Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already been put on the masthead by Coker, Shannon, Golden, etal. It's up to Manny to show it's changed.
SO u telling me Jerry Juedy and Amari Cooper would of been worse here ???lol
JT4 got coached by a bum HC on offense and everyone in the NFL sees his talent...........I dont want to hear anything these kids know if they come here they will eat. Richards was ballin here as well

Advertisement
This is another common argument that makes no sense. He's not a competitor if he goes to Alabama, Clemson or Georgia? He's competing with five stars up and down the depth chart.
And there's another aspect to consider. He'd be going to teams loaded with 4 and 5 star talent and find himself riding the pine. Whereas, if he came to Miami, he would probably start day one.

We will never be able to drop bags like the BAMAs and UGAs are doing now. Clemson was dropping bags selectively when they started on the uptick and that combined with superb evaluations, staff continuity and coaching has them where they are now (probably with more bag action).

We are uniquely positioned for a similar type of turnaround based on location to even out the bag game. IF our staff turns out to be very good evaluators, coaches and recruiters ala a Butch Davis, we can zero in on these lower rates So Fla kids you hear stories of all the time that ball somewhere else to get us over the hump. These kids we can usually lock up fairly easily.

Do that consistently and win, then maybe we start getting a few more Campbell's of the world.
This is my only hope what u just wrote but that was the sam,e hope I had with Golden and Shannon and Richt.........I dont think I can believe anymore but your post is the closest blueprint of hope to make it happen.

Who wouldnt want the city of Miami screaming their name?

I remember beating FSU 28-27 in 2002. I remember beating Louisville with the the magic from Devin Hester. The emotion from those moments will never feel better in Tuscaloosa or Athens as it does in Miami. Never will it feel as good as waking up Sunday morning in coral gables as it does in Athens or Tuscaloosa after wins like that. I remember whooping FSU in 2001. I remember beating the gaytors 38-33 in the OB. Its magic dammit.

God I want these guys to try and remember Va Tech and ND of 2017 more recently. That's what Miami is and what Miami should be!!!

We need the studs to stay and continue to whip the *** of these prissy *** programs.

Lol nah...So much wrong with this statement...A. Some were drafted right where they should be. B. Some had off the field issues. C. Some should have stayed in school D. Some went high anyway...We can name Canes drafted in 1st round that are awful, etc.

You are really reaching here to defend this pattern of behavior.

Again, the facts speak for themselves. No school outperforms its draft position like the Miami Hurricanes. Combine that with our struggles in the Coastal, and it is clear that we aren't getting the most of our players:

We compared each school’s weighted draft value and their overall performance in the NFL since 2002 to figure out which school’s produced the biggest NFL overperformers and underperformers. No school overperforms like Miami.

Advertisement
The difference is he took visits. That's usually when kids decommit. It's not just a bag school thing or a Miami thing.
The money comes out on the visits, though. We all know it. @dsddcane has broken it down here many times before. People are getting paid just to deliver these kids on visits. Seems like you're playing stupid about that part.

This is my only hope what u just wrote but that was the sam,e hope I had with Golden and Shannon and Richt.........I dont think I can believe anymore but your post is the closest blueprint of hope to make it happen.

I hear ya. I do fear the next 15+ years rests on the shoulders of Manuel Diaz.

The difference is he took visits. That's usually when kids decommit. It's not just a bag school thing or a Miami thing.
The difference is UGAy threw him a bag.....
UGAy is not going to win a Natty and has sent only 3 Defensive Linemen into the NFL in like the last decade....

The kid who has been coached by DJax since January, too six months took this long to realize that Clemson and Bama are a higher tier of program? I guess these kids only see the love they have for the U, until their brain makes them "see" something else when they're about to be seniors. They're stuck in some sort of psychosis that blinds them of actually seeing and hearing any championship games or drafts until they turn 17. I can't blame a 16 year old for being blinded by their love for the U, and I can't blame a 17 year old for getting out of that illusion by natural brain development. Surely, it can't be money.
We will never be able to drop bags like the BAMAs and UGAs are doing now. Clemson was dropping bags selectively when they started on the uptick and that combined with superb evaluations, staff continuity and coaching has them where they are now (probably with more bag action).

We are uniquely positioned for a similar type of turnaround based on location to even out the bag game. IF our staff turns out to be very good evaluators, coaches and recruiters ala a Butch Davis, we can zero in on these lower rated So Fla kids you hear stories of all the time that ball somewhere else to get us over the hump. These kids we can usually lock up fairly easily.

Do that consistently and win, then maybe we start getting a few more Campbell's of the world.

Except that eval thing is tougher than before. Butch ain't getting any of those kids to go higher in the draft, relative to the other teams in FIUs conference. He's just a better coach than the trash that they've recently had.

Advertisement
I’m 29. When I was growing up if top South FL talent didn’t go to Miami they went to FSU or UF. And as painful as it was it still made sense. Right around ‘03 it all changed. Now that top South FL is going out of state to SEC country, Clemson or Ohio State. It’s a mix of different variables, but when all else is tied, the bags win out. The Gurvan Hall’s, Duke’s, and Chaney’s are a dying breed. It is what is and the only way to change it is for Manny and his staff to coach their asses off.

As far as winning conference and national titles and recruits wanting to play for a winner, it’s the chicken or the egg discussion. Period. The kids that can make a difference though that are top 100 recruits seem to inexpilicably go elsewhere, even when we have a 10 win season. It’s exhausting. But Manny needs to make it happen with what he’s got otherwise nothing will change. And even when we win another national title we’ll still lose out on 5 stars that are bought. It’s today’s college football, ain’t no surprise. Have a drink, Aug. 24th can’t get here soon enough and we’ll know a lot that day.

