Donell Harris (New Thread)

You do realize he had an incredibly debilitating condition and was going to the Cleveland Clinic for treatment - why don't you grab a **** map and see how central Akron is to all of the clinics before spouting off like a moron. It's also immaterial to the discussion.

So after getting canned by NC State, he went to become a strength coach at FSU ( A lot demand for him as a DLine coach but FSU is close to Akron) then went to CSU to coach TE's(Again in demand but Colorado is close to Akron) or he lost and stayed in Colorado. Then after figuring out that he was in Ohio but in Colorado he finally made it to Ohio.

Advertisement
La tech and akron are not on the same level. La tech is a much better program. And he only coached the d-line at Colorado st for a year.

Rick Petri coaching at La Tech is his 1st year produced a 1st round DT pick. Both schools play G5 and actually the MAC had more players drafted in 2019 then C-USA so there are quality players in Akron's conference, other MAC schools are producing NFL talent why not Akron.

Go Canes

You still arenot answering the question of whom did Stroud even have sign a NFA contract from his time at Akron or Colorado State in the last 13 years?

Take your time , I will wait!

Go Canes
Nordly "Cap" Capi, Jatavis Brown & Ulysees Gilbert.

He was only at CSU for 2 years & the first year he was the TE's coach.

Advertisement
I’m a grad and if you look at my post since joining this site from the beginning I’m pro um. I’ve cheered for our team since 1986. However our administration was a sleep at the wheel and we are still paying for it. This is just like Jeff Thomas with richt, I do believe that if we win next year with manny the young man would come back into the mix. Show me you going to get me to the league, the nfl front runs as well, they recruit from the same schools and our kids play but at cheap salaries, on the whole!

Donna purported she was rabidly pro sports, and did bleep in that area. Paradoxically, then you get Frenk, who is a soccer guy, and he has been highly supportive since he got hired. Related to that, the big donors, who were relatively silent until the 58-0 whipping at home, are now putting intense pressure on the BOT.

Nordly "Cap" Capi, Jatavis Brown & Ulysees Gilbert.

He was only at CSU for 2 years & the first year he was the TE's coach.

I didn't even think it would be that many. Now how many players has Coach Petri had sign NFA contracts/Draft pickes during that same decade plus since 2006.

Go Canes

I’m wrong? Lol. Slap urself. The schools mentioned have been winning. This inferiority complex of the almighty bag narrative is ridiculous and needs to stop. Bags have been floating around since 4ever. Did that stop us back in the day? Let me be VERY clear w u; WE’VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO COMPETE W BAG SCHOOLS! Do u think this is a new phenomenon? It’s been highlighted b/c of these jits on social media, but have u been living under a rock??! Bags have been flying way fly since birth, so what’s the difference? If bags helps u sleep at night to justify recruiting failures, then god bless u. I deal w reality; reality is we’ve stumbled on recruiting b/c we’ve been irrelevant. The moment we show any life, we get kids HENCE I used the example of our 2018 class.
You are truly retarded, I spoke clearly on this particular situation. Did I mention other kids? No, I did not. This situation is clearly about money. He points out obvious excuses that didn't stop his son from committing in the first place. I don't blame bags for everyone so nice try with that, but Harris? Absolutely.

Advertisement
You still arenot answering the question of whom did Stroud even have sign a NFA contract from his time at Akron or Colorado State in the last 13 years?

Take your time , I will wait!

Go Canes
I just looked and a DE named jamel davis from akron signed with the texans this year. Since he was at akron in 2012 he had 5 d-linemen that ended up signing with teams.

So we were a bag school? Come on bro; u’re better than this. If we’re being transparent, every school has some “incentives.” HOWEVER, winning, getting me drafted in early rounds, player development....that supersedes everything. We love winners, keep it 💯.
I'm not saying that I was just saying that we didn't land players just because we were winning money was a big factor. And people knew very well we paid our players and alot of them

Interview with Bama247

-States he likes the culture and way Bama develops talent.

-Says Bama is recruiting him harder now that he’s a 20’ kid.

- Says Bama sits atop along with Clemson, UM and UGA.

Yeah, well - I know a couple dads that can tell some stories about Saban.

But! As long as daddy's getting stroked - all is well apparently.

Rick Petri coaching at La Tech is his 1st year produced a 1st round DT pick. Both schools play G5 and actually the MAC had more players drafted in 2019 then C-USA so there are quality players in Akron's conference, other MAC schools are producing NFL talent why not Akron.

Go Canes
Akron has never won more than 8 games. And they won 8 games only once.

Advertisement
Per Ivins he told a Bama writer, Bama is out front so there goes his dad's there is no clear leader BS.
The problem is he isn't going to be a take at Bama most likely. Being a 2020 prospect versus a 2021 prospect is a huge difference for a kid who is just a slight, athletic, speed rusher right now.

If we’re talking on-topic posters, LCE, is and has been, in my opinion, the best poster on CIS and really the MVP - Most Valuable Poster.

Chise is also the top dog, IMO, but he brings a different dynamic and is the most entertaining read if you like that type of humor, which I do, so they are distinctly different and incomparable to me.

Love em both for different reasons and we have a shît ton of great posters in addition to these guys, some of whom have posted in this thread.

If we had quality QB play as consistent as LCE's quality posts then we'd be "back" forever.

Advertisement
I didn't even think it would be that many. Now how many players has Coach Petri had sign NFA contracts/Draft pickes during that same decade plus since 2006.

Go Canes
Stroud hasn't been a Defensive line Coach since 06, he's been a Strength Coach, a TE's coach, a FB's coach & a Recruting coordinator along with being a DL coach.

No one is arguing that Stroud is a better DL Coach than Petri, but this crusade you have against him is just silly my man. He's already landed 2 very good DL's in this 2020 class, did you not read any of the threads Stefan Adams wrote about Elijah Roberts commitment?

I get that you don't like him, but he's not going anywhere as of now, so what's the point of bashing him every chance you get?

Donna purported she was rabidly pro sports, and did bleep in that area. Paradoxically, then you get Frenk, who is a soccer guy, and he has been highly supportive since he got hired. Related to that, the big donors, who were relatively silent until the 58-0 whipping at home, are now putting intense pressure on the BOT.

DS actually did love sports but her issue was that she was too involved. Frenks stays out of the way for the most part, but he doesnt give two farts about sports. youre always better off when the president doesnt really care and lets the sports people do their thing. the other issue is that it took a beating against clemson to finally get serious about spending

Ummm

I know it's been a while but a quick search and you can see the talent Stroud has put out in the draft in his last DL stop.

I understand the building new relationships with the new staff part though.
He hadn't heard from the staff. Sounds like poor recruiting technique.

Advertisement
Back