Don Brown to Michigan

This is probably the least informed post I have read on any Canes board EVER.

Don Browns defensive scheme is more aggressive than any defense we have had hear since the early 1990s. He is a savage of the HIGHEST order.

Just becuase you disagree with him doesn't mean he's Ill informed

I won't stake my side of the Don brown argument but it is true that Boston College played a pop Warner schedule this year and you could still can fit the amount of wins on one hand. We will probably get a better idea of how good Don brown is after Michigan

This is why he's making a lateral move to another coordinator spot at a bigger school than a head coaching position I would imagine. I'm not sure he's proved himself yet to everyone

Excuse me???? Brown isn't the HC. The wins and loss record has nothing to do with his [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] in a dozen categories defense. BCs offense is putrid. It makes his defensive numbers even more impressive.

BC played FSU, Notre Dame, AND Clemson this season. He played a tougher schedule than Bama did and had better defensive stats across the board than the "genius" Saban and his army of 5 star recruits.

Again, you have NO CLUE what you are talking about. Also, BC to Michigan is not a lateral move. It's a second tier to major brand program big step up.

your message board posts don't equate to real football IQ!

The "the offense was putrid" EXCUSE, you knew it was coming! If he was a savage he'd be in the NFL and not bouncing from Ivy League schools to Maryland, UMass, Uconn and BC... All basketball schools!!!!!

With the exception of Clemson, BC didn't play one elite Offense. FSU (who was a one trick pony) coming off of losing a NFL #1 draft pick and ND had about 4-5 turnovers plus their offense was very inconsistent ALL YEAR were the only two even remotely close to Clemson.

You have NO CLUE what you're talking about and saying that BC's schedule was tougher than Alabamas shows just how stupid, arrogant and illiterate you are! Then trying to discredit Alabamas defense, THE NUMBER 3 defense in the country only 2 spots below BC! Lmfao you're a biased, idiot. I hate talking football w people like you.

Guys like you like to use numbers hence me saying you don't let lawyers and accountants hire coaches. You're basing your "tougher schedule" argument off of "Top 25" matchups (preseason rankings are a crock of **** just like your argument) guys like me see what the product on the field is.. They won 3 games!!!! In the Acc! With their only 3 wins coming to Maine, Howard and Norther Illinois! A dominant defense would've squeezed out AT LEAST 6 wins.

Playing other PUTRID offenses in cuse (121st), Wake (116th), Va. Tech (96th), MD (88th), Louisville (61st), Nc. state (65th) is grounds to have ELITE NUMBERS defensively. Especially when these teams rely heavily on the run due to horrid Qb play.

Last year D'Onofrio had a top 15 defense and we know that was skewed!

My whole point was D. Brown is a good fit for that northern, slow paced, pound the rock football teams and that's exactly what Harbaugh wants to do. Minimize opponents offensive possessions.

You typed a whole lot of nothing here. You are some kinds of stupid. :black_eyed:

You read it... And you learned a lot.

Trust me, I know you did.

Advertisement
This is how guys like Al Golden get hired in the wrong place , you get a bunch of esquires and accountants making football decisions.

They're turned on by what someone did w lesser talent and their Ivy League/white collar backgrounds so it must mean he's really smart and can do it here. You give him nicknames such as "The Don" until then you realize maybe you outsmarted yourself. Maybe this guy just doesn't fit THIS BRAND OF FOOTBALL!

Don Brown is a good DC but hasn't coached a down of football south of Pennylvania. He fits that brand of football! His scheme fits that type of athlete. That means something!

BC is a read and react team , I don't need google.. I've got my eyes and have been watching them nearly 20 years since Big East days . They play the same style of football Al & D'Onofrio wanted run ... Slow the ball down offensively and limit opponents offensive possessions. Prevent the big play and win "money downs".

If your schedule consists of playing Maine, Massachusetts, Howard, Wake Forest, Northern Illinois, Duke and Syracuse (not including his days at UAss and Connecticut) and you can't field a top 10-15 defense then you shouldn't be coaching.. A true DOMINANT defense would've helped win more than 3 games.

**** Even D'Onofrio fielded a "top 15" defense once!

Good coach is Don Brown but give me a coach who's coached this TYPE football before. He fits that northern brand of football! So does Al Golden!

Don Browns defensive scheme is more aggressive than any defense we have had hear since the early 1990s. He is a savage of the HIGHEST order.
Yep. And last time I checked, Harbaugh isn't an Ivy League attorney or accountant. He's one of the highest paid and best HCs in football with a long history of hiring superior assistants. He loves Brown too.

