Don Chaney Jr is back

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Other than durability, there is no reason to not give him more burn, especially over Parrish.
Ummm…Parrish was breaking ankles out there last night.

There was nothing gleaned from last night’s game that would have me put Chaney in front of the other 3 backs that played in front of him. I trust the coaches and if he starts to move up in the pecking order then it will be earned. For now, he’s running 4th on the depth chart and I’m assuming that’s based on fall practice, plus scrimmages.

He’s almost certainly a great kid and has overcome a lot of adversity, and clearly is a fan favorite here, but I personally don’t see him as being better than the other backs based on game 1. Without the touchdown run, he averaged 2.5 yards per carry behind the same offensive line that the other guys were averaging 6-10 yards per carry behind. Maybe he’ll emerge as the best back, but it felt like he was an easy tackle, and went down on runs similar to ones the other backs were finding lanes and breaking tackles on.

Other than durability, there is no reason to not give him more burn, especially over Parrish.
This is a very confusing take...

What exactly did he do that made you single out that he should get more burn over Parrish?

Was there another game that took place yesterday, because I thought Henry Parrish lead the team in rush yards?

I really don’t get it with you guys?

What exactly did he do that made you single out that he should get more burn over Parrish?

Was there another game that took place yesterday, because I thought Henry Parrish lead the team in rush yards?

It makes zero sense. The only thing I can think of is that many of these pro-Chaney posters are Belen alums who are biased.

I’m certain Mario and the coaches will play the player(s) who have earned snaps. If Chaney ultimately becomes the starter at some point this season, then I will be the first to cheer him on. But until then, he needs to earn his carries, one rep at a time.

Advertisement
Man I hope he has a great season, but something people always forget, is that your talent in high school - is just that - talent. It still needs to be developed.
At this moment he is three years with out football development, to go along with a littany of injuries in his past.
Personal experience (missed 200 games in three years ((baseball)) that talent may reveal itself in spurts, but it's the constancy that is so challenging to get back.
That to me is going to be his biggest issue.
Talent is for sure there, but as anyone knows who played at a high level, everyone has talent

Parrish is Mr. Consistent , knows his roll and is always prepared.
A must in rotation keeps drive’s alive type player, Fletcher home run hitter at any time !!!

GOCANES

Advertisement

Sentimentality, and I get it. It comes from a good place. Kid has had terrible injury luck, but when healthy, has flashed, so it’s not based on nothing.

But having said that, Parrish looked really good, and he's probably the default guy, at least for now. Fletcher looks like somebody you want getting snaps every game. I hope Chaney continues to improve, though, and that they all shine.

Can't speak for anyone else. But I've never been a Parrish hater. Kid is a stud. All our RBs are studs. I'm just more of a Chaney fan. Have been since I saw his HS tape and he had a few breakout runs his true freshman year before getting injured.

To your point, there was nothing that I saw that truly separated the 4 runners during the game. If anything, by my calculus, Fletcher ran the best, followed by Parrish, Allen and Chaney. I rank Chaney last because his pop came after we'd worn down that team and they were on their last gasp. But I firmly believe Chaney will keep getting better, and I personally think he has the highest ceiling. A little bit of confidence goes a long way. Which is why I'm so happy he had that one breakout TD run.

What impresses me so much about these four guys is that none of them seem selfish, they genuinely seem to enjoy playing together and supporting each other. Maybe Dawson can figure out a way to get al of them burn and all of them into the League? I hope so.

Advertisement
Back