like another gigantic post-term abortion.

This is why we need Butch. He is the safest option.

Really? The guy is the hottest NFL OC name out there.

No he isn't. And, even if your lie were true, that wouldn't mean anything in connection with his ability to be a good college HC. He was a total disaster at Alabama. Why would he be better here?

Rule 1: Stop looking for our next HC on the garbage heap. Stop thinking that proven failures like Stoola and Mario will do well here.

Advertisement
Back