Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call BS on that one we been singing this same win and they will come BS for years now and nothing has changed. Just admit it these kids are bag chasers.

We never won so your point is null. One smoke an mirrors decent season with losses to a bunch of 3 stars from Whiskey and Pitt and a raping by Clemson is not what we are talking about with "win and they will come".

Advertisement
You guys need to wake up and realize this kid in his lifetime hasn't seen miami play in the playoffs let alone the national championship. Along with that he has seen kids from around this area get up leave win and go the nfl. What does miami truly have to offer a kid from this area other than playing in front of family. I would say if miami wins out the regular season this kid comes back in the class. We are not in the position to blow kids like him off. He has every right to decommit

Funny to keep reading us losing kids is all down to bags when we are the easiest team to recruit against in the nation. We can't get anything right. We haven't had two decent years consecutively in over 15 years. We're the classic case of take one step forward take two steps back. And yet you're expecting these kids to be captain save-a-hoe and rescue us from our ineptitude when they've got the blue bloods of the game knocking at their door?

The bag game is real and we'll never lock down all of SFLA because of it, but if we start winning it won't be so easy for the hometown guys to keep ditching us.

Advertisement
We never won so your point is null. One smoke an mirrors decent season with losses to a bunch of 3 stars from Whiskey and Pitt and a raping by Clemson is not what we are talking about with "win and they will come".
Look how the recruiting class for that season was. We landed highly rated kids through the whole class. Pope,lingard, jordan, Ivey, hall and more winning and look how we finished when we lost a games no Campbell, jobe. Winning fixes everything

Do you think Miami, as of now, gives him a better chance of winning a natty than Georgia? Is it even close?

And they've produced twice as many first rounders as us since 2013.

This is not a fun argument to make, but it's an easy one. It's facts versus emotion.

Jesus Christ, by THAT STANDARD, Jimmy Johnson should never have told recruits "You can come to Miami and win or you can go somewhere else and lose to Miami."

Instead, JJ SHOULD HAVE told recruits that they had a better chance of winning a national championship by picking Nebraska or Oklahoma or Penn State or Alabama or Clemson or Georgia or Southern Cal.

Advertisement
Then who comes calling? Bama, Clemson and UGA. The three biggest bag schools.

Those teams will also open the season as the Top 3 teams in the country.

Here's two questions for the bag crowd:

(1) If bags are everything, why isn't Tennessee stealing our recruits? They pay as much as anyone.

(2) Take bags out of the equation. Why should a kid pick Miami over Alabama and Clemson, aside from hometown pride? Give me one objective reason.

Of course kids are getting paid. But Miami lost to FIVE schools last season who don't pay and don't sign Top 25 classes. We haven't given these kids any reason to believe in us. That is what needs to change.

As for D$ being click-astute... He’s considering shutting down the most popular thread in CIS if we lose on 8/24 so there’s that.
Rest assured friend. The tears are going nowhere. We will burn CIS to the ground before that happens.

Advertisement
Look how the recruiting class for that season was. We landed highly rated kids through the whole class. Pope,lingard, jordan, Ivey, hall and more winning and look how we finished when we lost a games no Campbell, jobe. Winning fixes everything

This is exactly correct. We flopped big time on national signing day because of the way we ended the season. The big take away is even with the smoke and mirrors record we had(barely beating an absolutely terrible FSU, GT, and UNC) we still had a bunch of great kids commit to us.

Miami could hire Nick Saban tomorrow. We would STILL have a terrible 16-year history. But we would have a FUTURE. I realize I have just cited an EXTREME example, but it is to prove a point.

What's Nick Saban's record as a head coach? What's Manny's?

You guys are dealing in hope and emotion. I'm the same way. Just listen to my preseason podcasts. But the facts are what they are. We haven't given any kid born in 2001 any reason to believe in Miami.

Advertisement
I am going to hope

When you put on like he did on twitter repping the city and the University of Miami, I would expect he would be the uber confident alpha dog that says I want to be like ME. I'm going to be the baddest M Fer to ever don the Orange and Green and I'm going to bring every baller in S. Fl with me to make Miami like the GA's and Clemsons of the world. Nothing wrong with going where it's good, I just thought he was different the way he acted. That's why he was already loved by the fanbase.
....but then his parents got in the middle of the conversation!

I want him to come here. I'm an emotional message board poster.

But nobody has given me a logical reason, "hometown school" aside, why he should pick Miami over Clemson and Bama. There is none, right now.

That's the irony. Grown men blow these kids up with insults on Twitter and then call them "immature" for making logical decisions.

I understand the kid wanting to explore all his options, and Bama, UGA and Clemson are great options for any recruit generally. But if you are looking for FACTS about why Miami might be a better choice for Mr. Harris, see below.

First, past performance is not an indicator of future results. listing previous players’ draft position is meaningless, past performance of other individuals and schools has 0% correlation to draft position. Production, measurables, and psychological evaluation are the only thing that are going to have any effect on his draft stock. Saquon Barkley was not drafted top 5 because Penn States recent history of RB success, etc.

I agree I want Manny to show us on the field that things really are different. We have to beat the Gators. Only way to show that this regime is truly TNM. No excuses.

Beyond that here are reasons to pick Miami.

FACTS:
1. Manny Diaz has shown as DC that he has the ability to put DEs in a position to produce TFLs and Sacks an elite level.

2. Miami runs a 4-3/4-2-5, while UGA runs a base 3-4. If he wants to be a hand on the ground DE than UM could be a better fit, otherwise if he wants to be a stand-up rusher I’d think UGA might be a better fit.

3. At Miami he will have the chance to start as a freshman, with Nesta, Ford and Rousseau across the line. UGA has upperclassmen above him.

4. He will have more opportunity to generate production in ACC Coastal than SEC East. While still putting it on tape against Bama in 2021 and Clemson in ACC title games.

5. He stated that “He is Miami”, UM will offer a far superior business network in South Florida than UGA. If he wants to move to Atlanta after his playing days, then maybe UGA is for him.

6. UM has 1/3 the student body of UGA and offers a better education and a more valuable degree.

7. Legacy - As he’s stated he cares about his city. No other school can offer him a chance to be a hometown hero in the same way that UM can. If he doesn’t care about his perception in South Florida Alabama could be a nice fit.

8. Playing in front of friends, family, and a hometown crowd is unique and special. No one else can offer this.

9. Culture - Miami culture is different than UGA culture, if you’re about that southern hospitality, UGA baseball team culture, Athens might be the spot.

10. Talent, Miami currently has a top 4 recruiting class (ok, I know it’s early) if he reclassified they could rise from there. That means they have the Blue Chip ratio required to win titles, they just gotta perform and he could be a part of that.

He’ll be fine whereever he goes because he has the talent, but if he cares about what he says he cares about Miami is potentially the best choice.

Hot take; we whoop UF, go undefeated and he recommits in Dec when he sees Manny really does have the JUICE.

What's Nick Saban's record as a head coach? What's Manny's?

You guys are dealing in hope and emotion. I'm the same way. Just listen to my preseason podcasts. But the facts are what they are. We haven't given any kid born in 2001 any reason to believe in Miami.
So according to what you are saying Howard should have never won the NC back in '83!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back