I dont get Dmoney I love his podcast I love what he does but the talent dip of Canes since the Butch era was huge u can see it in the league now. Im sure Bama has the most kids in the league with superior talent as well like we used to have.............D u have to know this kids chasing a bag. We looked great in 18 and still failed to close while bama got bodied against Utah in Sabans first year and still had a top class. For some reason it feels like only the rules apply to Miami which means its an excuse from kids to say UM sucks to go to these other schools. U know its bad when kids make up BS excuses about my girl goes there or im always a sfla kid/miami kid or they have problems in the area to leave. Its mostly BS more then half the time cause they dont want the backlash. Thing is people r getting paid thats it and until we pay we wont be **** but a school that fires a coach and flys banners cause we r upset we arent elite anymore. We will never be elite is closest thing to the truth that we have to finally realize as a whole fanbase.
Saban gets to Bama, gets the classic first year recruiting bump that every coach -- even here -- gets, and then does nothing but improve Bama every year from that point on. How is that in any way comparable to what any Miami coach has done for the past 15 years? We've never followed up one good season with another. How are you supposed get the community excited when you average one good year every 5 years and immediately follow it up with a disaster?

If we have two straight 10 win seasons and we're still whiffing on 80% of the blue chip guys then we can say the rules only apply to Miami.

Advertisement
We r screwed man people need to realize it they will feel much better about UM football when they realize its over

Manny has to be the guy. Many fell for the Golden speeches, the Randy alumni/recruiter "he's one of us, savior" traps. Myself included. But it was all talk and no action. Manny can talk the talk but he's also showed his vision through action and change. It does give a glimmer of hope.

Advertisement
I’m 29. When I was growing up if top South FL talent didn’t go to Miami they went to FSU or UF. And as painful as it was it still made sense. Right around ‘03 it all changed. Now that top South FL is going out of state to SEC country, Clemson or Ohio State. It’s a mix of different variables, but when all else is tied, the bags win out. The Gurvan Hall’s, Duke’s, and Chaney’s are a dying breed. It is what is and the only way to change it is for Manny and his staff to coach their asses off.

As far as winning conference and national titles and recruits wanting to play for a winner, it’s the chicken or the egg discussion. Period. The kids that can make a difference though that are top 100 recruits seem to inexpilicably go elsewhere, even when we have a 10 win season. It’s exhausting. But Manny needs to make it happen with what he’s got otherwise nothing will change. And even when we win another national title we’ll still lose out on 5 stars that are bought. It’s today’s college football, ain’t no surprise. Have a drink, Aug. 24th can’t get here soon enough and we’ll know a lot that day.

PJ and LSU were the catalysts to modern day SoFla recruiting.

SO u telling me Jerry Juedy and Amari Cooper would of been worse here ???lol
JT4 got coached by a bum HC on offense and everyone in the NFL sees his talent...........I dont want to hear anything these kids know if they come here they will eat. Richards was ballin here as well

Allen Hurns, Duke Johnson Brad Kaaya...All record breakers at Miami, with Golden being their HC and Coley as their OC.

C'mon, at believing that development crap. Remember when we got Coach Kul, and had a top defense during his 2 years. None of those kids got drafted high. But his players at missouri with lower recruiting ranking got drafted higher, and btw most of them have been trash in the league. How about simpson? Another top defense, he goes to be a position coach in the NFL, and doesn't look at either Joe Jack or Willis. Players get drafted off size and speed, and just need some film to show that they can flash that tier 1 potential.

The money comes out on the visits, though. We all know it. @dsddcane has broken it down here many times before. People are getting paid just to deliver these kids on visits. Seems like you're playing stupid about that part.

Nobody has ever denied that the SEC pays players. I have heard it multiple times from direct sources on both sides. But blaming everything on bags and the kid is a defense mechanism from emotional fans. We are losing recruits because we deserve to lose recruits.

Jerry Jeudy is a perfect example. He got paid. But he also saw what happened to Calvin Ridley at Alabama. And before that, he saw Amari Cooper. He thought he could do the same thing.

Obviously, that turned out to be the right decision and it had nothing to do with bags. We spent last year with the second-worst passing game in P5. That's the real problem.

Allen Hurns, Duke Johnson Brad Kaaya...All record breakers at Miami, with Golden being their HC and Coley as their OC.

C'mon, at believing that development crap. Remember when we got Coach Kul, and had a top defense during his 2 years. None of those kids got drafted high. But his players at missouri with lower recruiting ranking got drafted higher, and btw most of them have been trash in the league. How about simpson? Another top defense, he goes to be a position coach in the NFL, and doesn't look at either Joe Jack or Willis. Players get drafted off size and speed, and just need some film to show that they can flash that tier 1 potential.
He had Sheldon Richardson 5 star and wasnt responsible for bringing in the talent, the reason records got broken here is because we played bum aquads and offenses changed. Brad Kayaa isnt a better throwing the Testerverde, times change if Vinny was here in that offense he would break records with how much we passed and the ACC comp is trash. To me players get drafted off projection, people here though Walton was better then Saquon thats how cooked people r here that they ignore other players and only look at UM players. I think most fans here over do it with our players, when u miss a guy like Surtain Stevenson Cooper Juedy............those guys will be studs even at Temple and the NFL wouldnt ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back