Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we lost kids to any schools with a worse football situation than us?

Any kid we’ve lost to Tennessee? Florida? South Carolina? How are they any better than us? I think it’s also safe to say that the reason these programs are better off than us is because they have talent. They have talent cuz they offer more than what we offer. Clemson hasn’t been a juggernaut forever, but they sure the **** got Sammy Watkins from down here coming off a **** 6-7 season and no success to speak of. We came off a great season and on top of the world and couldn’t close on anyone. Are you telling me that Tyler Byrd picked the Vols because of their incredible record and all the DBs they put in the league? Did Alex Collins go to Arkansas to continue the absurd success they had?

Advertisement
Any kid we’ve lost to Tennessee? Florida? South Carolina? How are they any better than us? I think it’s also safe to say that the reason these programs are better off than us is because they have talent. They have talent cuz they offer more than what we offer. Clemson hasn’t been a juggernaut forever, but they sure the **** got Sammy Watkins from down here coming off a **** 6-7 season and no success to speak of. We came off a great season and on top of the world and couldn’t close on anyone. Are you telling me that Tyler Byrd picked the Vols because of their incredible record and all the DBs they put in the league? Did Alex Collins go to Arkansas to continue the absurd success they had?

If Collins took a bag, his mom must have not known about it since she ran off with the LOI. Byrd went to the same school as his adopted brother.

We are getting beat by teams like Alabama and Georgia. The teams competing for championships. We usually win battles with everyone else.

LOL! So many people in this thread showing their asses. It’s embarrassing, and the only thing worse are the losers on Twitter going in on Harris. Get a life folks.

By the way, @DMoney is 100% correct in this thread. I’ve jumped all over him in the past for being a terribly blind homer, but he’s killing it in this thread. We haven’t given these kids any good reason to come to Miami for years. That needs to change, and if it does, our recruiting will improve greatly. That said, we’ll never recruit like Bama, Clemson or UGA because we’ll never be able to offer the same kind of extra incentives. That doesn’t necessarily mean we won’t be able to compete with them on the field though.

First thing is first though, stop dramatically underachieving year over year. Start dominating the Coastal division year over year. Start getting kids drafted higher.

Advertisement
Nobody has ever denied that the SEC pays players. I have heard it multiple times from direct sources on both sides. But blaming everything on bags and the kid is a defense mechanism from emotional fans. We are losing recruits because we deserve to lose recruits.

Jerry Jeudy is a perfect example. He got paid. But he also saw what happened to Calvin Ridley at Alabama. And before that, he saw Amari Cooper. He thought he could do the same thing.

Obviously, that turned out to be the right decision and it had nothing to do with bags. We spent last year with the second-worst passing game in P5. That's the real problem.
You're right and wrong. None of that has to do with the fact that at his position we are dominant. If your stance is winning well than that cant be argued RIGHT NOW. It's a different level. But at his position and honestly any position on defense the only factor that can be pointed towards is the money... I've seen it for ever. Had this conversation with my parents when I was being recruited, plenty of my boys who have went through the same and now far more often with kids hitting me up and parents asking for advice. Kids we mentor and on and on. It's been going on for ever but I have noticed its alot more aggressive than ever. Us winning changes that narrative (which I believe we are built to do now) and the feds getting some cases under their belts in the football world (it's happening now just like with bball) itll make this all more competitive. Also some of yall may simply need to realize not every kid is built the same. Doesn't help to antagonize them all constantly like you'll guilt trip them in to coming. Just give them time and be fans to the kids that do come. Otherwise fans and sites like this will simply contribute to the problem by having far more access than they should.

Do these kids call the coaches prior to decommit is do they just throw it out on Twitter? Asking for a friend

Advertisement
LOL! So many people in this thread showing their asses. It’s embarrassing, and the only thing worse are the losers on Twitter going in on Harris. Get a life folks.

