Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You said we aren't producing first rounders because we aren't getting any five stars. I gave you a list of 8 five stars who signed with Miami. None became first rounders. Every one except Duke and maybe Brandon Harris underachieved.

If you want to vent, that's fine. We are emotional fans. But the facts speak for themselves. We haven't given kids a reason to believe in Miami. I hope and expect that Manny will change that.

That list is over what? 15 or 20 years. That ain’t going to cut it. But those eight each had issues, and it’s a small sample size. I mean Duke set the rushing record at Miami The “not developed” argument is bullshlt with him. And he wasn’t a prototypical NFL running back - it wouldn’t have mattered where he went to school.

I can’t go through all of them right now. But your list literally proves my point - when I have time later I can go one by one.

You just seem dead set on promoting other schools over Miami. I don’t know what your agenda is, it’s bizarre.

Miami is never reaching the playoffs without landing the best of the best. Our competition is bags and you know it.

Bleacher Report is a joke. I’d believe the Onion before that ****.
All these stories are glamorized. But there is truth in between the lies. No one in **** was gonna tell that kid whatever offer you get well double it. Especially when they said an acc team and sec team said that. Acc wouldve been either fsu or Clemson. Carolina doesnt spend close to that level. Sec team was either ole miss or Tennessee. What's being left out is he got 300 from a & m anyhow. It's just convenient to out what you choose and leave out the rest.

You said we aren't producing first rounders because we aren't getting any five stars. I gave you a list of 8 five stars who signed with Miami. None became first rounders. Every one except Duke and maybe Brandon Harris underachieved.

If you want to vent, that's fine. We are emotional fans. But the facts speak for themselves. We haven't given kids a reason to believe in Miami. I hope and expect that Manny will change that.

Exactly. You could come to Miami, maybe win, but based on the last 15 years, probably not. Get booed and treated like **** by fans and press. Play in some ****** bowl game on December 26th and eventually get drafted and get paid.

OR...

Go to Clemson or Bama, definitely win, make the playoffs or major bowl games. Get treated like royalty everywhere you go. Get drafted and get paid.

Both scenarios likely end the same, but one road is a whole lot prettier than the other. As far as I'm concerned, until we we start winning 10+ games for multiple seasons in a row, we're not even close to being a consideration for most of these 5 star kids. We need to at least level the playing field in terms of winning.

The thing that changed is that he saw other schools. He committed as a young teenager with a limited perspective. Now he knows what's out there.
When you say “saw other schools” , are you including football facilities in that statement? I think Miami is more than fine with majority of their facilities, dorms will be elite, great Indoor practice facility and the campus is beautiful. But I do Think Miami needs significant work in terms of lockerroom and player lounge renovations. But that obviously all can’t be what all this is about but maybe it will stop Miami from looking second rate in the eyes of recruits. Because at this point nobody has won anything yet decommitting already when Diaz hasn’t even got a shot to prove himself in their eyes which is just fvcked up but it is what it is. Winning helps and that goes without question but we need everything else in place as well

Advertisement
I am going to hope
This is one of Miami’s biggest problems. Harris has no one he can point to and say, “I want to be that guy.”

These other schools have produced college superstars who go first round. We haven’t done that in years.
When you put on like he did on twitter repping the city and the University of Miami, I would expect he would be the uber confident alpha dog that says I want to be like ME. I'm going to be the baddest M Fer to ever don the Orange and Green and I'm going to bring every baller in S. Fl with me to make Miami like the GA's and Clemsons of the world. Nothing wrong with going where it's good, I just thought he was different the way he acted. That's why he was already loved by the fanbase.

Exactly. You could come to Miami, maybe win, but based on the last 15 years, probably not. Get booed and treated like **** by fans and press. Play in some ****** bowl game on December 26th and eventually get drafted and get paid.

OR...

Go to Clemson or Bama, definitely win, make the playoffs or major bowl games. Get treated like royalty everywhere you go. Get drafted and get paid.

Both scenarios likely end the same, but one road is a whole lot prettier than the other. As far as I'm concerned, until we we start winning 10+ games for multiple seasons in a row, we're not even close to being a consideration for most of these 5 star kids. We need to at least level the playing field in terms of winning.

They still won’t come.

That’s the point.

And for the record, I think we’re going to be winning 10-11 games every year over the next few years, maybe even more.

But guess what, those guys are still going to ditch us. That’s my point.

It’ll be another excuse then. Well we have not won 13 games ... we made the playoffs but we didn’t get the ship. Except then it will be newer and better excuses for why they don’t come. All the time, it’s gonna have been bags

Advertisement
Spare me all the BS about Miami not being a big winner or competing for natty's or producing first rounders. They weren't doing any of that 6 months ago when this kid committed. He just had a change of heart? All of the sudden those things became important to him when they obviously weren't before? Let's be real. This kid got paid. I'm not the dude that blames "bags" for every recruiting failure either. Just have to move along and grab teh next available guy. We were counting him towards 2021 anyway so that gives the staff time to nab someone else.
@DMoney keeps ignoring this point. Kid knew we weren't doing Jack sheet 6 months ago. Then who comes calling? Bama, Clemson and UGA. The three biggest bag schools. **** UGA fans openly say they pay players, we even know what they pay some of them... It's an open secret! And all of a sudden money wants us to accept is because we haven't shown the kid anything? Didn't he know this 6 months ago? Didn't Don Chaney know this when he committed? He. Got.Bought. Stop with the sillyness money you are Making a fool of yourself here bro.

