Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where is the Natty and the first round DL picks? Didn't they have a couple of 5 stars draft eligible this past year that didn't get drafted?

Do you think Miami, as of now, gives him a better chance of winning a natty than Georgia? Is it even close?

And they've produced twice as many first rounders as us since 2013.

This is not a fun argument to make, but it's an easy one. It's facts versus emotion.

Advertisement
Rather than countering your argument ( who were these 8 can’t-miss five stars anyway?) I’ll say: You’re right.

Five stars should not come to Miami because we don’t develop them.

Put it on twitter and make sure everyone sees it.

In fact put it on the site masthead: RECRUITS don’t come to Miami - we don’t develop talent.
Yet the threat to shut “Gator Tears” if we don’t beat the gaytors on 8/24 still looms. SMH

We just need to win.. that is the answer that will combat all the bags ...just win baby

Believe we are on the right track

Do you think Miami, as of now, gives him a better chance of winning a natty than Georgia? Is it even close?

This is not a fun argument to make, but it's an easy one. It's facts versus emotion.
Clemson gives him the best chance of everyone. Why not just go there then by that logic?

Advertisement
Miami will not win a Battle of The Bags. We should be accustomed to this by now.

That's because they're buying players, which is what the board is saying....Dmoney keeps saying that's not it it's all about natty's and 1st round picks.
Do you think players were being bought in the late 90s early 2000s

He said he wants to win a national championship and go to the next level. We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

This one is simple to me. He wants to be here but he won't commit until he is confident in Miami's future. . If we win and get momentum, guys like this will be jumping in the boat. It's not always about bags.

Ok captain Save a hoe. He got bought.

Elite talent doesn’t get recruited. They get bought.

Advertisement

Of course we don't give him a better chance at winning a Natty.....BECAUSE he and those like him keep choosing Clemson, Alabama, etc. based on the easy path and yes, the bags. But if that's the end-all-be-all for him, then he's not much of a competitor. He just wants to jump on the winning horse so he can claim he won. Not much different than some lowly walk on getting to flash the Natty ring around. Congrats. Great job by him.

As far as first rounders, yes, they have twice as many...because the better recruits, including SFL recruits, go there. If they came to Miami, it would be reversed.

TenseDetailedBee-size_restricted.gif

But if that's the end-all-be-all for him, then he's not much of a competitor. He just wants to jump on the winning horse so he can claim he won.

This is another common argument that makes no sense. He's not a competitor if he goes to Alabama, Clemson or Georgia? He's competing with five stars up and down the depth chart.

Advertisement
I certainly think it’s the player in this case. But kids don’t think like the fans do. They have more in life to do than obsess over college players. All they see is a guy that was being hyped up after his freshman year as a first round pick only to be drafted in the 5th
So on one hand you've got Dmoney claiming these kids are smart and strategic for being so knowledgeable in making their decisions to ditch Miami, then on the other hand you are saying they are basically ignorant and taking a simplistic, but inaccurate approach.

I would argue that no, their chance of winning a natty isn't that great. Kirby has had 2 GOLDEN opportunites and he ****ed them both away. What makes you think he will get any better. I mean coaching decisions has led to UGA not winning a title and nothing else.

Ok how many of those first rounders were on the DL? HOw many of those 5 start DLs were first rounders since 2013? Were they developed by Rocker or their guy there now Scott? Seems to me their DL coach now is a dude who has vastly under developed his players, but don't let that stop you.

I find it funny you throw out these simple numbers when trying to make your UGA slurpin look like it's warranted, but they don't hold us. Keep trying tho

You keep making the (correct) argument for why elite kids should be wary of committing to Miami in the first place, but ignore the kids who are using the Miami commitment to stepstone to other offer$. Because in these cases, bags absolutely are a factor.

Advertisement
Spare me all the BS about Miami not being a big winner or competing for natty's or producing first rounders. They weren't doing any of that 6 months ago when this kid committed. He just had a change of heart? All of the sudden those things became important to him when they obviously weren't before? Let's be real. This kid got paid. I'm not the dude that blames "bags" for every recruiting failure either. Just have to move along and grab teh next available guy. We were counting him towards 2021 anyway so that gives the staff time to nab someone else.

This is another common argument that makes no sense. He's not a competitor if he goes to Alabama, Clemson or Georgia? He's competing with five stars up and down the depth chart.
You are the one making the argument that they go there to win a Natty. The reason they are so assured of winning one there is because they all keep going there. How about going somewhere where you are a key reason that they win the Natty, instead of going somewhere where you can just ride the wave to the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back