Does Walton finish season as UM career rush TD record holder

tinman_96

Redshirt Freshman
UM career rushing TD record standings
1. Stephen McGuire (1989-92) 35 TD
2. Edgerrin James (1996-98) 32 TD
3. Willis McGahee (2001-02) 31 TD
7. Mark Walton (2015-?) 23 TD
Walton has 23 rushing TDs in his two years. 9 in '15 and 14 in '16. So Walton needs 13 rushing TDs to become the career record holder. I think he gets it before ACC championship weekend this year.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Walton has 23 rushing TDs in his two years. 9 in '15 and 14 in '16. So Walton needs 13 rushing TDs to become the career record holder. I think he gets it before ACC championship weekend this year.

What do you guys think?

Defintiely

What do you guys think?

It'll be close, IMO.

While he's obviously improving, and his stats show that from 2015 to 2016, we have so many offensive weapons now. Even more than in the past (Njoku, Coley, etc). The influx of deep threat talent (Richards, Thomas, Harley, et al), we also have talented big body guys (Cager, langham, lil Njoku, Herndon, etc) who are gonna make noise in the red zone. Question is, can whoever the starter is get them all the ball?

Not to mention, we'll most likely have a running QB threat now who will pull the ball out of Walton's stomach when he gets keyed on.

So, long story short, I have no ******* idea.... Lol

I think he'll get 16 rushing TD's this season & at least 1TD receiving.

Keep in mind, this is actually supposed to his Sophomore year & he could break this record without even having a Senior season.

I rather see Walton finish w/ ACC championship. As we saw with Kaaya, no one cares about stats if you didn't win.

Advertisement
Bshaw & the Hate Brigrade are sending in reinforcements as we speak.

What do you guys think?

Easily.

Advertisement

What do you guys think?

This is crazy when you consider how many of his TD's have been called back due to Penalties

Advertisement
I can't believe I am the first one to say as long as the OL improves and does not get his TD's called back due to holding calls.

*Edit Jed barely beat me to it.

That list highlights the beast McGahee was. Dude went off scoring TDs in '02.

Mcgahee quite possibly was our most talented back physically before the injuries. He was a monster his final year at Miami

Frank Gore.
He was a monster before the injuries and so **** explosive. But with mcgahee he was 6'0 220 plus running 4.38- 4.44 range. That final year he was the most dominant year I've seen from a Miami running back personally

Advertisement

Mcgahee quite possibly was our most talented back physically before the injuries. He was a monster his final year at Miami

Frank Gore.
He was a monster before the injuries and so **** explosive. But with mcgahee he was 6'0 220 plus running 4.38- 4.44 range. That final year he was the most dominant year I've seen from a Miami running back personally

Agreed. 2002 Willis McGahee was probably the best season for a Miami running back ever. What'd he have like 27 touchdowns? Ridiculous.

Frank Gore.

Well said. In '02 he was the most dominant back I'd seen at Miami.

Frank Gore.

Agreed. 2002 Willis McGahee was probably the best season for a Miami running back ever. What'd he have like 27 touchdowns? Ridiculous.

Yeah, it's incredible how he came back and was still picked in the first round months later after that gruesome injury

McGahee singlehandedly trumped Coker's incompetence. He was the only reason we didn't drop a few games that season.

Then, when that scared pvssy cheap-shotted him in the Fiesta Bowl, we were gutted. I'm surprised we came back and won that game without him.

Advertisement
Back