Donell Harris (New Thread)

El, this really should be up for POTY.
If we’re talking on-topic posters, LCE, is and has been, in my opinion, the best poster on CIS and really the MVP - Most Valuable Poster.

Chise is also the top dog, IMO, but he brings a different dynamic and is the most entertaining read if you like that type of humor, which I do, so they are distinctly different and incomparable to me.

Love em both for different reasons and we have a shît ton of great posters in addition to these guys, some of whom have posted in this thread.

Advertisement
We win '10-11 games we have a shot, kids want to win that's one of the bottom lines. Gotta see changes from the past 15+ years. It looks more promising now than we did when we hired the last coach, IMO. The first game is huge!

Advertisement
"Furthermore, what coach is recruiting a kid w/o talking to their parents??"

He also said that about bama so I'm not sure what is going on there.....not tga tdd it really matters in the end.

Alabama's coaches may not have, but I am sure their middlemen have.

In all seriousness, he says a lot of valid points. A bag is a drop in the bucket compared to a 1st/2nd round signing bonus and contract. We also need to string together a couple of good seasons/ACCCG appearances, develop the talent we have, and keep chipping away at the talent gap with Clemson.

With all of that said, if you wanted to be one of the guys that helps bring Miami back, then you would. The rest is just excuses.

thats why im saying i doubt manny is ignoring recruits parents. he likely kept in touch wiht the one who was involved in his recruitment.

this ^^^ And this kid was 2 years out. I doubt much parental contact via text/phone is done with recruits that far out. If they visit with the kid to campus, for sure. And Harris was on campus as LCE said (and IVins, too, btw) many times over the past 12 months. Why not bring Dad one of those times?

Under a completely different staff.

So Manny gets credit for Miami producing players from 20 years ago but Kirby doesn't get credit for a kid from 3 years ago.

Disagree. College football is a business. Put fan loyalty to the side. I love UM as much as anyone but at some point we have to wake up and realize that we have to put a great product on the field AND prove we can get our guys in the league if we want 4-5* talent. Some of yall act like we didn't just go 7-6 last year with embarrassing losses to Duke, UVA, and GTECH!!! These kids AND their parents saw that. They want to see something different and see what this #TNM is all about before they pull the trigger. Can't blame them.

Some of you on here aren't even renewing your season tickets until you see some results on the field first so WTF is the difference??????????? LOL

Easy, the got something to lose. if the kids fails here he is another JAG not my kid. If we suck, then they lost a couple grand, my money.

Advertisement
I'm a diehard Canes fan, but what I'm starting to get is a racial undertone when it comes to bags... Why is this term "Bags" only being applied to Black Players? Especially when it comes to Black Players who have a Father in the home, so they probably don't even need the money. Can a Father/Black Parents not want what's best for their kids, so financially they'll be set in the future?

this ^^^ And this kid was 2 years out. I doubt much parental contact via text/phone is done with recruits that far out. If they visit with the kid to campus, for sure. And Harris was on campus as LCE said (and IVins, too, btw) many times over the past 12 months. Why not bring Dad one of those times?
Exactly. It’s preposterous to think that the Canes staff doesn't interact with recruits families. I can guarantee that they actively recruited Don Chaney and his parents. Maybe there is a legitimate reason why the have stayed away from this kids family.....

Advertisement

I don't like the Bag$$ excuse all of the time this was a clear attempt to send a message to miami coaches about money. Borderline extortion. Some of the things he was saying in the article made exactly no sense. Excuse me if I don't get this part as well... is he saying he held Donnell back a grade on purpose? Can somebody explain that to me? Only to then reclassify? Maybe I am missing something.

I'm a diehard Canes fan, but what I'm starting to get is a racial undertone when it comes to bags... Why is this term "Bags" only being applied to Black Players? Especially when it comes to Black Players who have a Father in the home, so they probably don't even need the money. Can a Father/Black Parents not want what's best for their kids, so financially they'll be set in the future?

Go away. Has nothing to do with race outside of the simple fact that black kids make up the overwhelming majority of high-level CFB prospects.

Pops is a walking/talking contradiction. Says the Canes are still their “#1 choice”, then follows it up with these nuggets:

“There’s no favorites, no clear cut No. 1 or anything like that.”

Programs in the forefront Harris mentions, Georgia, Clemson, LSU, Texas A&M...and of course, Baga. Then the next one is a laugher. After stating that the U is still their No. 1 choice, he states that Miami is “there.”

Anyone that is genuinely a Canes fan would never, ever say that they like the Gaytor. According to Mr. Harris, Donnell Jr. likes the Gaytes. I call major bullshyt on that one. This is like saying you love the Yankees, but also like the Red Sox.

“Not having any conversations that I can’t take anybody serious” Translation (No money, no honey). Better be a big bag if you want my kid to take his talents to your school. As we all know, the Canes can’t afford to throw bags with the NCAA having their perpetual microscope on us at all times.

Kid was probably our biggest recruiting target for ‘21, but the coaches have never spoken to Pops, even though kid has been committed for a while. That might be the biggest whopper of them all.

Kid is not coming here. Dad is just trying to calm the natives. I for one am very happy with our D-Line haul so far this year.

Advertisement
So all the Kids under Al Golden all failed because they lacked talent? Al Golden had nothing to do with it. McCord, Tracy, Chick etc
If they had 1st round talent, they'd be making 1st round money in the NFL. All of them are past their 2nd contract. And wtf does Grohlden have to do with anything? Our HC has fielded an elite defense here for the past 3 years and is exceptionally beneficial for a pass rusher.

Miami fans aren't racist never seen a racist Miami fan - CIS

Some of y’all are so **** sensitive... Yes we have a 5 Star in Chaney and every once in a while there will be a kid like Duke Johnson who isn’t going anywhere else regardless but Elite kids wanna be developed and win. The guy was not wrong about what he said. 7-6 isn’t gonna appeal on a wide scale to 5 Star players who wanna win championships
You must have missed the first post of this thread where I specifically said that.

You sure? These are chad highlights and if you notice joe is on the field too playing the same position in the previous film i posted.

In 2016 & 17 Chad Thomas was the Strong Side DE & Joe Jack was weak side.

No 2018, after Chad went to the NFL, they put Joe on the Strong side & Garvin on the weak side.

Joe Jackson started out as a WDE & played SDE last year, he's listed as a SDE & that's the position he was drafted as.

Advertisement
Back