Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve had one good season in 15 years. And that season ended with a three game-losing streak.

That year, we signed two five stars and finished with a Top 7 class.
What’s your definition of a good season? If it’s 9 plus wins we did that 6 times in the last 15 years.

Advertisement
No Brock, we won't. Just because we get a few good players at a specific position of need, doesn't mean we'll be fine, while the elite of the elite chase the bag. EVERY YEAR

This, we'll nab a few great players every cycle. But the idea to get to Clemson and Bama's level is to hit on these prospects more and consistently in every cycle.

As much as this pains me, I do agree with D Money on this. If you are looking at this as a business decision and exclude emotion, it is hard for the kid to choose Miami overs Clemson, Alabama or UGA. We have to win, become relevant again. If he were my son, I can’t say with 100% certainty that I could choose Miami. His goals are simple, win a Natty, and get drafted in the 1st round. We can’t reasonably guarantee either.

Extremely well said. Everyone is just mad for the sake of being mad right now. This kind of **** sucks, especially when you believe the vicious cycle of not having the bags to compete and needing to win to get the kids we need in order to win. @DMoney is right, doesn't mean we have to like it, haha.

Advertisement
Donnell Harris isn’t looking at Arthur Brown and thinking “**** if he didn’t get developed at Miami, how will I?!”

This is one of Miami’s biggest problems. Harris has no one he can point to and say, “I want to be that guy.”

These other schools have produced college superstars who go first round. We haven’t done that in years.

No Brock, we won't. Just because we get a few good players at a specific position of need, doesn't mean we'll be fine, while the elite of the elite chase the bag. EVERY YEAR
I’m talking about in that specific situation of missing out on those 2

So he suddenly became a 2020 kid while on a bus ride through Georgia? Kids don't suddenly reclassify to an earlier year without planning for it well in advance unless schools have changed the way they do things.
I don't know if it happened while he was on the bus, in the *******, or while he was walking down the street. You obviously don't know when it happened either. I do doubt he knew he was going to be reclassified back in Jan. Grow up man

Advertisement
Extremely well said. Everyone is just mad for the sake of being mad right now. This kind of **** sucks, especially when you believe the vicious cycle of not having the bags to compete and needing to win to get the kids we need in order to win. @DMoney is right, doesn't mean we have to like it, haha.

How's DMoney right? If it's in terms of winning a national title, then yeah, Clemson or Bama is obviously the way to go. But it looks like he may be going to UGA. What have they won?

In terms of getting drafted, that's where DMoney's getting absolutely filleted. Because you don't have to go to either of the aforementioned schools to be in the 1st round. You just have to be that talented, with the proper development.

DMoney's literally campaigning for elite kids to not come to Miami. If you're okay with that, then I can't help you.

Wait. You mean a guy that runs a Hurricanes site and claims to be a diehard fan, is campaigning for elite kids to go elsewhere. Tell me this isn't so.

I think we are going to beat Florida, become the hottest program in the country, sign Donnell Harris and get James Williams to recommit.

But that hasn’t happened yet.

So on one hand you've got Dmoney claiming these kids are smart and strategic for being so knowledgeable in making their decisions to ditch Miami, then on the other hand you are saying they are basically ignorant and taking a simplistic, but inaccurate approach.
I’m not sure where I called them ignorant but whatever fits your narrative I suppose. I’m just saying that while you and I know the reasons why JJ wasn’t drafted as high as many were claiming he would be, especially after his freshman year, a HS kid isn’t going to be examining why JJ was drafted so low but is only going to be concerned with the fact he was drafted low

Advertisement
This is one of Miami’s biggest problems. Harris has no one he can point to and say, “I want to be that guy.”

These other schools have produced college superstars who go first round. We haven’t done that in years.

How about Olivier Vernon or Calais Campbell who are among the highest paid DEs in the league? You mentioned Arthur Brown in your argument, so I'm guessing it's okay for me to go back that far as well.

You can literally say that about every 5 star kid then. Why is Demond Demas committed to A&M? Why is Turner Corcoran committed to Nebraska? Why is Justin Rogers committed to UK? Why is Marshawn Lloyd committed to South Carolina? These schools have sucked longer than us without as good history.
@DMoney Answer this please. Nebraska is coming off a ****** season and is selling nothing but hope. UK had one relevant season since what? South Carolina is the epitome of a mediocre program.

Advertisement
You are making my argument for me. We have the most active NFL players at DE without a first rounder. What does that tell you? We are taking talented players and making them look worse.

I agree that things have been better recently. But during that time period, Alabama and Georgia have been winning championships and pumping out multiple DL first rounders.

If you take emotion out of it, as of June 2019, he should go to Clemson. The beauty of football is that we have time to change that.

Recruiters have been pounding south fl since the beginning of time as well. So how come we could keep kids like Willie Williams, Kenny Phillips, Charlie Jones, Bobby Washington, Tyrone Moss, Andre Johnson and Devin Hester
This is the part of my response to you that you obviously didn't understand. The fact that back in those days :

Back then recruiters had to ride into those neighborhoods to make contact. There was no internet, everyone didn't have a cell phone, people actually had to sack up and have relationsihps with the HS coaches and go into the community to recruit a kid. That's not the case anymore. Now a days you can pay the grifters and street agents peanuts to deliver kids to your doorstep to make the pressure pitch.

Do you see the difference now or do you just want to continue

Not matter if joe Jackson went to Miami or somewhere else, his draft stock would have been limited due to testing at almost a deficient level athletically for a dend

Hey D, my only question is why commit in the 1st place, all of what you are saying is well known to begin with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back