Donell Harris (New Thread)

Well he reclassified a year early. So he's still young and developing. If Mario thinks he can help out and make an impact then I would be fine with it.
He is 20 years old. Also most of the time when a kid reclassifies it isn't because he is younger, its usually because they are older and could graduate earlier.

Advertisement
If he can still play..I would be open to it for 2 reasons:

1) None of his shenanigans happened under Marios watch. So there should be no personal ties or ill feelings here. We are cleaning the slate right?

2) We could use some young, DE depth. Technically, hes a 2nd year kid because he reclassified.

That said, its very concerning that he couldnt see ANY PT while he was at TAMU. 4 snaps is an embarrassment for a kid who was considered a 5* talent. So all this could be moot because he could just plain suck.

Advertisement
Saved By The Bell Smile GIF by PeacockTV

Funny the 2 de's we were after that committed to TX A&M have BOTH transferred out of 8&4. Him and a kid to Rutgers.

Donnell was a bit overrated...he is a Div 1 player...But he is thin dont know his growth potential and kind of high cut. Think he is a scheme fit in maybe a 3-4 team that may allow him to get up field dont know his ability in space.

I coached directly against him the spring of his jr year....and He had a sack and a tackle or 2...but the kid i had blocking him likely works in the middle of the mall currently and I moved him to Center after having jujst coached him 2-3 weeks b4 the spring game. A 5 star talent might have killed like that but Harris imo was just ....OK in that game. I was ho hum on him after that...

one question I always have, if they are legit studs he can play.....if hes a over rated out of HS keep it movin.

Funny the 2 de's we were after that committed to TX A&M have BOTH transferred out of 8&4. Him and a kid to Rutgers.

Donnell was a bit overrated...he is a Div 1 player...But he is thin dont know his growth potential and kind of high cut. Think he is a scheme fit in maybe a 3-4 team that may allow him to get up field dont know his ability in space.

I coached directly against him the spring of his jr year....and He had a sack and a tackle or 2...but the kid i had blocking him likely works in the middle of the mall currently and I moved him to Center after having jujst coached him 2-3 weeks b4 the spring game. A 5 star talent might have killed like that but Harris imo was just ....OK in that game. I was ho hum on him after that...
Always thought he was over rated, hes talented but not a 5 star IMO.

Advertisement

He won't be the last.

That's a WHOLE NO...that kid made UM and the staff out to look stupid. You understand kids are young and do/say stupid **** but he went out of his way to handle his recruitment with us way he did. **** NO

Advertisement
Yeah but he's still young, he really should of been a true freshman last year. He's got a lot of eligibility left and Manny was the coach then so it's different, maybe he just didn't believe in Manny vision. If Mario thinks he's a take and could help out then I would be fine with it

Dude was Jobe's age coming out of HS so he's not that young. Plus we are done with the days of the 220-230 DE.

He can go play at UCF or FAU

Advertisement
These are my new favorite threads on CiS.

Saw Donell Harris and immediately knew...this man is in the portal. I expect Stewart to get this same treatment in one year's time.

I'd politely tell this guy spots are filled. He wouldn't play here any time soon anyway.

These are my new favorite threads on CiS.

Saw Donell Harris and immediately knew...this man is in the portal. I expect Stewart to get this same treatment in one year's time.

I'd politely tell this guy spots are filled. He wouldn't play here any time soon anyway.
shemar is a diff type of player though imo. he didn't come to us but hes built differently where you could see the potential. with Donell, being thin was always gonna hurt. kinda reminds me of another thin DE that didn't come here and went to UF

Advertisement
Back