Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
And now that he’s 2020 we have even less of a chance. We would have had 2 seasons to showcase our stuff. Now we have one. And we don’t have a draft to show him. Garvin going first or second round could have helped
U really think cause one kid gets drafted first will change a kids mind lol........yall believe anything these kids say. They get the bag and are told and taught what to say to reporters

I want him to come here. I'm an emotional message board poster.

But nobody has given me a logical reason, "hometown school" aside, why he should pick Miami over Clemson and Bama. There is none, right now.

That's the irony. Grown men blow these kids up with insults on Twitter and then call them "immature" for making logical decisions.
-Close to home and ability to represent his city
-Set a trend and brand himself
-Metropolitan area helping long term networking opportunities
-Quicker path to playing time

There are plenty of reasons outside of bags & being in the playoffs that goes into this decision.

Advertisement
Campbell went in the second round because he had a horrible junior year. Vernon had three sacks in his college career. They weren't developed or utilized properly at Miami.

That has been the norm for the past 15 years, not the exception.

He actually had more sacks than that. Just because you go 2nd or 3rd round doesn’t mean you weren’t properly developed dmoney you know this. We have seen kids who fit the bill of top 2-3 round picks that even with atheltic profile, film and production still go lower than they should have gone in redwine and Michael Jackson. Weird sh*t happen like that in the draft

Here's what I wanna know:
how many of you keyboard heroes sitting here getting angry about these kids taking money and leaving would have the strength to not take it?

Imagine coming from a low income family in the areas these kids are from where you are happy if your family is able to pay the bills, eat, and make it to the next day. Then imagine you are lucky enough to have/discover a talent that is recognized by colleges which gives you the slightest chance or hope that you can go to the NFL and make more money than your family has ever dreamed of. You would do anything you could to improve that chance.

AND that's before these bagmen come and offer to move your family somewhere better as soon as you sign, get them jobs, and offer you more money right there than your parents could make in years.

Ya'll are saying that you would look at the cars, clothes, chains, money and say "No thanks, I'd rather play for the college closest to where I live for free. I might have a slightly lower chance of making it to the NFL due to the uncertainty behind that school. But it's cool because I'd rather try to make them better and not be considered a 'traitor' by those guys on the message boards."

No ya'll wouldn't. 99% of you would have jumped out of your chair and had the papers signed before your desk chair stopped spinning.

Dudes like Duke or Chaney (hopefully) that do that are special. The benefits and consequences of their decision to take or not take that money aren't just a recruiting class or win or loss in a college sport for their favorite school, it affects them for the rest of their and their families life.

Advertisement
The whole win and they come narrative gets me the most ****ed off on here out of any post, theres so many examples throughout the years that thats a load of **** and it get contradicted so many times and people still eat that **** up. WAKE UP PEOPLE

Did this kid just find out last years record today?

Uga is and will always be bamas b**ch

As long as saban is at bama uga aint gone win sh*t

Lets see. Kirby is already catching up with them with recruiting. Either way winning NCs 19 years ago is not as good as actually being in the playoffs a couple years ago.

Advertisement
That was my mistake, he averaged three sacks a year. 1.5, 6, and 1.5.

Then he became the highest-paid DE in football when he got real coaching.
How long is the list of guys that had to sit some or all of a season due to suspension going in the first round?

Doesn't seem at all surprising he went later than his eventual talent warranted. He had a true freshman season, a strong sophomore season, and a Shapiro'd season. Not to mention he came out under sized.

So, how is him getting suspended for taking impermissible benefits, and him not being prototypical rush end size a reflection of Miami I guess is the question since you are using him as an example of the inability of the school to get guys drafted where they should be?

Here's what I wanna know:
how many of you keyboard heroes sitting here getting angry about these kids taking money and leaving would have the strength to not take it?

Imagine coming from a low income family in the areas these kids are from where you are happy if your family is able to pay the bills, eat, and make it to the next day. Then imagine you are lucky enough to have/discover a talent that is recognized by colleges which gives you the slightest chance or hope that you can go to the NFL and make more money than your family has ever dreamed of. You would do anything you could to improve that chance.

AND that's before these bagmen come and offer to move your family somewhere better as soon as you sign, get them jobs, and offer you more money right there than your parents could make in years.

Ya'll are saying that you would look at the cars, clothes, chains, money and say "No thanks, I'd rather play for the college closest to where I live for free. I might have a slightly lower chance of making it to the NFL due to the uncertainty behind that school. But it's cool because I'd rather try to make them better and not be considered a 'traitor' by those guys on the message boards."

No ya'll wouldn't. 99% of you would have jumped out of your chair and had the papers signed before your desk chair stopped spinning.

Dudes like Duke or Chaney (hopefully) that do that are special. The benefits and consequences of their decision to take or not take that money aren't just a recruiting class or win or loss in a college sport for their favorite school, it affects them for the rest of their and their families life.
I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I’m not mad at the kid. I’m upset at the result but I understand and would likely play the bag game myself if I was blessed with the talent.

My complaint has been and continues to be with those who say shiit like win and they will come. Stop pretending transactions don’t occur for kids this talented.

Oh yeah, and don’t decommit with a message that you are all Miami.

Advertisement
Those teams will also open the season as the Top 3 teams in the country.

Here's two questions for the bag crowd:

(1) If bags are everything, why isn't Tennessee stealing our recruits? They pay as much as anyone.

(2) Take bags out of the equation. Why should a kid pick Miami over Alabama and Clemson, aside from hometown pride? Give me one objective reason.

Of course kids are getting paid. But Miami lost to FIVE schools last season who don't pay and don't sign Top 25 classes. We haven't given these kids any reason to believe in us. That is what needs to change.
Why did those kids pick ole miss, uga after Kirby went 8-5, you even stayed the reason Stevenson left, why are all those kids staying out west with Mario? Why is a walker committed the gamecocks?
Add up the number of elite kids that didn’t stay in sofla he last four years and that’s my number. Cause they stay and more will come. Maybe a better rated qb decides to come when he sees who he will be playing with.
A kid like Garcia who Manny was probably telling today how he will be part of the number one class in 2021. This is the new Miami and kids aren’t flipping like before. “We have all he sofla recruits staying including our ambassador Donnell Harri....... oops never mind

Recruiting is a joke... These South Florida kids talk about loyalty and Family but yet they decommit to Miami constantly. Im so happy Diaz and recruiting out of state more then ever! Something is wrong with these South Florida kids. IDK if it's because they grew up without Father's or something but they have no sense of commitment and being a man of there word. It's year after year with these kids man. Miami is literally the most decommited school in college and it's always these South Florida kids. It's no coincidence either. I would be 100% okay with Diaz not Recruiting another Dade/Broward kid
I dont think itsm ainly south florida kids its just cause sfla has elite players that get paid, im sure it happens everywhere but more in sfla. Its not about betrayal to them its about making money for there mom and dad like any other recruit, it looks as if it only happens in sfla because sfla has a plethora of elite guys that would sign with UM until they go for the family and drop bags. Hard to stay wanting to go to miami if bama drop 200k and a house and job for you and your family. hard to say no to that if put in those kids shoes......a coach on our squad said the same thing and i believe him....he said we lose recruits cause of cheating its the truth.

So, how is him getting suspended for taking impermissible benefits, and him not being prototypical rush end size a reflection of Miami I guess is the question since you are using him as an example of the inability of the school to get guys drafted where they should be?

I'll cut through the BS and ask you a simple question. Do you think Al Golden and Randy Shannon had Vernon playing to his potential at Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back