Doesn’t matter who the coach is until...

Advertisement
Those guys don't want to come here...and never have. Historically, even when we were winning, there were some good units here and there but we were never known for getting those guys.

Advertisement
Let’s see we have a total of one upper classmen on the line going against veteran lineman. I am not concerned but cautiously optimistic. Relax people, trust the process, one brick at a time.🤣😂😅

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
You want killer offensive lines? Hire a great offensive line coach and feed him whatever players he wants. Wisconsin churns our studs every year converting fat white corn fed hillbillies, moving defensive tackles to guard, and forcing guys to take the long road to starting.

Miami gets a handful of 4 stars and developmental athletes and presses them into service too early in a rush to fill gaps. It’s a bandaid solution. Outside of Scaife today all of the starters need more time developing. Donaldson might be talented but he’s fat as ****. The New Miami basically gutted the team of any experience at the offensive line and that gap won’t be filled for years. The starters today either improve each year or this program will every year thrust freshmen into starting roles and watch them get shell shocked and fail.

The starting offensive line for any major program should be mostly redshirt seniors, seniors, redshirt juniors, and juniors - not true freshmen. These guys need years of development, not months.

Doesn't matter who's on the O-line or who the coach is until we don't get someone a level up who is a competent football mind and knows how to run a football program.

Everything else is a symptom. It's about time we attack the disease.

Doesn't matter who's on the O-line or who the coach is until we don't get someone a level up who is a competent football mind and knows how to run a football program.

Everything else is a symptom. It's about time we attack the disease.
Idk... Diaz inherited a terrible Ol with very little to work with. Maybe they wiffed on Kennedy but they tried... until the OL is Kentucky level respectable you Can’t expect offense to do a while lot

Advertisement
Those guys don't want to come here...and never have. Historically, even when we were winning, there were some good units here and there but we were never known for getting those guys.

The 2000-2001 OL were as dominant and nasty as any line ever. Bc the head coach prioritized recruiting it and literally searched the entire continent for big nasties.

Idk... Diaz inherited a terrible Ol with very little to work with. Maybe they wiffed on Kennedy but they tried... until the OL is Kentucky level respectable you Can’t expect offense to do a while lot

I can expect our coaches to look at our OL and remove 7 step drops from under center from our playbook. When Jarren is either in the shotgun or running plays with quick drops he looks like a different player.

Advertisement
The right coach would get guys like that.
I say **** it The U got money lawyer up with some of the best Federal lawyers money can buy and let’s start recruiting like Alabama, Georgia and Clemson! Do whatever it takes to keep South Florida kids home and dare the NCAA to even try and come at us. Tell them SEC loving ******** if they come after us again we’ll be ready, no more backing down. This is the only hope we got other than that we can forget it!!!

UF O-line is not worst than ours and Maryland and Louisville both haven’t faced ranked opponents so that’s thrown out the window.
Syracuse was ranked when Maryland played them.

Louisiville played Notre Dame who was ranked.

UFs OL is worse than ours. Mullen masks it extremely effectively.

We don’t have anyone like that on either side of the ball. We have guys that like to tough talk and wear the uniform but then get their **** pushed in by everyone. They are supposed to be fast but can’t separate, can’t keep up in coverage, and get chased down from behind constantly. They like to parade around with the stupid gimmick turnover chain and the ridiculous rings that make us look pathetic when we get blown out playing anyone with a pulse. Talk tough and then go down after any amount of contact.... ridiculous.

Syracuse was ranked when Maryland played them.

Louisiville played Notre Dame who was ranked.

UFs OL is worse than ours. Mullen masks it extremely effectively.
I forgot ND played Louisville. And I could’ve sworn Syracuse was outside of 25 when they played Maryland but Ok ima take what you said for gospel, even so what does this prove? Maryland has only allowed 5 sacks thus far into the season. Louisville only 7 and that’s after playing ND and Syracuse. First game against UF we allowed 10, 14 sacks 4 games into the season. We’re #128 in sacks allowed, and the only team with more sacks allowed against them in the entire FBS is Akron. UF o-line is inexperienced but they’re not a complete train wreck, if UF o-line is horrid than Mullen is doing a **** good job of masking it because they’ve only allowed 3 sacks. And that’s around the ballpark of teams like Bama (3) and Clemson (2). Our O-line at moments have displayed complete ineptitude when it comes to the basic concept of blocking, they get beat easily , and at times they cannot block without holding. I haven’t even began to look up the stats when it comes to holding. Ima save me the trouble of doing so. Despite this I can’t put all the blame Manny and co. Our O-line recruiting has been sus for over a decade. And things like Golden recruiting only 1 Olineman in the 2016 class and CMR taking commitments from 2 stars is how we end up in this predicament.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back