Don Chaney 2020 (video)

Advertisement
Advertisement
For those fools with short memories that like to talk ****. Here's what our last great back looked like as a TF. I think what Chaney lacks in short area burst and long speed he can make up for in strength and toughness. Duke was bad though and doesn't get enough credit for how good he was right out the gate.

Last edited:
For those fools with short memories that like to talk ****. Here's what our last great back looked like as a TF. I think what Chaney lacks in short area burst and long speed he can make up for in strength and toughness. Duke was bad though and doesn't get enough credit for how good he was right out the gate.
There is an interview video somewhere before that season where Art Kehoe was telling a reporter they asked Duke to take it easy with his cuts because he was breaking defenders ankles...

Advertisement

He's extremely fast in this area. He ran a 10.84 and 11.08 in the 100M. Thats pretty dam fast.

i will never forget his performance at Boston College his first year. They said before the game he was "special". what they didn't say was that he was REALLY F@CKING SPECIAL. our most talented and effective runner in 15 years. he had everything, vision, cuts, speed, quickness, avoidance skills, pass blocking, intelligence, catching abilities, leadership etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i will never forget his performance at Boston College his first year. They said before the game he was "special". what they didn't say was that he was REALLY F@CKING SPECIAL. our most talented and effective runner in 15 years. he had everything, vision, cuts, speed, quickness, avoidance skills, pass blocking, intelligence, catching abilities, leadership etc.
Fun watching him run too.

Uhhh did you see his high school highlights where he's running away from people on almost every play?
Watch the play in his highlight at 1:39. Then watch 5 similar housecalls in Duke's tape. All I'm sayin. He didn't crease a defense with blistering acceleration and/or crazy top end speed. Not once all season did he hit a crease and go and leave guys whiffing . Doesn't mean he can't or he won't just that I didn't see it outta him in his freshman highlight. Don't get me wrong lotsa good and a lot to be excited about but I hated the amount of trash people talked about Duke while he was here and since he's left and I'm not going to blindly hop on the Chaney hypetrain without perspective.

As Miami fans we should know what elite really looks like and when I saw that tape I said really good maybe even great but lookin at Dukes highlight it is hard to argue Chaney looks more explosive and dynamic.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back