Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that Harris didn’t have any idea that Clem$on, Baga and UbaGA have a better shot at a Natty than Miami till this weekend...

He also must have not known about their development of first rounders either...

Kid was supposedly All Cane until this weekend, yet his decommitment is not b/c of the bag$ he was offered...

Makes sense

Advertisement
What's Nick Saban's record as a head coach? What's Manny's?

You guys are dealing in hope and emotion. I'm the same way. Just listen to my preseason podcasts. But the facts are what they are. We haven't given any kid born in 2001 any reason to believe in Miami.

Again, are you trolling the board? I am not comparing the two head-to-head. I INTENTIONALLY gave you an extreme example of hiring THE BEST coach in the country, while still keeping the last 16 years of our history.

There was a logical point to be made, not a head-to-head comparison of Saban and Diaz.

It's very simple. The recruits know what Miami has been for the past 16 years. None of this is an unknown. No SEC coach comes here and "educates" the South Florida kids on this issue.

Again, I keep pointing out the chicken-and-egg example. We are not going to MAGICALLY win 11 games or more for 5 consecutive years UNLESS WE GET BETTER PLAYERS (as well as develop them better). And in order to get those better players, we need to sell a vision, we need to sell the future.

If there are recruits who don't want that, if they want the perception of a "sure thing" at Alabama or Clemson, fine, so be it. BUT DON'T ACT LIKE ALABAMA OR CLEMSON ARE THE ONLY LOGICAL CHOICES. They are not. And don't buy into a recruit telling people that he "IS MIAMI" when he is specifically choosing not to follow the vision for the future, but to take the out-of-state "sure thing". THAT IS NOT "MIAMI", that is mercenary. And if the kid is a mercenary, fine. But don't claim to be "American" and then fight for pay for the "Russians".

D Money keeps making this same point and it applies to the elite kids who never really consider us to begin with, but it doesn't really apply to the kids that de-commit because all of those issues were present when they originally committed. He counters with "You're saying bags are everything," but nobody is actually saying bags are everything. But, when kids are committed and proclaim themselves as the ambassador and then de-commit immediately after visiting a top school, it isn't ONLY because they put kids in the NFL at a higher rate than we do or because we haven't given any kid a reason to believe in Miami since 2001. Those are excuses. Our current coaching staff hasn't been in place since 2001.

Donnell should do whatever he wants. It's his life. His decision. Won't impact me. I'm humored at how myopic D is being on this and how unwilling he is showing himself to acknowledge bags are a problem. Not the only problem. But a problem nonetheless.
it does apply to the issue prevalent, that shows how much you do not know about recruiting. He was young when he committed to Miami, and did not see any other college until recently. The only thing he knew was Miami and if you think a 2021 was just gonna shut down his recruitment and not visit any other school than I do not know what to say to you. He visited some elite colleges with coaches telling him that the decision you should make should be a business decision and if your end goal is to win a national championship and get drafted high into the nfl then come here. He finally starts to really take his recruitment as a business decision and is probably thinking that the UM rn can not help him with his ultimate goal, so he re-opens his recruitment. He thinks that UM can not help him with his goal and it is Manny and the staff job to either prove his doubts wrong or confirm them.

@DMoney the first round pick aspect of your argument is trash. The NFL finds talent wherever it is. For example:
2018-pick 5 Chubb NcState, pick 14 Davenport UTSA, pick 15 Miller UCLA, 20 ragnow arkansas, 24 Moore Maryland .....not to mention 2 guys from VT, and players from Wyoming,Boise st, Washington, USCe, San Diego state, UcF, Louisville......

You will be a first rounder if you ball out period.

Why didn't the NFL draft Campbell and Vernon in the first round? They clearly have proven to be first round talents.

Advertisement
Why are you taking the word of a then 15 year old as gospel?

As they become juniors and seniors the attention starts ratcheting up from the OOS schools and their perspective on things start changing.
In a discussion, one typically conveys a point and supports it with a logical and reasonable example or supporting detail. Would you rather I chose any of his effusive pro-Miami tweets/posts? If you want to focus on that detail, so be it, get lost in the sauce as the kids say, it's not really the point I was making.

Advertisement
Again, are you trolling the board? I am not comparing the two head-to-head. I INTENTIONALLY gave you an extreme example of hiring THE BEST coach in the country, while still keeping the last 16 years of our history.

There was a logical point to be made, not a head-to-head comparison of Saban and Diaz.

It's very simple. The recruits know what Miami has been for the past 16 years. None of this is an unknown. No SEC coach comes here and "educates" the South Florida kids on this issue.