By the way, @DMoney is 100% correct in this thread. I’ve jumped all over him in the past for being a terribly blind homer, but he’s killing it in this thread. We haven’t given these kids any good reason to come to Miami for years. That needs to change, and if it does, our recruiting will improve greatly. That said, we’ll never recruit like Bama, Clemson or UGA because we’ll never be able to offer the same kind of extra incentives. That doesn’t necessarily mean we won’t be able to compete with them on the field though.

First thing is first though, stop dramatically underachieving year over year. Start dominating the Coastal division year over year. Start getting kids drafted higher.
Get bent

There is no chicken and the egg argument. We don’t need better recruits to win. We need better recruits to win championships.

Win games, recruit better players, win championships. That’s the path.
The truth is that we will most likely never have enough elite talent to win another NC b/c the best are getting bought from here every year.

No matter how many 10 win seasons we put together.

The game has changed.

Back in the day it was a big deal when a kid got a trans am.

Now they get new rides, home close to campus for the fam with a car or two for them and jobs and a 6 figure bag.

Cam Newton showed these kids they can take the bag, get caught and still get the Heisman and be the #1 pick.

Also some of yall may simply need to realize not every kid is built the same. Doesn't help to antagonize them all constantly like you'll guilt trip them in to coming. Just give them time and be fans to the kids that do come. Otherwise fans and sites like this will simply contribute to the problem by having far more access than they should.

Most important words in the thread.

When you get this clown agreeing with you, you know you’re wrong

Advertisement
Yes , we can all cite exceptions. But, if you look at it in aggregate are they just data points. Overall, for the last 15 years, have we done a good job developing our talent.

For Christ sakes, the mantra on here is that annually, we're the most talented team in the Coastal and we've won it only once.
But when u recruit the way we have with misses it leaves those other teams in the coastal with some good players or a few spots leveled with our...........Yea its about developing a bit but Sean Taylor was going to be Sean Tayloer anywhere in CFB thats my point. The Miami uniform didnt make him great he was great period. When we siugn plan c and ds and people soup that **** and we lose to a VT UNC etc. for example people cry about coaching but when u read here and believe that x player is awesome (that know one threw bags at) u get let down. Sometimes plan c and ds are almost the same level of player VT is signing then people wonder why we lose to inferior teams. Those roster are pretty close to ours and a team with somewhat pretty close in talent can beat us. I just think without the elite u cant win big i always believed that, part of what made me a UM fan was seeing those 2000 teams when i wasnt into CFB..............I would watch NFL games and say holy **** who is that he is a fuqin beast and those players stuck out. Its wasnt all development we hit on the evals andthose guys were hall of famers.

Last edited:
100 pages of arguing over the same **** just a different year. Canes Tears. We don’t pay like big schools, we aren’t winning like big schools, we have a first year head coach, offense sucked donkey balls last year, won the ACC COASTAL HHAHA one time in 15 years, been on probation, hired Al Golden, get clowned by kids off the field on social media.....do I need to go on?!?!? Until we fix a lot of things, we won’t be landing many top dogs in south Florida.

Advertisement
Believe or not, I'm not a mind reader. Maybe this kid is being sincere. However, perception is 90% of reality.

And the perception is that he's looking for a better deal.

This after being committed to his home town school, actively recruiting for said school, and leading everyone to believe that he was 100% to that school.

His father apparently gets more involved and the 2 of them decide it's better to decommit after and during a "tour" of other schools. In addition, he re-classifies and transfers to another HS to be able to do so.

I also don't buy into the winning a natty and improving his draft stock narrative. If a player is NFL material, they'll find you. A player from Alabama State went in the 1st round this year. There were also many "1st round talents" that dropped into the later rounds for any number of reasons.

I don't begrudge anyone trying to improve themselves. What I do have a problem with is someone trying to improve themselves at the expense of others.

NO ONE except this kid and his father knows where their hearts are. The perception is that he's going to the highest bidder. Whether or not that perception is even a consideration in their decision making process is yet to be determined.

We need some family members to start construction companies and Manny Sr. to work his old channels to funnel city contracts to them. Pretty much standard operating procedure in Miami anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back