Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have no hope bruh, i remmeber them bodying us for Sammy Watkins and they havent won **** and we were never able to get players of that caliber when ST and butch boys left. Sll I remember are teams taking our plan A guys and putting us in a hole.........it wasnt only Clemson its been UF FSU Bama UGA LSU etc. Until we pony up I believe we will stay stuck in quick sand hopefully I can hit the lotto and change that.
Money is involved. Im not saying winning fixes everything but it helps. The more you win the more money comes in. You need a combination of both.

Advertisement
Why are they getting paid so much on their second contracts? We are the bargain bin of the NFL.

Lol nah...So much wrong with this statement...A. Some were drafted right where they should be. B. Some had off the field issues. C. Some should have stayed in school D. Some went high anyway...We can name Canes drafted in 1st round that are awful, etc.

You are really reaching here to defend this pattern of behavior.

Hopefully
**** i think so, or maybe hes not open for bags........thing is every class there more elite bag chasers then a guy that wants to just go where he loves. 90% bags 10%Dukes/Chaneys depends also if the bag schools have higher ranked backs to throw money at.

This kid was either going to drop like a rock in the rankings or move on from Miami. Seriously, it's like everyone gets amnesia year after year. Money talks. It always talks.

Advertisement
I'll cut through the BS and ask you a simple question. Are Al Golden and Randy Shannon still coaching at Miami?

Diaz's resume as HC is non-existent, all he has is one spring under his belt. The fact that few top tier talents that have come through Miami in the recent years have under performed (regardless of system or HC). Until we start putting more players in the league and winning the top talent will not come.

@DMoney You might think you're dodging these punches like Mayweather, but again I ask based on your own (and true) premise, what about your argument is different today than a month ago? Three months ago? Six months ago?

Kids today have a myriad of reasons to choose Miami and not choose Miami. We are going to take some L's. But to champion you point so hard makes little sense.

He said he wants to win a national championship and go to the next level. We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

This one is simple to me. He wants to be here but he won't commit until he is confident in Miami's future. If we win and get momentum, guys like this will be jumping in the boat. It's not always about bags.

I halfway disagree with this.

The kid was already aware that Miami wasn't winning big since Miami has been recruiting him and he STILL committed. So that throws the narrative out the window in a sense that he wants to wait until he's "confident in Miami's future" because he was confident enough in Miami when he already knew what the climate was at Miami.

I would feel no way at all about it if Miami went 7-5 during the season with the talent we have and THEN the kid jumped ship.

Sorry, but it has bags written all over this one.

It's very apparent that the kid has a bidding war going on between Bama and Clemson.

Advertisement
Lol nah...So much wrong with this statement...A. Some were drafted right where they should be. B. Some had off the field issues. C. Some should have stayed in school D. Some went high anyway...We can name Canes drafted in 1st round that are awful, etc.

You are really reaching here to defend this pattern of behavior.
I dont get Dmoney I love his podcast I love what he does but the talent dip of Canes since the Butch era was huge u can see it in the league now. Im sure Bama has the most kids in the league with superior talent as well like we used to have.............D u have to know this kids chasing a bag. We looked great in 18 and still failed to close while bama got bodied against Utah in Sabans first year and still had a top class. For some reason it feels like only the rules apply to Miami which means its an excuse from kids to say UM sucks to go to these other schools. U know its bad when kids make up BS excuses about my girl goes there or im always a sfla kid/miami kid or they have problems in the area to leave. Its mostly BS more then half the time cause they dont want the backlash. Thing is people r getting paid thats it and until we pay we wont be **** but a school that fires a coach and flys banners cause we r upset we arent elite anymore. We will never be elite is closest thing to the truth that we have to finally realize as a whole fanbase.

So you think that Harris will recommit in December, huh?

Meanwhile, Stefan's article says the exact opposite.
It’s ludicrous what’s being suggested, that he’ll come back. He knew we weren’t winning a Natty in the near term when he committed. Some of these guys need to stop making excuses to cover for these kids.

You listed 9 weaknesses and five of them could’ve been developed while he was here
… but they weren't. And I believe that's the point. Anyone that saw Joe Jackson as a freshman, would have sworn he was on the fast track to be an All American and a high draft pick. Now, we mostly remember his limitations and that he left too early to overcome them (which were always there from the beginning).

Advertisement
@DMoney You might think you're dodging these punches like Mayweather, but again I ask based on your own (and true) premise, what about your argument is different today than a month ago? Three months ago? Six months ago?

Kids today have a myriad of reasons to choose Miami and not choose Miami. We are going to take some L's. But to champion you point so hard makes little sense.

The difference is he took visits. That's usually when kids decommit. It's not just a bag school thing or a Miami thing.

Money is involved. Im not saying winning fixes everything but it helps. The more you win the more money comes in. You need a combination of both.
We have money man, we need a savage booster or someone to help us. Last season on CBS they said Miami needs a booster on tv and laughed about it, also stating the bigger schools get more "outside help"

Ayeplus has the right of it. Kid knew everything you're saying, D. He didn't care about winning until he saw the $$$. Just wanted to get paid.

Advertisement
Donell Harris isn’t the only great high school player out there. I think that’s why the coaches are recruiting more on a national level vs just South Florida. The South Florida kids may not value Miami but there are millions of young high school players who do.So miami has to stop that original we need to build the wall up, thinking they only need palm beach, broward and Dade. So will Miami ever rise again, yes, it just not be the traditional formula that most Floridians think will take to get the U back to national prominence. Miami is a national worldwide brand, so they need to recruit as they are. I believe Manny realizes this and that’s what they are addressing now. So if donell wants to decommitt and go elsewhere. I respect that. I wish him good luck.

Rather than countering your argument ( who were these 8 can’t-miss five stars anyway?) I’ll say: You’re right.

Five stars should not come to Miami because we don’t develop them.

Put it on twitter and make sure everyone sees it.

In fact put it on the site masthead: RECRUITS don’t come to Miami - we don’t develop talent.
It's already been put on the masthead by Coker, Shannon, Golden, etal. It's up to Manny to show it's changed.

Miami guys are bargain bin of the NFL bc they are built different. It's a different mentality when you're a cane. SEC guys are gods and coddled even when they 4-8, see UF.

Canes always are hungry. It's a mentality. If you dont think cultures at certain programs dont attract certain personalities then you're naive. When guys get to Miami it's a you against the world scenario. Now we also have more south Florida players than any other college. And south Florida has more players in the NFL than any other area in the world. Dog mentality is all it is. We have a higher percentage of "bargain bin" guys bc they arent the show horses of these "powerhouse" programs that go 10-2 with no conference championship. Bama,Clemson, Ohio state are just about the only schools that can call their shot based on on field results. The rest have to sell a lot more.

**** i think so, or maybe hes not open for bags........thing is every class there more elite bag chasers then a guy that wants to just go where he loves. 90% bags 10%Dukes/Chaneys depends also if the bag schools have higher ranked backs to throw money at.

We will never be able to drop bags like the BAMAs and UGAs are doing now. Clemson was dropping bags selectively when they started on the uptick and that combined with superb evaluations, staff continuity and coaching has them where they are now (probably with more bag action).

We are uniquely positioned for a similar type of turnaround based on location to even out the bag game. IF our staff turns out to be very good evaluators, coaches and recruiters ala a Butch Davis, we can zero in on these lower rated So Fla kids you hear stories of all the time that ball somewhere else to get us over the hump. These kids we can usually lock up fairly easily.

Do that consistently and win, then maybe we start getting a few more Campbell's of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back