Dominos falling....

Advertisement
If only this situation has been handled correctly months ago...

There will be no season gentlemen. Period!

The only way to be this virus is to shut everything down. In Canada, we are just reopening after having our country shut down for almost 3 months. The fact your governors are just now, reluctantly, drafting mark wearing orders, I dont think we'll see a decrease in cases enough to allow for college sports.

I dont even think conference only play will even work. If you were a player from Virginia, would you want anything to do with ANYONE from Florida right now??

Without an actual shutdown, i think our best hope is a vaccine is developed and approved soon enough for spring ball.

If only this situation has been handled correctly months ago...

There will be no season gentlemen. Period!

The only way to be this virus is to shut everything down. In Canada, we are just reopening after having our country shut down for almost 3 months. The fact your governors are just now, reluctantly, drafting mark wearing orders, I dont think we'll see a decrease in cases enough to allow for college sports.

I dont even think conference only play will even work. If you were a player from Virginia, would you want anything to do with ANYONE from Florida right now??

Without an actual shutdown, i think our best hope is a vaccine is developed and approved soon enough for spring ball.

Yes, the vaccine will solve all of our problems. SMH.

The powers that be already know there isn’t gonna be a season, they just don’t want to say it yet and cause pandemonium. They have to put forth a good effort to try to make it look like they tried to save the season.
Unfortunately I think that the earliest that college sports return is spring of 2022.

Advertisement
They can’t brother, they’re facing financial ruin if they don’t play.

The whole spending house of cards is about to collapse.
Yep. Never anticipated this situation, but I've posted before how CFB was one recession away from major changes given the uncontrolled spending that most programs were engaging in. If the season is cancelled, I could imagine only 50% - 30% of the teams ever resume football.

If the other "base" had followed the govt guidance with distancing, masks, etc., we might not be in the bad situation we currently have.
Yep. Never anticipated this situation, but I've posted before how CFB was one recession away from major changes given the uncontrolled spending that most programs were engaging in. If the season is cancelled, I could imagine only 50% - 30% of the teams ever resume football.
Great observation. Have nephew in football ops at Ohio State. For example, They pay the MAC Schools 1.7 million to come to Columbus. That payday finances a big part of their entire athletic programs. Without that payday those places are in major trouble. Going forward TV might save the power 5 squads, mid majors not so much

If there's NO season then they should let teams play six scrimmages (full pads and contact) in the Rock and let 10,000 fans in the stands at a reduced rate.

Advertisement
If there's NO season then they should let teams play six scrimmages (full pads and contact) in the Rock and let 10,000 fans in the stands at a reduced rate.

why? They are cancelling Bc they don’t want kids playing a contact sport

if they were gonna do that they might as well play

Can’t we just add about 4 teams from the Atlantic to our schedule? BC, Syracuse, and two others?

Advertisement
Advertisement
If it's bad now and we are doing basically nothing to stop it things will only be worse during flu season with no vaccine. Really don't see how playing games from Oct-Nov makes any sense health wise; on its current course the virus will be running roughshod during this time. If we had a collective brain we would have continued with the distancing protocols in place in April or at least some strict variation, starved the virus, and then moved games up to be played beginning in early August. Now we're ****ed. No one to blame but ourselves.

I respectfully disagree; take politics out of it: with no vaccine available, and none on the immediate horizon, Herd Immunity is all we have.

This virus will take its course, no matter what we do, and there will be a toll (Like the flu, Pneumonia, cancer, heart disease, car accident and gunshot deaths). I heard yesterday, the death toll is the lowest its been since the start. But, in the absence of a vaccine it really isn't possible to lock everybody up for the next 18 months or so. The sooner the virus runs its course the sooner its behind us.

I respectfully disagree; take politics out of it: with no vaccine available, and none on the immediate horizon, Herd Immunity is all we have.

This virus will take its course, no matter what we do, and there will be a toll (Like the flu, Pneumonia, cancer, heart disease, car accident and gunshot deaths). I heard yesterday, the death toll is the lowest its been since the start. But, in the absence of a vaccine it really isn't possible to lock everybody up for the next 18 months or so. The sooner the virus runs its course the sooner its behind us.

I disagree but I appreciate the way you presented your argument. Need more of this on the board. Respect.

In other words, we're Sweden now whether we like it or not.

Advertisement
Back