It’s hard to compete with Duke bags. Or Wisconsin and Virginia bags. Georgia Tech is paying like crazy. And don’t get me started on Boston College.

Bags must be the only reason kids go elsewhere. We’ve given them every reason to believe in us.

You’re conflating two different things. You definitely are a troll. We’re not losing 5 star recruits to those schools. The fūck are you even talking about

It’s hard to compete with Duke bags. Or Wisconsin and Virginia bags. Georgia Tech is paying like crazy. And don’t get me started on Boston College.

Bags must be the only reason kids go elsewhere. We’ve given them every reason to believe in us.
You keep acting like bags have no impact on any of these guys.

Advertisement
I can guarantee you that even if we beat UF and went undefeated during the regular seasons and lost in the playoffs that still neither of those two will recommit....
I can guarantee you that even if we go 11-2 next season we're not going to bring in most the top SFLA recruits. One season isn't going to magically erase 15 years of abysmal play along with our perception. This won't be an overnight thing. We need to start winning and keep winning

Exactly, we recruited at a high level in the early 2000s because we were winning and getting players drafted. Bags were just as prevalent then as they are now. If someone wants to tell me that bags is all that matters then I can assure you Kentucky will be a the next Bama because they can pay just as much as Bama can and they are really starting to get serious about football in their athletic dept.
It wasn’t the same. Bama didn’t become relevant until late 2000’s. Ole Miss became relevant by dropping bags, give me a break. The part that’s being missed is, in 2000 we didn’t have our Andre Johnson, Sean Taylor, Santana, Willis, Wilfork, and Rolle bought outta our backyard.. you see why we were able to win? How much you think Gore goes for outta high school today? Sean and Dre would be a million combine without thinking about it. It’s bs bc we’re the only school in the whole **** south that had sanctions for 3 years before they finally botched the **** thing. Then they still gave us 3 additional years, for getting in Tootsies for free? Man let’s knock it off with the bs. Remember when we ran outta gas Richts 2nd year, sanctions had taken their toll. You wonder why USC hadn’t been relevant since the Reggie Bush deal? Smh..

Last edited:

Bags MATTER for the elite kids , but we also need to do our part too and look presentable by not losing to lesser opponents annually. That’s all it is to it

Advertisement
Georgia finished 7th last year, and 2nd the year before that.

We haven't done that in 16 years.

OK, I'm going to LOGICALLY end your ridiculous arguments right here.

Miami could hire Nick Saban tomorrow. We would STILL have a terrible 16-year history. But we would have a FUTURE. I realize I have just cited an EXTREME example, but it is to prove a point.

All of this "what happened in the past", at least for the time period beyond 2 years ago when Manny came aboard, is no longer comparable. Randy and Al are no longer the head coaches.

By your ridiculous analysis, there isn't a single 5-star recruit in the country who should do ANYTHING ELSE than to pick Alabama or Clemson. Any other choice is "illogical". Any other decision is a bad business decision.

That's just insane.

If the kid wants to reopen his recruitment, that is his choice. I am not knocking him FOR THAT. But for you to claim that the ONLY factual, logical, cold, calculating, reasonable choice (taking emotion out of it) is for him to choose Alabama or Clemson is just nuts.

Lots of coaches have moved on from Alabama, and it is VERY possible that they might not be able to replicate their past track record over and over again merely by plugging in new coaches. Clemson is the shiny penny right now, and their coaches have been and will be targeted for bigger and better. Even with the recent track records of Alabama/Clemson, there is no certainty that their past results will equate to future perfection. Everything is a gamble.

Stop recruiting for Alabama and Clemson. We don't care if you UNDERSTAND the decision-making process, but stop RATIONALIZING it and DEFENDING it as the only possible conclusion that the poor, poor downtrodden 5-star kid can come to.

Skimming through this thread, I initially thought @DMoney had sustained some weird form of stroke that allowed him to continue typing, but turned everything he typed into crazy talk. I mean, a decommit and 2020 reclassification on the same day, plus Harris telling Ivins that his "dad just wanted [him] to open up [his] options and see what all these schools have to offer," and D was claiming bags aren't the problem? Seems like open and obvious bag circumstances...

But then it dawned on me... Site Traffic! Glorious stacks upon stacks of advertising revenue.

So I want to applaud @DMoney for his genius rantings throughout this thread and the site traffic they have generated. I have not witnessed such a well-executed heel turn since The Nature Boy turned on Sting. Kudos.
As for D$ being click-astute... He’s considering shutting down the most popular thread in CIS history if we lose on 8/24 so there’s that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back