Donell Harris (New Thread)

Advertisement
Advertisement
To me, there's no reason for him saying anything about bags being able to be mitigated by winning, if he actually just wants bags. He would just not have said that, there was anything in the interview that made it seem like he needed to add that bit. At least, that's how I read into it.
He also said we're not going 7-6 and getting 5 stars. OK then don't come. We actually did go 7-6 and already got a 5 star in Don chainey. Moving on.

So a week ago they figured out there was a process to enjoy?

So it took til Paradise Camp for our staff to realize it was important to win over a kids parents too? Can’t put all the heat on the kid and his fam cause at least that part about talking to the parents should be common sense for ANY staff

Advertisement
I cant wait to have a son so I can live my dream through them one day.

That's a different Don Chaney.

Don Sr, played football at South Carolina.

Haha- I know and that fact makes it even more strange (but not necessarily surprising) that it's one of our other top targets with zero connection to that school that we're having to battle South Cackalacky over.

But back to your original question- this was the most I've personally heard from Don Sr and the rest of the family. Hard not to love everything about this situation and Jr based off it.

He also said we're not going 7-6 and getting 5 stars. OK then don't come. We actually did go 7-6 and already got a 5 star in Don chainey. Moving on.

Some of y’all are so **** sensitive... Yes we have a 5 Star in Chaney and every once in a while there will be a kid like Duke Johnson who isn’t going anywhere else regardless but Elite kids wanna be developed and win. The guy was not wrong about what he said. 7-6 isn’t gonna appeal on a wide scale to 5 Star players who wanna win championships

Advertisement
Some of y’all are so **** sensitive... Yes we have a 5 Star in Chaney and every once in a while there will be a kid like Duke Johnson who isn’t going anywhere else regardless but Elite kids wanna be developed and win. The guy was not wrong about what he said. 7-6 isn’t gonna appeal on a wide scale to 5 Star players who wanna win championships
You can be the reason a team wins championships, especially the team you pretend to "love" and view as your "dream school", or you can go where you are guaranteed a high ranking and likely playoff shot because you are riding the coattails of those already there.

Bottom line is, the excuse just doesn't hold up for SFL recruits who claim they love Miami. If even half of the top 20 best SFL recruits every year came to Miami, we would be perennial contenders, every single year, no doubt. So if they love Miami, and it's their dream school, then be the ones that make it the high level program you claim you want to see it being.

So it took til Paradise Camp for our staff to realize it was important to win over a kids parents too? Can’t put all the heat on the kid and his fam cause at least that part about talking to the parents should be common sense for ANY staff

You really think no one has not talked to the family at least once? I took it as he wants to be part of every convo they have with his son

Advertisement

He said the same about Alabama. They seem to be doing alright.

At the end of the day I got no problem with the interview or how he feels.

But I'm just tired of this "we love Miami" talk, because if yall really do & are such diehard Canes then there's no reason to decommit & start actively trying to get to Bama, Clemson, UGA, UF & all these other schools.

The kids that wanna be here sign here, it's really that simple. Idgaf about all these horsesh*t excuses, nothing is stopping Donell from being a Cane, literally not one thing, all he has to do is commit & stick with it.

Why did Trajan Bandy sign with us? Why did Navaughn Donaldson sign with us? Or Jon Garvin, or Gurvan Hall or Lingard, or Cam Harris, or Pope, Wiggins, Hightower, Brevin Jordan, Will Mallory, Delone Scaife or DJ Ivey? Or Jeremiah Payton, or Keontra Smith & Tecory Couch, or Jahfari Harvey, or Sam Brooks & Avery Huff? Simple answer...
Because they wanted to.

There's no special stipulation or list of demands needed, if a player wants to be a Cane & they have a legit commitable offer, they'll be here. Did he make valid points, yeah no doubt, but that's all just used to justify what the real angle is.

Last edited:
You really think no one has not talked to the family at least once? I took it as he wants to be part of every convo they have with his son

That's a tough spot/balancing act for our staff if what was said about the parents divorcing is true and mom taking the lead in the kid's recruiting. But it was also said that dad kinda won the debate about where the kid was going to play high school ball. So who da fugg knows?

College coaches at big time programs have a sweeeet job but I certainly don't envy the daily recruiting headaches they all must endure- especially the guys that aren't head coaches and don't get to enjoy the power and perks that the main guy receives.

very common down here
Common everywhere. My kids are young but dudes (especially) need some time. Gift of time is fine with me. I didn’t “grow up” until I was 30 so I am in no rush to push my kid out the door to college. The more mature, the better. One year can be HUGE for a kid.

Advertisement
Back