Donell Harris (New Thread)

Actually he is looking out for his kid. That’s exactly why he’s involved.

It’s quite the opposite for me...it’s you fans that have the God Complex & don’t truly care about these kids bc you hope these kids can help you tailgate hard & celebrate the night away after wins. That’s all most of y’all care about

Bruh we tailgate like champions though. Im waiting for the team to emulate W10 crew 😂😂😂

Advertisement
I know everyone is caught up in the Manny hype right now but the knock on him will eventually be the lack of recruiters on the staff. We've had some culture changing commits that lack Miami talent. Those are cool if u only take a couple but to succeed you're going to have to get kids with both sides of the spectrum.

Seems like Manny is betting on himself while having a safety net. Take the plan B's now, have a winning season, get the plan A's, process out the plan B's. The shrewd business man approach.

I think we put a consistent, winning product on the field and most of the recruiting will take care of itself. Then you work the kids through development, playing in bigger games, NY6/CFP games, then the kids will come out higher in the draft pecking order. Then the cycle repeats itself. I’d rather have a staff that develops over one that only recruits because you can’t sustain that over a period of time, especially if you don’t put up 10-11yr seasons. Let’s see what happens this year with the players development and how it parlays to the field.

**** that. idc how talented he is, we can't be these kids back up plans. we have to end the mentality that miami is always there like the girl back home. kid can go to FIU

Come on. We already have a very nice DE class. If we get him great. If we don't (which is more likely), we're in fine shape. This isn't like we're depending on him to be the savior of our class.

Like others have said, I'd continue to recruit him, but I wouldn't spend too many resources to do that.

Funny how they call themselves Cane fans, yet UiF is an option...

If my son ever gets recruited, there are 3 schools that are just not ever going to be an option.

He can choose any other school in the country, just not F$U, UiF or ND.

He will grow up a Cane and know I want him there, but those 3 schools are off the table from the start even though it is his decision, he will learn from a young age to hate those teams almost as much as he loves the Canes.

IMO Donnell Sr didn’t get recruited hard enough when he was young, and now he is trying to live it through his kid.

Not to mention he definitely sees a chance to make some money off his son’s recruitment and is only interested in the bag schools.

Even ****ty ones like the turds, b/c everyone down here knows they will drop bag$ for undersized rush ends like Bag le last cycle.

So if he drops too far down UbaGA, Clem$on, and Baga’s board now that he reclassified and got man handled by 2020 OL, he has already lined up another bag school that would fit their $EC narrative.

We could go undefeated and still won’t get this kid.

Recruit him till the end, but don’t hold a spot for him, b/c he ain’t coming.

Advertisement
Funny how they call themselves Cane fans, yet UiF is an option...

If my son ever gets recruited, there are 3 schools that are just not ever going to be an option.

He can choose any other school in the country, just not F$U, UiF or ND.

He will grow up a Cane and know I want him there, but those 3 schools are off the table from the start even though it is his decision, he will learn from a young age to hate those teams almost as much as he loves the Canes.

IMO Donnell Sr didn’t get recruited hard enough when he was young, and now he is trying to live it through his kid.

Not to mention he definitely sees a chance to make some money off his son’s recruitment and is only interested in the bag schools.

Even ****ty ones like the turds, b/c everyone down here knows they will drop bag$ for undersized rush ends like Bag le last cycle.

So if he drops too far down UbaGA, Clem$on, and Baga’s board now that he reclassified and got man handled by 2020 OL, he has already lined up another bag school that would fit their $EC narrative.

We could go undefeated and still won’t get this kid.

Recruit him till the end, but don’t hold a spot for him, b/c he ain’t coming.

Kid made fun of UF like 3 days ago with a pic of Rosemy and Wingo.

Kid will be at Bama, UGA, or Miami.

If it isn't about bags...Then it may come down to whether he wants to play with his hand on the ground (UM) or one of the other two?

Thats how i look at it.
-I remember the whole Bogle fiasco....and he ended up where..UF?.

Its plain as day..if Bama wants him and he has commitable offer...he's going there. UGA though is the reason for the original decommitment so look like James Coley is in play and we know what Coley/UGA does down here...

Bama aint dropping bags for Donnel Harris.lol So if he aint headed to Bama.. it will be a UGA- UM fight.

Advertisement
Thats how i look at it.
-I remember the whole Bogle fiasco....and he ended up where..UF?.

Its plain as day..if Bama wants him and he has commitable offer...he's going there. UGA though is the reason for the original decommitment so look like James Coley is in play and we know what Coley/UGA does down here...

Bama aint dropping bags for Donnel Harris.lol So if he aint headed to Bama.. it will be a UGA- UM fight.

Gotcha...If he had stayed in his original class, they may have dropped a bag though. Him moving up really lessons his price imo.

If it isn't about bags...Then it may come down to whether he wants to play with his hand on the ground (UM) or one of the other two?
I hope you're right; but I don't think that it will be what it comes down to.

Advertisement
Got me thinking (and that's a scary thought!) Let's say for easy math's sake, the U sends out 200 offers. That's 200 recruits, 200 Moms, and 200 Dads for a total of 600 people to try and keep in touch with and appease. And that's just one cycle. Gotta be a tremendous challenge to keep track of who to prioritize, whose been contacted how many times, etc., etc., etc. Not making excuses. Just trying to understand the magnitude of the situation.
Can’t see the trees for the forest?

When you are recruiting, you get maybe 10-12 can’t miss type players. That’s narrowing down your so called 600 personal contacts to 36 personal touches.

A stud in your backyard needs to be prioritized. No excuses. We may not get every stud in our backyard, but it should not happen for lack of priority.

Can’t see the trees for the forest?

When you are recruiting, you get maybe 10-12 can’t miss type players. That’s narrowing down your so called 600 personal contacts to 36 personal touches.

A stud in your backyard needs to be prioritized. No excuses. We may not get every stud in our backyard, but it should not happen for lack of priority.
Point taken. Using my example, does that mean we don't contact the other 188-190 much if any? My point was, any way you slice it, that's still a lot of contacts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back