Again, I keep pointing out the chicken-and-egg example. We are not going to MAGICALLY win 11 games or more for 5 consecutive years UNLESS WE GET BETTER PLAYERS (as well as develop them better). And in order to get those better players, we need to sell a vision, we need to sell the future.

If there are recruits who don't want that, if they want the perception of a "sure thing" at Alabama or Clemson, fine, so be it. BUT DON'T ACT LIKE ALABAMA OR CLEMSON ARE THE ONLY LOGICAL CHOICES. They are not. And don't buy into a recruit telling people that he "IS MIAMI" when he is specifically choosing not to follow the vision for the future, but to take the out-of-state "sure thing". THAT IS NOT "MIAMI", that is mercenary. And if the kid is a mercenary, fine. But don't claim to be "American" and then fight for pay for the "Russians".
With good coaching UM can easily when 11 games a year with the talent they have and the division they are in, for you to not see this makes me think that you believe Miami's problem is not underachieving with the talent they have but it is the quality of talent that is the problem.

You gave an example that makes no sense. Saban can sell the future better because he has a track record as a head coach. Diaz doesn't, so his future is much cloudier.

If we play to our talent, we'll win more games. We've underachieved. Achieving up to our current talent level would be an improvement. If Manny does that, and I think he will, our entire recruiting outlook will change.

Why didn't the NFL draft Campbell and Vernon in the first round? They clearly have proven to be first round talents.
For the same reason Tom Brady didn’t go in the first round. They do make mistakes but more often than not they get it right

Advertisement
@DMoney the first round pick aspect of your argument is trash. The NFL finds talent wherever it is. For example:
2018-pick 5 Chubb NcState, pick 14 Davenport UTSA, pick 15 Miller UCLA, 20 ragnow arkansas, 24 Moore Maryland .....not to mention 2 guys from VT, and players from Wyoming,Boise st, Washington, USCe, San Diego state, UcF, Louisville......

You will be a first rounder if you ball out period.

That is BS. Playing for a team like Clemson where they have a much higher paid staff that is helping develop you is going to get you drafted higher than playing for a team with worse coaches. That is just one of the many reasons why going to a school like that helps you get drafted. Sure you can hand pick stats like you just did to push your agenda, but look at the first 5 kids drafted in last years draft? Clemson, Bama, OU, OSU, LSU.

Or other schools offered him money?
3AF3F699-F071-498A-9E03-1FACA524F776.jpeg

it does apply to the issue prevalent, that shows how much you do not know about recruiting. He was young when he committed to Miami, and did not see any other college until recently. The only thing he knew was Miami and if you think a 2021 was just gonna shut down his recruitment and not visit any other school than I do not know what to say to you. He visited some elite colleges with coaches telling him that the decision you should make should be a business decision and if your end goal is to win a national championship and get drafted high into the nfl then come here. He finally starts to really take his recruitment as a business decision and is probably thinking that the UM rn can not help him with his ultimate goal, so he re-opens his recruitment. He thinks that UM can not help him with his goal and it is Manny and the staff job to either prove his doubts wrong or confirm them.
I get that reading comprehension can be hard, but I'll try again. I didn't speak to how young he was or whether I thought he would shut things down. In fact, I said earlier in this same thread I think every kid should take visits. My point was to how D is offering an argument as comprehensive when it, on its merits, only applies to a subset of recruits.

Advertisement
This is what I think will happen. And the people in this thread will suddenly have a higher opinion of Harris's maturity and character.

I have not questioned his maturity or character.

I have a problem with his decommit announcement. I do not expect it to be written by a professional PR firm, but it evidences a level of inconsistency.

Finally, I'm not sure why he can't look around and visit other schools without decommitting. If you want honesty, I think that some people have put certain ideas in his head about how he needs to handle his recruitment.

I said this was coming when Williams decommitted, but some on here were like “naw Harris is a deifferent bread, he is All Canes”...

This MFer actually put that he is all MIAMI and everything about him is MIAMI in his decommitment tweet.

You ain’t MIAMI if you are repping the KKK.

I don’t recall having said a single personal thing about this specific recruit, or his character. I don’t think people should be even commenting to them on social media because that’s counterproductive anyway.

But I’m not backing down on what I think is happening with the best of the best recruits. It’s not going make any difference if we win 10 11 12 games this year or next year or the year after.

Will we sign more and better recruits? Of course we will. But there’s a top level of recruiting that you have to achieve nowadays to get to the top, and to do that, you have to have compete against bags.
The thing is and i think that is what dmoney is getting at is if we win consistently we will be able to get at least a few of those elite level recruits.

The problem is miami isn't making it a tough choice. Yes some recruits are getting paid but they are struggling with the recruits who aren't getting bags too.

At least if you win you put yourself in the game. Right now miami is still trying to recruit off being miami and it aint working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back