Dolphins should...

Cam at his peak is a top 5-10 QB in the league. To say, there is no team with a legit opportunity for him to start is crazy talk. If Miami hadn't picked Tua, then yes, it would've been an ideal situation for him to come here and potentially finish his career with the Fins. However, Fins have Tua and the last thing they're going to do is put someone on the team that could stump his growth and development.

Cam had 1 year he was a Top 10 QB

Advertisement
So what’s the betting odds that Andy Dalton ends up a Patriot?

So what’s the betting odds that Andy Dalton ends up a Patriot?
Pretty good, but Jax is a threat.

B462F84D-4774-4425-8738-E951846A3500.png

I don't put a lot of stock into his off the field stuff. He's still a top tier QB when healthy. Maybe I don't have a good ideal of how the NFL feels about Cam, but I don't see him signing for less than two years which scratches him off Miami's board.

Dolphins need a vet QB (and someone better than Fitzpatrick) for the next 2 years.

Anyone thinking that Tua is a lock to win the job/be healthy by September 1, 2021 is just delusional.

And anyone looking to give Cam a 2-year guarantee plus a handshake agreement to start could have done so before the draft, which shows Cam that the market is not strong for him. Again, if he wants to play the waiting game in the hopes that an injury will open up a spot, that is certainly an option. But if the Dolphins offer him a few million for 2 years, why should he hesitate? Even if you assume Cam wants "assurances", why would he think he is incapable of beating out Tua, Fitzpatrick, and/or Rosen?

And on the Dolphins side of things, why would they want to roll the dice with that QB room? Several teams took Tua off their draft boards entirely because of the injury history. And, sure, maybe the Dolphins are trying to get back on the right side of karma after signing Culpepper over Brees, but all the wishful thinking in the world doesn't change what could happen to Tua. So after tanking for a Top 5 pick, the Dolphins shouldn't sign a former MVP QB...because they have Fitzpatrick and Tua is "healthy"? That's just nuts.

Cam is the best available proven FA QB, and he is better than Fitzpatrick.

Trade Josh Rosen to the Chargers for Denzel Perryman.

Sign Cam Newton.
I’m sure the chargers aren’t that stupid..they just drafted a qb and have tyrod..if the dolphins called offering that I would say throw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder

Advertisement
I’m sure the chargers aren’t that stupid..they just drafted a qb and have tyrod..if the dolphins called offering that I would say throw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder

The Chargers wouldn't trade a LB they are about to cut for a former 1st round QB?

Seriously?

It’ll never happen. Fitz and Gailey have a relationship, Miami only needs a QB for one year before Tua takes over. It is a lock Tua is the 2021 future, I have zero doubt. Not only is he fully cleared right this moment, he has shown that more than 2 weeks ago he could run and change direction. The hip looked fine. Throw in a delayed season and another 5+ months of rehab and Tua is good to go this season, let alone 2021.

Cam is not a Flores type of player and he’s probably not looking for a one year deal. Fitz’s 2020 season is already guaranteed, there is no way, thankfully, that Miami pursues Cam. If anything, they will give Rosen every opportunity to win the job and hope he becomes a tradeable asset.

Advertisement
The Chargers wouldn't trade a LB they are about to cut for a former 1st round QB?

Seriously?
Yes seriously..why tf would the dolphins think about about trading any asset WHEN THEY KNOW THE PLAYER IS ABOUT TO BE CUT. Especially for a 1 year rental...then wtf would the chargers want to take on Rosen and his deal with 3 years left With tyrod locked in and Herbert 4 year rookie deal . Rosens deal is almost unmovable and will like end with Miami eating that money after 21...Makes zero sense both ways..let the chargers cut him then renegotiate that contract

Come to think of it, trading a asset for a player about to be cut sounds like a dolphins thing to do

...get a Priest, a Shaman and a Vodoo Priestess and exercise the demons and that Root put on them under the curse of allowing the destruction of the Orange Bowl. Canes too for that matter.

It’ll never happen. Fitz and Gailey have a relationship, Miami only needs a QB for one year before Tua takes over. It is a lock Tua is the 2021 future, I have zero doubt. Not only is he fully cleared right this moment, he has shown that more than 2 weeks ago he could run and change direction. The hip looked fine. Throw in a delayed season and another 5+ months of rehab and Tua is good to go this season, let alone 2021.

Cam is not a Flores type of player and he’s probably not looking for a one year deal. Fitz’s 2020 season is already guaranteed, there is no way, thankfully, that Miami pursues Cam. If anything, they will give Rosen every opportunity to win the job and hope he becomes a tradeable asset.
If cam is heathy he should look to take a 1 year deal in a great situation. Bet on himself. I don’t think Anybody is gonna offer cam long term Starting QB contract He might feel he deserves RN coming off that shoulder

Advertisement
If cam is heathy he should look to take a 1 year deal in a great situation. Bet on himself. I don’t think Anybody is gonna offer cam long term Starting QB contract He might feel he deserves RN coming off that shoulder
He very well may sign a one year deal, but it won’t be in Miami. There’s a reason no team is rushing to sign him.

He very well may sign a one year deal, but it won’t be in Miami. There’s a reason no team is rushing to sign him.
No team was rushing to sign him because you just had the draft..still have teams who will be cutting some pretty valuable guys across all positions (Andy dalton)..no reason to rush rn..but if I’m cam and I’m healthy I’d be open to 1 year starter rental somewhere

Advertisement

Not even that, we don’t know how far Tua is in his progress. He could start half the season for all we know. He was moving phenomenal in those videos. He might even be ready to go 4 games into the season.

The Dolphins should see what it takes to get Leonard Fournette. We have the draft capital. I say no more than a 3rd though and that might be generous of me.

For those that are counting Tua out for this year, remember, C.J. Moseley had the same injury in the NC game, and He came back in time for His Sr. season and was a 1st Rd. pick the following year.

Not saying Tua's Moseley, just giving an example that it can be done.

Advertisement
Back