Donell Harris (New Thread)

Miami does not want the kid. PERIOD. Way overrated. There is a reason they are not calling him, they DON'T want him....Not even close as a prospect to Q. Williams. Now that D. Jackson has left as a coach there, no reason to continue with the charade . Why do think Miami was calling the DT for months almost every day (2021 kid Hundley no one knew anything about) and Harris daddy had't even talked with Baker, or Manny. Also, if you don't think Daddy hears Cha- Ching, you're mistaken.

I'm all for ignoring stars and whatnot, but **** man, lemme have some of what you're smoking. Everyone wants this kid.

Advertisement
"They're not going to get 5 star players going 7-6"

"They have to stop giving scholarships to lesser players"

It's one or the other. If top ranked kids don't want to sign with them because they went 7-6, are they just supposed to sit around and not sign anybody?

Do you know the reply you'd get if you pushed most guys like Harris Sr to answer your question?

They'd list a bunch of 2 star local kids that they know and love and say that so and so should've got an offer instead of some out-of-state or non South Florida 3 star kid (that really should be a 4 star) that we offered and had commit with zero drama and zero games.

I'm not even as rustled as some about pops here speakin' his mind and I do think we still have a medium-ish chance of landing his kid but you almost should never listen to these type of parents disingenuous horsesh!t ramblings about how Miami could be "back".

Instead of *****ing about what we can't control we should just show Donnell 1 & 2 as much love as needed and let Garvin, Rosseau and the rest of the gang show them how they have progressed. We haven't put DL guys in the first 3 rounds because we haven't had any top 3 round talents stay long enough to benefit from the development coming from what has been great DL coaching from the last 3 coaches.

Advertisement
Y’all can call it bag chasing or whatever you want, maybe it’s true, but you can’t deny the facts this man stated.

He needs Miami to produce in regards to kids getting drafted, FACTS. Yes we’ve had good defenses and numbers lately but it hasn’t translated to high draft picks. Chad was a 5 star, late draft pick. Joe Jack was a promising freshman, didn’t develop any pass rushing moves and lost bend as he gained weight to play strong side.

Miami needs to win in order to recruit, FACTS. Can’t lose to a Willie Taggart team, us fans know this right?

The part about the coaching contacting him and not Harris Jr, I don’t have a stance on that, is it common for coaches to talk frequently through electronic communication? I figure that type of talk happened in person on campus, coaches can’t do that if parents do go on the visits.

Win and they come, plain and simple.
Joe never played strong side end here and he has always been stiff.

Ill reference the story Leon Searcy told on "the U part1" when he said FSU was trying to recruit him. "FSU came and recruited me and told me that I could help them beat Miami since they had not done it in awhile. I knew right then I was going to Miami. Why join the losing side?" (I'm paraphrasing of course but yall remember that part)..So WTF do you think these coaches from Bama, Clemson, LSU, UGA are telling these kids about us? The same **** thing!

We have to start winning before we can lock up 5* talent in 8 months before NSD. And yeah, every so often we will stumble across a Duke Johnson and Don Chaney. But we need 4-5 of those 5* types to get back to where we need to be.

and when we start winning and the 5* bag chasing scumbags still leave town then what is your excuse going to be then?

Are there any interviews from Don Chaney Sr?

Does Sr. look like the type of dude that wants to talk about any of this?

Screenshot_20190627-101703_Google.jpg

Advertisement
This is an interview with Donnell Harris father. Pretty insightful interview and makes a lot of great points. Seems to be on the same wavelength as D$.

.View attachment 88690View attachment 88691View attachment 88692View attachment 88693View attachment 88694View attachment 88695View attachment 88696View attachment 88697

Kid was exposed at Rivals camp and must reclassify due to age ineligibility with the FHSAA for 21’ class...His quickness is his best asset but has only 1 move right now and his frame does look lean like his father so I can’t project him to be a 250 to 275 DE in 3 years. Actually I really don’t see him as a 5 star for 20’ class by most evaluators unless his prior status carries that perspective. Would I want him? Yes but it won’t be a killer if we don’t get him for this class. Look at our current roster at DL and what is coming in and I don’t see him playing much as a FR but do see a red shirt for him. In the end Coach Manny has to keep guys like this home and Coach Stoutland must develop them.

We would’ve won 11 in 2017 with Malik at QB if Arkansas St. didn’t get canceled.

So not very hard with competent coaching.

and when we win 11 games and the 5* bag chasing scumbags still leave town what is the excuse going to be then? The reality of the situation is that we are going to get 25% of the elite talent in S FL and the other 75% are leaving town for ca$h regardless. Just means UM has to be that much better at evaluating and developing .... no different than it has been for 30+ years; it's just harder to do in today's environment.

Advertisement
Of course there is some truth in what he’s saying, excuses always have some truth in them but IMO that’s all this is, excuses. You can’t claim it’s about winning then bring up Brian Burns saying FSPOO sucked but he still got drafted high. If your son is good enough, your son will get drafted high. One of the few things NFL scouts don’t analyze is Win Loss records for DL. You can’t claim is about winning and bring up FSPOO or The Turds who we have a better record over the last several years than both of them.

You can’t talk about developing the player for the draft and then bring up UGA who has been recruiting DL at an elite level, yet not putting any of them high in the draft (the UM level player he later alludes too). You can’t complain about UM not talking to you (which I highly doubt) and then praise Alabama who you claim hasn’t spoken to you either. You can’t claim you are so proactive you always planned the reclassification yet you just figured out he should “enjoy the process”.

You can’t talk about one bad apple ruining the whole bunch yet consider the turds whose head coach just ignored a player’s request to get him out of a toxic situation that could have ruined his entire life, not just draft position. As if that was not bad enough, said coach blasted the former player as did ALL of his former teammates and blamed him for the ordeal. If fans criticizing your son after decommited (which I agree is focken ridiculous and some of these adults need to grow the fock up) then imagine your son going through that Steele situation. FYI, the **** fans after that were also less than understanding.

Finally you CANT claim you’re a diehard Canes fan and EVER EVER EVER consider the Turds, especially with a UM offer on the table. It’s against a true Canes fan DNA. Well you COULD claim all these things but it just contradicts all the Facts you are supposedly presenting.
EXACTLY my thoughts. He made some valid points that can't be denied, but then ruined their validity concerning their personal situation by contradicting himself on essentially every single one of them.

I skipped to the end to say that was a great read. Now, I'll go back and read what I expect to be comments that are all over the place.

Advertisement
That was an odd read. Transparent, but odd.

I'm fine with moving on. Timing is off.. We aren't the program he wants us to be (yet). If he doesn't want to be part of solution/build it.. he'd be best suited to go to Clemson. Best of luck to the family regardless.

Advertisement
Back