Arthur Brown
Marcus Forston
Brandon Harris
Seantrel Henderson
Anthony Chickillo
Duke Johnson
Tracy Howard
Chad Thomas
Will YOU acknowledge that every one of those athletes was before Richt except Chad Thomas who gained all his draft stock his senior year with Diaz?

Will YOU acknowledge with the exception of Chad Thomas, none of those guys have any correlation to a defensive end recruit in 2020 during the Diaz regime?

Donnell Harris isn’t looking at Arthur Brown and thinking “**** if he didn’t get developed at Miami, how will I?!”

Advertisement
Welp... are any of you surprised? It's the norm for high rated kids that commit to Miami early.

He's good, but is he ready to come in next season? Better yet, what would he be ranked compared to kids in the 2020 class?

It is what it is... my main take away...

LETS. STOP. BLAMING. THE. STAFF.

We can't beat the bags. It wouldn't matter if Butch, Mario, Richt or Jimmy Johnson was at the helm.

It doesn't matter if its Banda, Rumph or ******* Ed Reed as the position coach. These are 17-year-old kids being offered 100's of thousands of dollars.

We need to support these coaches, stop hating and start appreciating that they get back in the ring and fight for the next kid in line and that they are willing to use methods like the Portal to find top talent at all costs,

I'm tired of this ****. But I won't ever blame the coaches and nor should anyone else.

Do you think players were being bought in the late 90s early 2000s
Sure do. They've been bought since the beginning of time. However the player used to be bought, not the whole family like is happening now.

Back then recruiters had to ride into those neighborhoods to make contact. There was no internet, everyone didn't have a cell phone, people actually had to sack up and have relationsihps with the HS coaches and go into the community to recruit a kid. That's not the case anymore. Now a days you can pay the grifters and street agents peanuts to deliver kids to your doorstep to make the pressure pitch.

These kids want the best of both worlds get paid to play college football and win. There only a few teams to offer those incentives and we know who they are.

Advertisement
He said he wants to win a national championship and go to the next level. We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

This one is simple to me. He wants to be here but he won't commit until he is confident in Miami's future. . If we win and get momentum, guys like this will be jumping in the boat. It's not always about bags.

How many times are people gonna say if we win and get momentum? There has been zero proof since Miami started its football program that we’ve landed 5 star kids bc we’ve won. We win 10 games and are the hottest ticket in America before losing to end the year. To me that sets up the best pitch you can have. “We are close we just need elite kids like you to get us over the top.” Guess what, that didn’t work either with SFL’s very best.

For the most part it will never work. For some reason It takes a special kid to be highly rated from Miami and stay in Miami

Of course we don't give him a better chance at winning a Natty.....BECAUSE he and those like him keep choosing Clemson, Alabama, etc. based on the easy path and yes, the bags. But if that's the end-all-be-all for him, then he's not much of a competitor. He just wants to jump on the winning horse so he can claim he won. Not much different than some lowly walk on getting to flash the Natty ring around. Congrats. Great job by him.

As far as first rounders, yes, they have twice as many...because the better recruits, including SFL recruits, go there. If they came to Miami, it would be reversed.
Here is my problem with this argument. You say kids go to Clemson and Bama for the “easy” path. Isn’t that what the kids in the early 2000s classes were doing here? We were pulling kids from Cali, Texas, New Jersey and Louisiana. Recruits have been choosing schools for the same reasons for 25 years and nothing has changed but the names

Advertisement
Ya I been saying this. I know bag talk is the new thing or whatever but I’m telling you we win and start consistently getting our name in the playoff talks Miami has so much potential to be booming just these 7-6 seasons ain’t gonna cut it . PRIME EXAMPLE. 2018 recruiting class. We balled that year and pulled a lot of guys in. Even if we just get in the playoffs and lose the first game kids are gonna jump on our boat . We got everything kids want but actually winning.

The 2018 class wasn’t as special on paper as people hype it up to be. I personally loved it, but we won and still didn’t pull the top players from SFL. It’s not about winning, stop lying to yourselves

How many times are people gonna say if we win and get momentum? There has been zero proof since Miami started its football program that we’ve landed 5 star kids bc we’ve won. We win 10 games and are the hottest ticket in America before losing to end the year. To me that sets up the best pitch you can have. “We are close we just need elite kids like you to get us over the top.” Guess what, that didn’t work either with SFL’s very best.

For the most part it will never work. For some reason It takes a special kid to be highly rated from Miami and stay in Miami

We’ve had one good season in 15 years. And that season ended with a three game-losing streak.

That year, we signed two five stars and finished with a Top 7 class.

Reactions: DTP
Sure do. They've been bought since the beginning of time. However the player used to be bought, not the whole family like is happening now.

Back then recruiters had to ride into those neighborhoods to make contact. There was no internet, everyone didn't have a cell phone, people actually had to sack up and have relationsihps with the HS coaches and go into the community to recruit a kid. That's not the case anymore. Now a days you can pay the grifters and street agents peanuts to deliver kids to your doorstep to make the pressure pitch.
Recruiters have been pounding south fl since the beginning of time as well. So how come we could keep kids like Willie Williams, Kenny Phillips, Charlie Jones, Bobby Washington, Tyrone Moss, Andre Johnson and Devin Hester

Advertisement
Will YOU acknowledge that every one of those athletes was before Richt except Chad Thomas who gained all his draft stock his senior year with Diaz?

Will YOU acknowledge with the exception of Chad Thomas, none of those guys have any correlation to a defensive end recruit in 2020 during the Diaz regime?

Donnell Harris isn’t looking at Arthur Brown and thinking “**** if he didn’t get developed at Miami, how will I?!”

Also, in terms of Duke Johnson. He set records while at Miami and got drafted in the 3rd. Duek's just not meant to be an every down back and that's why he wasn't drafted in the 1st round. He's still having a solid career.

But a majority of those guys are from the Al Golden era.

Let me end this silly point, because it keeps coming up:

Miami has signed 8 composite five stars since 2008. Zero of them were drafted first round. Zero. Three were undrafted, and two were late round picks.

Alabama has signed 25 composite five stars since 2008. Twelve of them went first round. That's almost fifty percent. And many of the others were second rounders.

People need to stop being emotional and look at this like adults. We have a fifteen year track record of wasting talent. We need to prove ourselves to these kids. They don't owe us anything. It's their future.
Bro... you're asking porsters on this board to act like adults? Come on man! Haha, I'm kidding.

If we signed a class like 2018 every year I would be happy.

Advertisement
We got the one elite kid we NEEDED from that school in Nesta as elite dt recruits hadn’t come often from south Florida and we got him. We fielded a top ranked secondary without those 5 stars or even a single top 200 recruit in the secondary, we will be fine
No Brock, we won't. Just because we get a few good players at a specific position of need, doesn't mean we'll be fine, while the elite of the elite chase the bag. EVERY YEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back