Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DMoney

So how the **** are we going to compete with Clemson with the way they are recruting

The gap in talent is getting wider and wider that's for sure.
There are stacking talent at 3 positions qbs, receiver and dline which are 3 of the most important positions on the field and to a lesser extent at rb and should/can be a model Miami should follow. They didnt have a dominant oline until this season. We have talented qbs, can recruit elite receivers, our dline play is “elite”. Miami has just as much talent if not more on the back 7 of the defense than Clemson.

Advertisement
Clemson has recruited quality the last 8 years.

They are not historically a good program. I fact they are below average but have a big sense of self importance. My brother goes there. They think they have 15 championships in that town and have been gods gift since 1980

DJax is that you?!! Nice, let me know when you need help with the campaign.
Going to love seeing a Cane be successful.
What seat are you running for again?
Ok, fam. You have to understand man, I can’t control a kid and tell him where to go. I love UM, and I love my kids. Have to let him and the family decide what’s best, UM is still open for him.

There are stacking talent at 3 positions qbs, receiver and dline the 3 most important positions on the field and to a lesser extent at rb and should be a model Miami should follow. We have talented qbs, can recruit elite receivers, our dline play is “elite”. Miami has just as much talent if not more on the back 7 of the defense than Clemson.
Clemson QB'S and D line are 5 * players

Miami QB'S and D line are 4* players

They have elite players

We have good players

I was expecting this decommit to happen, but what shocked me was the 2020 reclassification. Everything @DMoney said is 100% fact, we haven’t been good in 15 years, think about that. I have a family now and almost 40 and when we won the title I was 21 going crazy in college. It seems just like yesterday but it truly was a long time ago. I also thought well how can we compete with the Big Dogs and Dmoney was right also we have to start winning by by making and developing our players and SOME of these recruiting issues will be solved.

That being said I’d love a 5 star DE any day of the week but DE is not a problem. We sign 3star kids and develop them into studs or sign truly elite DE who are undervalued (Rousseau, Jackson, Harvey etc).

But holy crap that Georgia money must be another level to get a kid to reclassify and commit soon. Getting the kid to transfer HS, decommit, reclassify and commit shortly is just crazy funny money

Advertisement
Clemson has recruited quality the last 8 years.

They are not historically a good program. I fact they are below average but have a big sense of self importance. My brother goes there. They think they have 15 championships in that town and have been gods gift since 1980
This year's clemson class is on another level

The gap is getting wider in talent....

He's been thinking about decommitting for a long time. The rumors were all over Twitter around the same time Williams decommitted.
@D-Money.......I don't recall the post on CIS but it did state that Williams was not the only BIG name that will decommit from Miami. It just took longer than the post indicated but here it is. I doubt many thought it would be Harris since he was on social media more than any other commit talking up Canes. Manny and this staff have had a plan since Day 1 and seems to not have been caught off guard. Get kids that want to be Canes. Get a Garcia commit this weekend or soon and off we go.

Clemson QB'S and D line are 5 * players

Miami QB'S and D line are 4* players

They are elite players

We have good players
I said “Elite” play in which our dline has displayed the last 2 years .While none are obviously better than Lawrence As it stands now Miami has more top 80 overall in the country QB recruits on its roster than Clemson.

Advertisement
This year's clemson class is on another level

The gap is getting wider in talent....
So what, it was wide last year and needed a miracle to beat Syracuse in 2018 and actually to Syracuse in 2017. No matter if you want to admit it or not miami is even more talented than the early 2014 teams or so Deshaun Watson had around him at Clemson right now which is good enough to be doing better than what we did last year for sure

F$U and if you say otherwise, you’ve officially jumped the shark tank and I’m going to call you Fonzi from now on.
Not to mention Arkansas, Tenne$$ee, and Clem$on before they were ****.

Sammy Watkins ring a bell?

I was expecting this decommit to happen, but what shocked me was the 2020 reclassification. Everything @DMoney said is 100% fact, we haven’t been good in 15 years, think about that. I have a family now and almost 40 and when we won the title I was 21 going crazy in college. It seems just like yesterday but it truly was a long time ago. I also thought well how can we compete with the Big Dogs and Dmoney was right also we have to start winning by by making and developing our players and SOME of these recruiting issues will be solved.

That being said I’d love a 5 star DE any day of the week but DE is not a problem. We sign 3star kids and develop them into studs or sign truly elite DE who are undervalued (Rousseau, Jackson, Harvey etc).

But holy crap that Georgia money must be another level to get a kid to reclassify and commit soon. Getting the kid to transfer HS, decommit, reclassify and commit shortly is just crazy funny money
[/QUOTE

harris is a different type of BEAST

Those other 3 were no where near the level Harris is in high school

I understand it's just high school and he has to live up to the hype in college but dude is looking like a cant miss blue chip

Dude is unblockable

Advertisement
There seems to be some truly uneducated people on the board today. I wouldn't blame him if he ended up at another school. The problem is that he decommitted after being all Miami every day literally until today, when he decided to reclassify. There isn't a single school in the country who said we won't recruit you unless you decommit from Miami today.

With that said I see some people, one person in particular, trying to pull a cover story for this kid today with some sort of ridiculous debate that existed 5 days ago. he knows who he is and has been called out by multiple posters over the past few months. Something really strange is going on with him.

I'll continue to hope Harris somehow recommits, but let's be honest, what happened today sends red flags everywhere about what happened this week with other programs.
Brock or D?

though I am dissapointed, missing kids like this is not the reason we are underachieving and going 7-6. He is at the DE position, a position we recruit very well and even if we do miss on him 2020, we should still be able to pull an elite DE class with Anaela, Harrel, and Williams.

It’s like the chicken or the egg...

Win and we will get better recruits, but we need better recruits to win...

Doesn’t matter how many games we win, the elites are more often than not going to take the bag and rep for a bunch of racists.

Advertisement
So what, it was wide last year and needed a miracle to beat Syracuse in 2018 and actually to Syracuse in 2017. No matter if you want to admit it or not miami is even more talented than the early 2014 teams or so Deshaun Watson had around him at Clemson right now which is good enough to be doing better than what we did last year for sure
clemson has like 5 5* commited and they are in it for like 5 more 5*... and will get atleast 2 or 3 more 5*

We better have elite coaching becuase The gap in talent isn't close bro

We have good talent, they have elite talent

No it hurts and he would be amazing and the whole situation sucks but what else can we possibly do? Our team has been bad but D has been Elite. Manny has brought Swag, excitement, already proven D and off the field swagger. But outside of winning and dropping life changing bags (we don’t have that type of bags) nothing else we can do.

It’s like the chicken or the egg...

Win and we will get better recruits, but we need better recruits to win...

Doesn’t matter how many games we win, the elites are more often than not going to take the bag and rep for a bunch of racists.

There is no chicken and the egg argument. We don’t need better recruits to win. We need better recruits to win championships.

Win games, recruit better players, win championships. That’s the path.

clemson has like 5 5* commited and they are in it for like 5 more 5*... and will get atleast 2 or 3 more 5*

We better have elite coaching becuase The gap in talent isn't close bro

We have good talent, they have elite talent

The comment about talent gap is 💯 and making the endings to college football seasons boring and predictable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back