Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense. JJ didn't get drafted late because he was at Miami instead of Clemson. He got drafted later because the NFL scouts weren't that impressed with what they saw in the combines with his physical ability and versatility. This is why he got drafted later compared to the higher draft picks at his position (many of which came from SMALLER programs than Miami):

Weaknesses
  • Tight in his hips
  • Doesn't press and extend to separate
  • Slow to rid himself off blockers who get into him
  • Not very instinctive
  • Plays with some pad elevation
  • Short-stepper lacks range as a tackler
  • Heavy feet and lacks fluidity to play in space
  • Slow-twitch rusher with no go-to counters
  • Would benefit with better early hands to set up tackles

Exactly. People think that all of these kids that go into college are on the same scale. Some are just more gifted athletically. JJ wasn't going to get drafted based on pure athleticism. It was what was between the ears and that's why he'll be solid going forward.

Advertisement
You’re missing the point. They are at least in contention. We have sucked. We’re not a good program and haven’t been. All these kids have seen from this team is failure
Actually you're missing the point in your effort to defend Dmoney. He was saying it's all about natty's and 1st round chances. UGA hasn't done any of that lately except at RB and OL (where pittman has been cranking out 1st rounders out of nothing for years). He then moved the goalposts. Just admit what is obvious and stop trying to defend a ****** point

Nonsense. JJ didn't get drafted late because he was at Miami instead of Clemson. He got drafted later because the NFL scouts weren't that impressed with what they saw in the combines with his physical ability and versatility. This is why he got drafted later compared to the higher draft picks at his position (many of which came from SMALLER programs than Miami):

Weaknesses
  • Tight in his hips
  • Doesn't press and extend to separate
  • Slow to rid himself off blockers who get into him
  • Not very instinctive
  • Plays with some pad elevation
  • Short-stepper lacks range as a tackler
  • Heavy feet and lacks fluidity to play in space
  • Slow-twitch rusher with no go-to counters
  • Would benefit with better early hands to set up tackles
You listed 9 weaknesses and five of them could’ve been developed while he was here

Let me end this silly point, because it keeps coming up:

Miami has signed 8 composite five stars since 2008. Zero of them were drafted first round. Zero. Three were undrafted, and two were late round picks.

Alabama has signed 25 composite five stars since 2008. Twelve of them went first round. That's almost fifty percent. And many of the others were second rounders.

People need to stop being emotional and look at this like adults. We have a fifteen year track record of wasting talent. We need to prove ourselves to these kids. They don't owe us anything. It's their future.

Rather than countering your argument ( who were these 8 can’t-miss five stars anyway?) I’ll say: You’re right.

Five stars should not come to Miami because we don’t develop them.

Put it on twitter and make sure everyone sees it.

In fact put it on the site masthead: RECRUITS don’t come to Miami - we don’t develop talent.

Advertisement
The first step getting the most out of what we have. We've underachieved for 15 years.

Clemson and Alabama got the most out of what they had. Then they got better players.

Clemson yes, but Alabama got the number 12 class in the country Saban's first year and its been smooth running ever since. They get as much talent as anybody.

Rather than countering your argument ( who were these 8 can’t-miss five stars anyway?) I’ll say: You’re right.

Thanks for acknowledging it. And here are the eight:

Arthur Brown
Marcus Forston
Brandon Harris
Seantrel Henderson
Anthony Chickillo
Duke Johnson
Tracy Howard
Chad Thomas

You listed 9 weaknesses and five of them could’ve been developed while he was here
He worked with some NFL caliber D-line coaches. Coaches viewed far more positively than those at the many smaller schools that put out D-ends into the NFL at earlier rounds. Maybe it's the player, and not the coaches?

Advertisement
Actually you're missing the point in your effort to defend Dmoney. He was saying it's all about natty's and 1st round chances. UGA hasn't done any of that lately except at RB and OL (where pittman has been cranking out 1st rounders out of nothing for years). He then moved the goalposts. Just admit what is obvious and stop trying to defend a ****** point
They’re doing better than we are in both regards than we are they not?

Miami only has 3 more losses than uga in the last 3 years and that’s with Miami having an aberration of a season in 2018. I’m out and been out on this uga “hype” mfs have had blow out losses in each of the 3 seasons since Kirby smart been there in the regular season including to auburn in 2017 and LSU in 2018. Also completely folding vs bama and get thoroughly beaten by Texas.
Right only thing they got on us is the Bag and they play in the SEC

Advertisement
He said he wants to win a national championship and go to the next level. We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

This one is simple to me. He wants to be here but he won't commit until he is confident in Miami's future. . If we win and get momentum, guys like this will be jumping in the boat. It's not always about bags.

Ah yes the I want to win a national championship argument, commonly used as a smokescreen to mask other intentions. Not buying it. Our guys aren't getting drafted high because they aren't that talented, and we aren't winning championships because our players are not that talented. It's not rocket science. If talented players such as Harris come to Miami (since he "IS" Miami this would be the logical place), they would a.) win championships, b.) be drafted in the early rounds. It's not always the check, but sometimes it is the check. Disclaimer: I have no information other than what he has said himself. I remain skeptical of the decommit but yet optimistic that if we win some games he could possibly be persuaded. Doesn't help that he is reclassifying however.

Advertisement
Let's look at other talent rich states if you will real quick, and let me know if these schools in their respective states have really ever had the issues we've had:

USC - California
UT - Texas
LSU - Louisiana

These schools at one point were elite like us. LSU is still solid, but they've had some shaky years near the end of Miles' tenure going into Orgeron's. But at no point did I recall seeing a cycle that LSU had to deal with the kids we do, or rather the mentality. USC has been a laughing stock since Pete Carrol went to Seattle; still reel in elite classes and criminally underachieves while also not getting drafted. UT looks to just now be getting back at respectable levels. But they've been bad for years, yet they never have to deal with this. And on UT, I've lived in San Antonio and Dallas within the last 5 years. They're of the mindset that UT could be the worst school in the nation in terms of football, and kids would still want to go there because it's their home school.

Five stars should not come to Miami because we don’t develop them.

Put it on twitter and make sure everyone sees it.

In fact put it on the site masthead: RECRUITS don’t come to Miami - we don’t develop talent.
I'm starting to think D Money is actually like S. FL recruits. He just uses miami as a way to enhance himself and get paid. That's why he defends them at every turn.

He worked with some NFL caliber D-line coaches. Coaches viewed far more positively than those at the many smaller schools that put out D-ends into the NFL at earlier rounds. Maybe it's the player, and not the coaches?
I certainly think it’s the player in this case. But kids don’t think like the fans do. They have more in life to do than obsess over college players. All they see is a guy that was being hyped up after his freshman year as a first round pick only to be drafted in the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back