NFL Dolphins get shafted by the NFL.

laughing so hard that I’m crying. How do you not even cheat right?
Its a ***ing joke. Thats how incompetent this ownership is. They just screwed us royally. We cant even get 1 1st round pick right when we have 3 of them in the same year. We are the last team to be handing back our 1st round picks. I really hate this team. Maybe Ruiz can buy this team on a discount now that its public knowledge we are screwed even more.

Advertisement
It's time to gas up the plane, banner season is coming. #sellthefinsross

banner 1.gif

As a non-Dolphins fan this seems...pretty reasonable?

You shouldn't be able to contact another teams' coach or star player (and, in addition, the greatest player of all time) while they're still under contract with those teams. That's a hard line everyone should be able to get behind.

Whether or not each ultimately came to Miami isn't the issue. Guess that's just me.
I mean if you’re gonna put out feelers, be smart enough to not have your owner in waiting do it with a paper trail.

Every team tampers. It was so bad, the NFL passed a rule to create a "legal" tampering window. Maybe some teams weren't as blatant as the Dolphins. I also think the punishment was really because of how stupid and blatant Ross was at wanting to tank. There's no way the NFL would ever admit Ross tried to tank. That would be devastating for several reasons. The NFL had another excuse with the tampering stuff and hammered away at that.

Advertisement
Every team tampers. It was so bad, the NFL passed a rule to create a "legal" tampering window. Maybe some teams weren't as blatant as the Dolphins. I also think the punishment was really because of how stupid and blatant Ross was at wanting to tank. There's no way the NFL would ever admit Ross tried to tank. That would be devastating for several reasons. The NFL had another excuse with the tampering stuff and hammered away at that.
The tampering window is for teams to contact players who’ve contracts have expired and will be impending free agents. It happens after the season concludes.

This was not that.

Years ago I decided to turn in my Fins fan card. Now I can sit back and laugh at the sheer incompetence of this once great franchise. They're just so bad... at everything.

The tampering window is for teams to contact players who’ve contracts have expired and will be impending free agents. It happens after the season concludes.

This was not that.
That tampering window is for deals to get done but not signed before the new league year begins. You think deals getting agreed to within minutes of that window being open isn't a sign of tampering? Sticking with the Dolphins, Adam Schefter reported they had a deal done with Chase Edmonds eleven minutes after the tampering window opened. You want to believe that deal was negotiated legally and fairly then agreed to and reported to Schefter in 11 minutes? Ok. And that wasn't even the first reported signing.

The Dolphins problem was the call was coming from inside the house. Brian Flores told the world in his lawsuit that he was such a bastion of integrity he wouldn't meet with Tom Brady or tank. Never mind Mr. Integrity was a driving force in trying to trade for an apparent serial sexual assaulter.

The NFL is reactionary. There is never an investigation if Flores keeps his mouth shut but once he talked they had to cover their ***. Just like baseball people started playing dumb and offended when Mike Fiers ratted out the Astros, NFL people are doing the same with all the "blatant and egregious" nonsense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back