Dominiq Ponder, QB, Carol City '22

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Interesting name to monitor here. Transfer from Naples and its run-heavy offense. Already has an FIU offer. He has size (6'3), smoothness and arm talent. We will see how fast he processes the passing game against top competition at Carol City:

Sophomore HL:

Advertisement

@Official Cane Gang is always on top of local QBs.

Gotta have a good season at CC. That offense he was at is BS - nearly impossible to gauge how he is as a passer. Dudes are open with no one within 10 yards. Looks like a good athlete though.

Advertisement
He's definitely a runner, but he has room to grow into a dual threat QB.

I'm all for having diverse skill-sets at the QB position. Will be interesting to see how he grows.

I’m assuming he played in a triple option type of offense in Naples? Every pass highlight is the defense completely biting on play action and him lobbing it over their heads for easy touchdowns.

Advertisement
Run heavy offense, arm talent, etc. etc. Wasn't the same thing said about Artur Sitkowski? And before you downvote, search Sitkowski posts. Ah what the heck, still give me a thumbs down for being a mope. I deserve it.

He's definitely a runner, but he has room to grow into a dual threat QB.

I'm all for having diverse skill-sets at the QB position. Will be interesting to see how he grows.
Tall and accurate, from those few clips seems to never actually step into a throw and that can be taught, but accurate on the move with enough wheels

Advertisement
His mechanics are terrible. Leaning back, not stepping into throw or even feet / balance set. It’s fixable but not a typical film for a legit prospect.

That's all arm...Doesn't really use his lower body. But that arm is live. Motion is long at times and seems to shorten up others. Very raw but there is arm talent imo.

Advertisement
I’m assuming he played in a triple option type of offense in Naples? Every pass highlight is the defense completely biting on play action and him lobbing it over their heads for easy touchdowns.
Split back veer to be exact.

Interesting name to monitor here. Transfer from Naples and its run-heavy offense. Already has an FIU offer. He has size (6'3), smoothness and arm talent. We will see how fast he processes the passing game against top competition at Carol City:

Sophomore HL:

Any relation to Levon?

Sophomore HL:

Sophomore HL:

Sophomore HL:

Check out @ponder_dominiq on Twitter to see a more current workout video. Height 6’5” weight 190

Advertisement
Back