Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Kid is lame for saying he IS Miami if he doesn't end up here. It's ok to make a mistake in committing too early , but it's not ok to claim you're Miami is youre not coming.

Personally, I think this kid actually is Miami and will end up coming here

So when Donnell Harris sits down to watch the NFL Draft, he sees Joe Jackson go in the fifth round. He's already seen three Clemson DL go in the 1st round and one in the 4th round.

We are the ones being emotional. Not the kids. They are being rational. We need to prove that we are the rational decision, and not just the emotional pick.
No, rational is realizing that if they came to the school in the "305" that they pretend to love, then Miami WOULD be going to the playoffs, and they WOULD be getting even more national recognition. What they want is EASY. They want to ride on others' coattails. They want to be guaranteed a playoff spot by just jumping on the loaded team instead of loading up the local team along with other high level SF recruits. As another poster said, the culture in SFL is toxic.

Advertisement
I want him to come here. I'm an emotional message board poster.

But nobody has given me a logical reason, "hometown school" aside, why he should pick Miami over Clemson and Bama. There is none, right now.

That's the irony. Grown men blow these kids up with insults on Twitter and then call them "immature" for making logical decisions.

The logic is you rep the town and school you love, win, and go on to the NFL... end it ain’t happening without kids like this coming here FIRST.

I’m not in favor of blowing up these kids on Twitter, I would never do that, most of the posters here don’t do it.

But I’ve seen this song and dance too many times. It has nothing to do with winning. It has to do with large monetary stipends. Get a clue.

Leonard Floyd was a Top 10 pick. He is much more similar to Harris than anybody we've put out.

Next?
You do know the difference between an outlier and a pattern, right? Floyd would have done that at Georgia State, let alone Georgia.

AJ Green was **** near a decade ago....and that's the only WR they've put in the NFL that even comes to mind. But yeah, on a separate note we have to improve in that area.
They had three drafted this past year. **** you have to go back to 2014 to find a year they didn’t have a receiver drafted

Advertisement
He said he wants to win a national championship and go to the next level. We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

This one is simple to me. He wants to be here but he won't commit until he is confident in Miami's future. . If we win and get momentum, guys like this will be jumping in the boat. It's not always about bags.
Nah ***** that If he wanted to be here he would. Truth is he doesn’t he would rather chase a ring at a school with a better chance at winning. That’s cool and all but don’t give this Miami pride bs while u ride out to some other schools bandwagon lol

Georgia had actually produced Top 10 teams during those kids' lifetimes.

Under a different staff though. The coach that produced that came to Miami and those kids didn't follow him to Miami. For example when urban meyer left florida those kids stopped wanting to go to florida they wanted to go to ohio state.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He said he wants to win a national championship and go to the next level. We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

This one is simple to me. He wants to be here but he won't commit until he is confident in Miami's future. . If we win and get momentum, guys like this will be jumping in the boat. It's not always about bags.
[/
Absolute Bull****! This kid has a very typical mindset for someone of his generation. Taking the easy road of going some where experiencing that level of success rather than trying to be part of the process of building a championship program. Canes success this year doesn’t matter one bit unless they are in the championship.

But nobody has given me a logical reason, "hometown school" aside, why he should pick Miami over Clemson and Bama. There is none, right now.
You can literally say that about every 5 star kid then. Why is Demond Demas committed to A&M? Why is Turner Corcoran committed to Nebraska? Why is Justin Rogers committed to UK? Why is Marshawn Lloyd committed to South Carolina? These schools have sucked longer than us without as good history.

Yeah we gotta Change our approach. Stop allowing early commitments from kids multiple signing days before they sign and just have a policy where you won’t accept commitments until a prospect is done with their junior year of school so May. We GOT to do something because this sh*t obviously isn’t working

For the most part you hate being first in a early commitment for a south Florida recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back