Dominance of the SEC makes College football boring

All ACC
Premium
Obviously it'd be exciting if Miami were on top but besides that... Pretty one dimensional right now. The sport was better when 2 or 3 teams in the Big Ten had a chance at the title. When all Florida schools had a shot. When USC and more teams from out west were dominant. When the Big 12 had 2-4 top 10 teams. Now it's just a bunch of bull**** and the SEC.

Yah these Baylors, Oregons and TCU's can be fun to watch but this sport needs its tradition. Did anyone even watch the Red River today?

Advertisement
I think it's partially because of their ridiculous tv contracts, particularly CBS. They've monopolized the spotlight and high school kids who can't go to bama or uga, will opt for something like ole miss and Arkansas, rather than Michigan, just so they can play in the SEC.

Also, the coaching is ridiculous. Each SEC school has to hire outrageous caliber coaches just to compete. Steve Spurrier coaches South Carolina, and he's practically forgotten. Next thing you know, Tennessee will hire john madden.

All about the money....giant public schools who care more about football than anything else.

I'm confused by this post. I think your saying the SEC traditional powerhouses win to much? If so how do you account for Ole Miss and Miss St. If you are saying SEC in general then why call for Big 12 traditional powers, I mean Baylor is looking pretty good. TCU is exciting and could play ANYONE in the SEC.

Pac 10 looks good as well and MSU ain't to shabby.

Kinda all over the place with this. Bama won a squeaker, Auburn got pounded. TAMU, Ole Miss and Miss St not exactly what people think of when they think SEC, color me confused.

BTW Notre Dame and FSU making the ACC seem legit as well.

Advertisement
I'm confused by this post. I think your saying the SEC traditional powerhouses win to much? If so how do you account for Ole Miss and Miss St. If you are saying SEC in general then why call for Big 12 traditional powers, I mean Baylor is looking pretty good. TCU is exciting and could play ANYONE in the SEC.

Pac 10 looks good as well and MSU ain't to shabby.

Kinda all over the place with this. Bama won a squeaker, Auburn got pounded. TAMU, Ole Miss and Miss St not exactly what people think of when they think SEC, color me confused.

BTW Notre Dame and FSU making the ACC seem legit as well.

It's simple. The sports more excited when its not dominated completely by one conference.

What I meant about Baylor TCU, ect is that so many traditional powers being down hurts. So many big rivalries are obsolete.

Last edited:
The sliding scale essentially destroyed the sport.

That and the NCAA hunting down all competitors while allowing massive pay for play.

SEC ain't dominating nothing. The coverage they receive and how they are pushed on us makes it seem that way.

SEC has a lot of subppar squads. They just have this strange chokehold on the media. Their losses don't hurt as much as other schools and downplayed. Miss St to me is truly the only good team in that conference. Dan Mullen has done wonders. His halftime speech today made me smile so hard because that's what were missing at the U

SEC ain't dominating nothing. The coverage they receive and how they are pushed on us makes it seem that way.

SEC has a lot of subppar squads. They just have this strange chokehold on the media. Their losses don't hurt as much as other schools and downplayed. Miss St to me is truly the only good team in that conference. Dan Mullen has done wonders. His halftime speech today made me smile so hard because that's what were missing at the U

You trollin?

Advertisement
The SEC deserves to be where they are at. 7 of the last 8 national champions? Top recruiting classes? Crown them until someone dethrones them.

You trollin?

I'm so serious.

All about the money....giant public schools who care more about football than anything else.

Hate to agree but this, they are all bout football. Like that's all that matters and u know what it brings them notoriety and money it's a win win to expand your school. I can't get y miami doesn't see this. Also hate to be the one to say it but Fsu with Winston will smash the sec and NCAA and sec hate it......Fsu is in it cuz they rape sfla and recruit great on the DL.

So easy to be Fsu right also I hate admitting it, they can say come to Fsu. Get pu55y easy don't go to class be a first rounder, u can color outside the lines Donna isn't prez and tracing is allowed. Also they can say come play half azzed the whole schedule cuz the acc sux and then take the bcs serious. U will be rested and play with sfla studs.

Advertisement
The SEC deserves to be where they are at. 7 of the last 8 national champions? Top recruiting classes? Crown them until someone dethrones them.

well they pay good money for those recruiting classes so i will not give them props for that. also you could argue they get a major advantage with making it to the NC game with the preseason rankings and the voter bias for the polls

Live in Austin so had it on the TV while watching the Canes game at the Canes Bar.....More OU fans were there though

I don't 100% agree with you as I feel like the SEC West is actually really good right now and UGA is a solid team. With that said, most years there are not that many great teams in there as the media would have us believe and I agree, losses are downplayed and sometimes even turned into a positive when it is to another SEC school. The media has significantly helped the SEC's rise.

Advertisement
I think it's partially because of their ridiculous tv contracts, particularly CBS. They've monopolized the spotlight and high school kids who can't go to bama or uga, will opt for something like ole miss and Arkansas, rather than Michigan, just so they can play in the SEC.

Also, the coaching is ridiculous. Each SEC school has to hire outrageous caliber coaches just to compete. Steve Spurrier coaches South Carolina, and he's practically forgotten. Next thing you know, Tennessee will hire john madden.

I don't think that would be a very good hire....he's dead.

I don't think that would be a very good hire....he's dead.

Nevermind....I was thinking of Pat Summerall. Plus I am still pretty drunk!

Dethrone? That already happened. The whole SEC (not just the east) is not what it was a few years ago in comparison to other teams from big 5 conferences. SO, dethrone them? Already been done. Prove the conference isn't the end all, be all, that is happening before your eyes as Bama can barely beat Arkansas, which has not won an SEC game since the Egyptians built the pyramids.

Hate to agree but this, they are all bout football. Like that's all that matters and u know what it brings them notoriety and money it's a win win to expand your school. I can't get y miami doesn't see this. Also hate to be the one to say it but Fsu with Winston will smash the sec and NCAA and sec hate it......Fsu is in it cuz they rape sfla and recruit great on the DL.
BINGO

Advertisement
Back