Does tomorrow matter?

jerzeycane

All-ACC
Merry Christmas you filthy animals

I usually put a ton of stock into how teams perform in November and their prospective bowl game.

You're usually playing high leverage conference games and you're team has been able to see what its strengths/weaknesses are throughout a season.

UNC withstanding, the team played surprisingly well down the stretch. Granted, the meat of the schedule was earlier in the season, which is what got us Mark Richt, but I'm intrigued to see how they perform tomorrow.

Question I'm posing to y'all is, does it even matter?

As a qualifier, it's never good to get washed on National Television, but say we lose 27-17 tomorrow, who here would be discouraged by that outcome? How does tomorrow's outcome affect recruiting?

Advertisement
Doesn't affect **** in recruiting win or lose.

Win the game we might be ranked or close to it next year.

I don't think it does because Richt hasn't taken the reigns yet. Obviously I would hope we could win tomorrow, but if we don't....it's not the end of the world.

Advertisement
Yes.

Richt is going to be looking at that game to see who shows up to play for Coach Scott.

It's a Canes game so it matters to me. Golden is gone and my '***** to give' bowl is slap full again. I will throw the whole ******* bowl at the tv screen if things go bad tomorrow.

Outcome will not affect recruiting. The game matters because every game matters. We saw in the last Sun Bowl how we rolled over in front of our new HC. It showed a lack of respect for him in my eyes and foreshadowed all those juniors leaving and guys getting run out of the program. If we go out there and quit it probably won't bode well.

Yes we need to to win this one. We haven't won a bowl game since 2006

Last edited:
Advertisement
Very smart of Richt to stay the **** away from this bowl game. He didn't have enough time to degoldonize and it could be a bloodbath.

Shut up and enjoy one more game for the next nine months. We don't get enough Miami Hurricanes football in a year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For those kids coming back they are now playing for Richt. They should be playing to get his attention. If I don't see a spirited performance, win or lose, I think it should be concerning.

not to be cliche, but every game matters.

a win might make our preseason rank higher which will have us ranked and relevant sooner

Depends if there's snow. If yes, then yes. Have to know how these kids perform on ice and in a snowball fight. Richt WILL be watching.

If there's no snow then it simply matters as much as the last Sunbowl. Especially how we feel at halftime. Will speak volumes about Richt.

Advertisement
Back