I'd love to know what football decisions iLIKEDADE has been entrusted with. Surely, some esquire or accountant will recognize his football acumen or gridiron genius and let him turn around a Pop Warner team.

Again, you and franchise where the same ones who named Al Golden "The Don"! Your board buddies might forget but I saw it. You made Al out to be a God at one point.

You're franchises #1 butt buddy, where ever franchise is you'll be sure to find Ibiz .. the same guys who said D'Onofrio would have our defense "eating faces" and left another board cause you were too prideful and couldn't eat your crow. Now you lead the "F A G" crew over here...

He's a good coach but His brand of football, just like Goldens, doesn't fit Miami. He's been associated w that northern style footbal for 40-50 years. I'll pass!

PS. Even if I coached pop Warner it's still more than you've ever done on a field. I'm certain of that! You probably got a degree from a private university, maybe even Miami so naturally you think you're smarter than the game itself. You probably could teach Belicheck a thing or two, too.

I thought that Al Golden was going to be a good coach at UM. I admit that I was completely wrong about it. I've never tried to back away from that prediction and I never will.

LOL@your explanation why I left the other board. I left the other board in October or November of 2012, when Folden was in his second year. I wouldn't have had to eat crow at that point. I left that board because I was not a fan of some of the people running the board or some of the posters over there. While there were some good posters and moderators, they couldn't overcome the stench of some of the other posters over there.

What does it mean to be associated with "that northern style of football"? Did he coach "northern style football", or was he just "associated" with it?

And you know that I have two degrees from private universities including a law degree from UM. I don't know what it means to be "smarter than the game itself," but I know that I am smarter and more accomplished at everything than you.

Wouldn't surprise me if sherrer is the dc.

Please no..He is a traditional 3-4 guy

"Brown's defense is a good match to pair with pound the rock slow paced teams which is what Harbaugh wants to do".

except BC had one of the lowest Time of Possession rankings in the nation. Meaning his defense was able to be tops in the nation despite having to be on the field a ton, and not having the luxury of a pound the rock slow paced offense.

He put these numbers up on a team with no 5 star studs, no future NFL players, and kids who actually have to go to class. And his defensive style? One of the most aggressive you will see. It's a speed based, 4-3 single gap concept, with tight matchup coverage and a ton of 6 man pressures. It's a ****ing amazing defense that we would have been extremely lucky to have here.

Yep. And last time I checked, Harbaugh isn't an Ivy League attorney or accountant. He's one of the highest paid and best HCs in football with a long history of hiring superior assistants. He loves Brown too.

I'd love to know what football decisions iLIKEDADE has been entrusted with. Surely, some esquire or accountant will recognize his football acumen or gridiron genius and let him turn around a Pop Warner team.

Again, you and franchise where the same ones who named Al Golden "The Don"! Your board buddies might forget but I saw it. You made Al out to be a God at one point.

You're franchises #1 butt buddy, where ever franchise is you'll be sure to find Ibiz .. the same guys who said D'Onofrio would have our defense "eating faces" and left another board cause you were too prideful and couldn't eat your crow. Now you lead the "F A G" crew over here...

He's a good coach but His brand of football, just like Goldens, doesn't fit Miami. He's been associated w that northern style footbal for 40-50 years. I'll pass!

PS. Even if I coached pop Warner it's still more than you've ever done on a field. I'm certain of that! You probably got a degree from a private university, maybe even Miami so naturally you think you're smarter than the game itself. You probably could teach Belicheck a thing or two, too.

I thought that Al Golden was going to be a good coach at UM. I admit that I was completely wrong about it. I've never tried to back away from that prediction and I never will.

LOL@your explanation why I left the other board. I left the other board in October or November of 2012, when Folden was in his second year. I wouldn't have had to eat crow at that point. I left that board because I was not a fan of some of the people running the board or some of the posters over there. While there were some good posters and moderators, they couldn't overcome the stench of some of the other posters over there.

What does it mean to be associated with "that northern style of football"? Did he coach "northern style football", or was he just "associated" with it?

And you know that I have two degrees from private universities including a law degree from UM. I don't know what it means to be "smarter than the game itself," but I know that I am smarter and more accomplished at everything than you.
Oh sheeeet, I've got 3 degrees from private universities, including 2 law degrees, but that doesn't make me football smarter than everyone else... it just means I took out more school loans.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back