Don’t Forget, this is year SIX for Manny

The Svengali

Sophomore
False information
Let’s just be clear. This is year 6 for Manny, so we know exactly who he is.

Big gaping holes in the defense that allow marginal teams to move the ball, gets pounded on the ground and in the air by good teams, gets comically embarrassed by very good teams, gets nuked by great teams.

In 6 years, the coaches have all changed, the offensive system has changed multiple times, yet we have the same product. After SIX years, the common denominator is Manny Díaz.

When Richt hired him I said it was a mistake and we’re seeing it now. Never in the history of college football has a failed and fired coordinator on the way up, been a successful HC afterwards.

[Nope. This was completely unnecessary.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Let’s just clear. This is year 6 for Manny, so we know exactly who he is.

Big gaping holes in the defense that allow marginal teams move the ball, gets pounded on the ground and in the air by good teams, gets comically embarrassed by very good teams, gets nuked by great teams.

In 6 years, the coaches have all changed, the offensive system has changed multiple times, yet we have the same product. After SIX years, the common denominator is Manny Díaz.

When Richt hired him I said it was a mistake and we’re seeing it now. Never in the history of college football has a failed and fired coordinator on the way up, been a successful HC afterwards.

And don’t for get, we now know Richt was suffering from Parkinson’s when he hired Manny Díaz, so there is that to consider
we dont know he was suffering when he hired Manny. in fairness, I dont love manny's defense but it was super productive for 2 years and he couldn't even get a holding call. that being said, I wanted to give butch another run.

Big gaping holes in the defense that allow marginal teams move the ball, gets pounded on the ground and in the air by good teams, gets comically embarrassed by very good teams, gets nuked by great teams.

And don’t for get, we now know Richt was suffering from Parkinson’s when he hired Manny Díaz, so there is that to consider
You had me all the way until the last paragraph. Easy there, bud.

Advertisement
we dont know he was suffering when he hired Manny. in fairness, I dont love manny's defense but it was super productive for 2 years and he couldn't even get a holding call. that being said, I wanted to give butch another run.
My point is it possibly impacted Richts decision making

I don’t blame Manny for being Manny. None of us would turn down a job we are not qualified for. Most people say yes and then try to figure it out. Mark Richt left us with a literal blank check, and our admin turned it over to Manny. That’s the issue

An overrated defensive coordinator that was fired in that capacity once before . Couple the fact he can’t recruit or evaluate well and we’re where we’re currently at . He also has a horrible eye for picking assistants since he’s now on his second crappy offensive coordinator. Other than all that , he’s a **** of a corch

Advertisement
You had me all the way until the last paragraph. Easy there, bud.
My point was having Parkinson’s May have impacted Richts decision making, which could’ve contributed to the Manny hire. There were better DC hires out there. Díaz has always been a bad to mediocre DC at every stop. He was fired midway through the season by a previous employer only a few years prior to taking this job

Last edited:

Amen brother! I scream this to the idiots on here who are always “it’s only year 3 bro” “ he needs more time to learn how to recruit his own team bro”. Smh really mutherfvckers?! Well by that logic since he’s been here six years fully on the defensive side, then that is his team and why is that side still can’t play proper fundament contain and gap integrity defense? Also the position he has been solely responsible for coaching/recruiting (line backer) is the least talented and least disciplined group on the ******* team! Our linebackers follow no keys whatsoever. And I know what keys to look for as I played the position in college. Why is that slurpers? And I don’t mean low level power five talented, I’m talking about group of five talent at best in the linebacker room. That’s all
On manny in the last 6 years. And we actually think this guy is gonna
Make the rest of the team better? Lmao we have a better chance at Haley’s comet coming early before that happens.

My point was having Parkinson’s May have impacted Richts decision making, which could’ve contributed to the Manny hire. There were better DC hires out there. Díaz has always been a bad to mediocre DC at every stop. He was fired midway through the season by a previous employee only a few years prior to taking this job
I get it but you’re reaching here considering we do not know what Richt’s conditions were at that time. He probably wouldn’t have been diagnosed. It’s a pointless point which devalues the rest of your good points.

Advertisement
We’ve had more TO chains than meaningful quality wins.
That guy is all gimmick, point blank, period. Turnover chains, TD rings, coach speak. Gimmick, gimmick, gimmick! Turnover chain out when down 27 and getting embarrassed, and TD rings out down 32! WTF are we seeing?!?!

Hes overcompensating because he’s never played the game, didn’t grow up around the game, was a fan that never even thought about coaching until in his 20’s…used his fathers connections to get him the GA gig at FSU, parlayed that into coaching linebackers ever though he never played, taken a hit or taken a hit or know anything about instincts or angles, fired for cause from Texas for being a dreadful DC.

How in the fugg is this guy the HC at the University of Miami? It’s nuts

Advertisement
That guy is all gimmick, point blank, period. Turnover chains, TD rings, coach speak. Gimmick, gimmick, gimmick! Turnover chain out when down 27 and getting embarrassed, and TD rings out down 32! WTF are we seeing?!?!

Hes overcompensating because he’s never played the game, didn’t grow up around the game, was a fan that never even thought about coaching until in his 20’s…used his fathers connections to get him the GA gig at FSU, parlayed that into coaching linebackers ever though he never played, taken a hit or taken a hit or know anything about instincts or angles, fired for cause from Texas for being a dreadful DC.

How in the fugg is this guy the HC at the University of Miami? It’s nuts

If Manny had the balls, he should have grabbed the chain, shoved it back in the case, and thrown the case in sideline trashcan in full sight of the TV cameras... just for drama.

That would have been epic and that would have been shown on greatest sports clips right up there with Bobby Knight and the chair or Pat Reilly and the head in the water bucket.

Amen brother! I scream this to the idiots on here who are always “it’s only year 3 bro” “ he needs more time to learn how to recruit his own team bro”. Smh really mutherfvckers?! Well by that logic since he’s been here six years fully on the defensive side, then that is his team and why is that side still can’t play proper fundament contain and gap integrity defense? Also the position he has been solely responsible for coaching/recruiting (line backer) is the least talented and least disciplined group on the ******* team! Our linebackers follow no keys whatsoever. And I know what keys to look for as I played the position in college. Why is that slurpers? And I don’t mean low level power five talented, I’m talking about group of five talent at best in the linebacker room. That’s all
On manny in the last 6 years. And we actually think this guy is gonna
Make the rest of the team better? Lmao we have a better chance at Haley’s comet coming early before that happens.
Never forget, the three LBs that actually looked decent at times were actually Al Golden recruits. In 6 years, his best LBs were Al Golden recruits.... That's scary, especially considering the D Golden was running here. Diaz is in way over his head, and has been since his days at Texas.

Never in the history of college football has a failed and fired coordinator on the way up, been a successful HC afterwards.
thats-a-fact-jack.gif

Advertisement
Back