D'Onfrio's Nephew

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
When North Bergen (NJ) High School linebacker Vin Ascolese's sent his senior film out, it caught the attention of many big time programs across the country.

Ascolese sent his film out and received offers from Illinois, Michigan State, and Cincinnati. He also started receiving interest from Miami, LSU, Florida, and USC.

"My senior season has been out of control," Ascolese said. "I have really stepped my game up and done what I have had to do on the field to help my team win. Right now I have 125 tackles, 55 tackles for loss, 10 sacks, seven forced fumbles, and two interceptions. I am just blowing people up, playing hard, and playing my balls off."

"Miami is definitely a school I am interested in," Ascolese said. "I like their swagger and how they play football down there. I also like the South Beach situation they have down there and how the weather is beautiful."

Some mid-season clips from his senior year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbEaDCoQBI4&feature=youtu.be

Advertisement
I'm only a minute into the video but dude has a name like Vin Ascolese and he absolutely blew up that little #3 kid in the blue uniform...

I have the same question as canadian re: competition level but he definitely looks like a football player. Seems to be a bit slight of build to me but the sites have him listed @ 6'2" 215 which is certainly adequate size for a HS senior LB.

Last edited:
"i like the south beach situation"

is this a **** guido we're recruiting?

It's Long Island Ice V. They'll be fist pumping and woo wooo wooooing after every play. Larry and Swerski will be in heaven.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I referreed a scrimmage of his last year... the best way to describe him is a Gary Fencik with Speed... Kid also doesn't stop talking trash... Plays angry... but respectful of the officals.. Plays like those crazy **** Don Bosco LBs like Brian and Greg Toal..

However, he is as good as advertised..

JC

if he plays like Toal i don't want him....Toal sucked in collage

Advertisement
Just as a comparison, I'm saying on the High school level they were beast... Toal had other issues like , 'cough *B.Cushing', if you get my drift...

JC

Advertisement
Just as a comparison, I'm saying on the High school level they were beast... Toal had other issues like , 'cough *B.Cushing', if you get my drift...

JC

Huh, I don't get it

They like to lift weights a lot.*wink* *wink*

Bingo..And we have a Winner....

JC

I still don't get it lol...guess I'm dense. Toal broke his leg and messed up his shoulder. If your implying something...umm, something else going on with Cushing (***, steroids?)..not sure how that affected his career.

Last edited:
Advertisement
at 3:25 he seeks that dude out. bloodlust. sign him up. Buck Ortega with an attitude.

I too wonder about the level of that competition. This kid was the biggest kid in every video clip.

Does anyone have size/ speed numbers on this kid?

i always have thougth you need a few dumb guys on your team that are not smart enough to do anything else and crazy enough to think the game matters more than anything. you need guys like that. i call them Lenny Dykstra players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back